Bluetooth Headset Question

Search This thread

drew6625

Sep 26, 2009
I have Jaybird Freedom Sprint Bluetooth headsets that I use to workout with. I tried pairing with them on my Omate. It will pair but the sound still comes out of the speaker on the watch. Is there something I can do to fix that as the headset works great. Thanks for any help!

Mhotep06

Nov 13, 2010
VA
I have have a pair of Jaybirds, and mine did the same thing. What worked was the Omate ran out of juice and after recharging and Turing back on it has worked perfectly every since. You may also need to to set the Jaybirds as default for miix and phone calls under Bluetooth settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew6625

Sep 26, 2009
Yeah, so I don't see in the watch where those Bluetooth settings are to set the Jaybird up as default. Maybe you can help guide me to where that is. Not sure if it matters but it is stock. I also drained the battery but it didn't do anything. If you have a speific process maybe you could lay it out for me and see what happens. Thanks again for the help!

Mhotep06

Nov 13, 2010
VA
Go to settings. Then wireless and networks. Then Bluetooth. Select Jaybird make sure phone and media audio are selected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drew6625

Sep 26, 2009
I found the options and it was set as you stated above. Still didn't connect. But, I did a hard reset and tried again and it wored fine, now the issue is that when I turn the headsets on they should connect to the watch but doesnt automatically and I have to re-pair each time.

Mhotep06

Nov 13, 2010
VA
Glad you got it to work. Not sure why you have to repair each time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gabbadoo

Sep 28, 2012
I have a bluetooth problem too. My 1/8 2100 (stock firmware) Truesmart pairs with my LogiLink BT0026 headset but i can play music only within a distance of about 10cm. It disconnects on a higher range. Same with the connection to my PC. The headset connects normally to my other devices. Any ideas???

Last edited:

nlck09

Mar 2, 2014
I have a bluetooth problem too. My 1/8 2100 (stock firmware) Truesmart pairs with my LogiLink BT0026 headset but i can play music only within a distance of about 10cm. It disconnects on a higher range. Same with the connection to my PC. The headset connects normally to my other devices. Any ideas???

I have the earlier 1/8 US firmware. I use the Altec Lansing Backbeat 903 Bluetooth(Also sold as Plantronics under same model name and number) headset that I picked up from a garage sale today. Great Bluetooth stereo sound! I absolutely get no sound cuts when worn on my wrist(Which is 2ft away when arm extended) no matter how I move my arms. Have you tried disabling the quickboot feature in Settings >> System >> Accessibility? That feature is causing problems with wifi and bluetooth due to the firmware from what I've been told before.

Reactions: gabbadoo

gabbadoo

Sep 28, 2012
Thx for your reply! :good:
I tried disabling the quickboot feature and also flashed Loki's EnSec-firmware, but the problem is still the same. :crying:

movieifx

Jan 10, 2009
I have come to the conclusion that we can't always blame the truesmart with the bluetooth issues. I have a bluetooth audio receiver plugged into my hifi system but I can only stream to it in very close contact i.e. about 10cm maxiumum. However same setup on watch connected to my August EP60 headphones (which are amazing btw) yielded very different results. After connectin established I started music streaming and took off my watch and leaving it downstairs went for a walk round my house including upstairs. No loss of connection with several meters distance and no dropouts at all. Happy because I bought the August EP60's specifically to use with Truesmart.
:good:

death_entry

Nov 23, 2006
London
Hi,

I'm listening to music from my TS through my bluetooth earphones right now... apart from the occasional split second stutter, I'm very impressed.... I can see how this would be a killer device for the gym or joggers etc, I'm so impressed im going to try and find a smaller pair than my backbeats!

gabbadoo

Sep 28, 2012
I have come to the conclusion that we can't always blame the truesmart with the bluetooth issues. I have a bluetooth audio receiver plugged into my hifi system but I can only stream to it in very close contact i.e. about 10cm maxiumum. However same setup on watch connected to my August EP60 headphones (which are amazing btw) yielded very different results. After connectin established I started music streaming and took off my watch and leaving it downstairs went for a walk round my house including upstairs. No loss of connection with several meters distance and no dropouts at all. Happy because I bought the August EP60's specifically to use with Truesmart.
:good:
Good to hear this, so i still have hope. ;)
What's about your WiFi connection... my maximum range is 3 to 5 meters away from the router (same room, no walls between).

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
With my stock TrueSmart I get Bluetooth solid from 3 rooms, 32 ft min before blittiness starts. WiFi is even farther.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

gabbadoo

Sep 28, 2012
Bluetooth and WiFi range problem solved!

My problem is finally solved.! :) I removed the pin of the wristband in which the antenna is located and found that both black wires were scratched. I isolated them with a small peace of tape and now it works great for me.

Reactions: trent999

gillebob

Oct 11, 2007
My problem is finally solved.! :) I removed the pin of the wristband in which the antenna is located and found that both black wires were scratched. I isolated them with a small peace of tape and now it works great for me.

Just took mine apart for the second time and found the same connector lose again, hopefully sorted properly this time. How did you get the wristband pins out, mine don't seem to have screw heads.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have the earlier 1/8 US firmware. I use the Altec Lansing Backbeat 903 Bluetooth(Also sold as Plantronics under same model name and number) headset that I picked up from a garage sale today. Great Bluetooth stereo sound! I absolutely get no sound cuts when worn on my wrist(Which is 2ft away when arm extended) no matter how I move my arms. Have you tried disabling the quickboot feature in Settings >> System >> Accessibility? That feature is causing problems with wifi and bluetooth due to the firmware from what I've been told before.
    Bluetooth and WiFi range problem solved!