[Q] Bricked? Kindle Fire HD 7''

Search This thread

18lo

Nov 21, 2013
BACKGROUND: So i rooted my kindle using this tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUW6KARo8Y4 and it worked fine... up until i tried to put the new os. This was a very long time ago and you can follow my progress in my old forum http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2536008&page=4 (which did not fix it.) I decided i need a new start so i made this new forum.

Okay so heres the problem: When i boot up my kindle, it shows the regular kindlefire logo (not fire fire fire) and then a red screen slides by and it boots into fastboot.

*I do have access to a factory fastboot cable*

luigirocks

Aug 24, 2013
BACKGROUND: So i rooted my kindle using this tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUW6KARo8Y4 and it worked fine... up until i tried to put the new os. This was a very long time ago and you can follow my progress in my old forum http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2536008&page=4 (which did not fix it.) I decided i need a new start so i made this new forum.

Okay so heres the problem: When i boot up my kindle, it shows the regular kindlefire logo (not fire fire fire) and then a red screen slides by and it boots into fastboot.

Its a really simple fix. Just making sure, this is codename tate? Turn off the kindle. Download the restore image tool for the kindle on the development page where you get ROMs. After that's downloaded plug in the fast boot cable to the PC and your kindle. Turn the device on, run the bat file from the image tool, and then you want to do 4, then the one that restores to the original bootloader, don't know what number. Then hit 1. After that you have a brand new kindle. And reboot with a regular cable.

Last edited:

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest

I told you last time you flashed the wrong bootloader. The video is for an 8.9. You seem to not be able to make up your mind which mod you tried first but you have issue that are not repairable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
I told you last time you flashed the wrong bootloader. The video is for an 8.9. You seem to not be able to make up your mind which mod you tried first but you have issue that are not repairable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Um, you sure he hard bricked it? He said it's going to a red screen then fastboot, if that was the case and the pc can detect it he should be able to reflash the bootloader. Then again i didnt really read the thread he posted, just kinda glanced through it.

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Um, you sure he hard bricked it? He said it's going to a red screen then fastboot, if that was the case and the pc can detect it he should be able to reflash the bootloader. Then again i didnt really read the thread he posted, just kinda glanced through it.

You might try reading the original thread then.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
You might try reading the original thread then.

ok after reading that i'm a bit confused becasue it seems suggestions were being thrown all over the place. I see it says he thought he flashed firefirefire, but as far as i know, flashing that would have resulted in the device not even wanting to power on since its not designed for our device and wouldnt turn on.

I'm willing to play ball and see where this goes just to see whats going on. If you can get fastboot to recognize the device try running "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product" and tell me what it hands off, i want to know once and for all that this is a 7" hd model and that will tell me.

18lo

Nov 21, 2013

i was able to remove the bootloader

18lo

Nov 21, 2013
Uh oh... I tried to use KFFirrstAid again and completely restore to 7.2.3 and i believe i have officially hard bricked my kindle. It does not turn on and the computer cannot detect it. Thanks for your help anyway:(

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
how did kffa manage to hard brick it???? Well if it is indeed hard bricked i would see about putting it to a good cause and see if @kurohyou wants it. He mapped out emmc pins for the 8.9" and kf2 so we can reflash teh bootloader via soldering a sdcard reader to the kindles motherboard, but he still needs a hard bricked kfhd 7 to map th epins out for this model. Downside is it will probably make the kindle's motherboard completely unusable because he has to unsolder the emmc chip to figure out the pin locations. He might be able to solder the emmc back on thought so you might actually get a working motherboard back if you get lucky. This would benefit the community as awkward as it is to ask.

18lo

Nov 21, 2013
how did kffa manage to hard brick it???? Well if it is indeed hard bricked i would see about putting it to a good cause and see if @kurohyou wants it. He mapped out emmc pins for the 8.9" and kf2 so we can reflash teh bootloader via soldering a sdcard reader to the kindles motherboard, but he still needs a hard bricked kfhd 7 to map th epins out for this model. Downside is it will probably make the kindle's motherboard completely unusable because he has to unsolder the emmc chip to figure out the pin locations. He might be able to solder the emmc back on thought so you might actually get a working motherboard back if you get lucky. This would benefit the community as awkward as it is to ask.

ill see what i can do. i certainly have no use for it.