Blacklisted, but unlocked, T-Mobile Galaxy S5 on AT&T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DutchDogg54

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 16, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Yeah, we can't have discussions like this going on - next time you see anything about IMEI changes of any kind please hit report and let the mods take care of it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I unlock phones etc daily ... and yeah if you have a blacklisted at&t phone you Can't! Use it, unless you go overseas ... But if you have a blacklisted tmobile phone you can unlock it and use with another carrier example (At&t, red locket, h2o) with no problem ....

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Blacklisted ? I clean imei's lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

So far only couple of people are able to do the new Galaxy S5 including me .... well the AT&T at the moment ... I'm waiting for a TMobile donor phone to begin the process ...

But I'm not gonna go into details about this kind of stuff ...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Hi, can I unlock it anywhere and still use it? How will I know if it works or not? Is there anyway for them to track the phone down once I use it? I would love to have you unlock it. Where are you located?

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

I heard you can't clean the IMEM on the Samsung Galaxy s5 yet bc the firmware. It's too new. If you can I hope you're located in Socal! LMK!:laugh:

You can unlock any phone (Blacklisted or NOT!) But for example if you have a (AT&T device [Unlocked] you cant use it here *USA* only overseas) But if you a T-Mobile [Unlocked] you can use here *USA* only AT&T carrier compatible .....
    I am not a goody two shoes - far from it - but to me there is something morally wrong with buying and supporting Black listed phones = just to save a few bucks.

you are in effect supporting the people who stole the phone in the first place - I would rather pay a premium price for a new phone and know that I am not getting a deal because of someone elses misfortune than pay less for a black listed phone just to save money,

If you have ever had a phone stolen from you - I think you would agree - buying a black listed phone is not a victimless crime it can perpetrate the original theft and we should all consider avoiding that....all black listed phones are probably not stolen - but how do you know?

my two cents
    Most blacklisted phones are either financed or reported lost. That's why they are blacklisted by the carrier. I've never had anybody steal my phone or know of anyone who had their phone stolen. Those who default on their payment deserve to get their phones blacklisted but at that point they are out of the innitial $200+ anyway. So if they're looking to resell the phone to recoupe that money, I'm not sure how that should be looked down upon. Meanwhile those who lose their phones and later go on to report it as stolen because they want to get a new phone thru insurance, get no sympathy from me.

Proof again that I very rarely know what i am talking about - - apologies -someone I know explained black listed phones differently to me - your explanation makes sense - I appreciate the clarification.