Having two known issues and they are contradicting

Search This thread

eviltweak

Dec 21, 2012
Hi guys, please direct me to the correct place if this is not it. I am currently running revolt and I want to flash a new ROM. I had a status 7 error, which I have had before and I fixed that by updating CWM. But here is where I get hung up. I get an error that I thought was related to ROM manager not having the correct permissions. I went to update my supersu and give it the correct permissions, but I decided I wanted to change to Superuser and uninstalled supersu. I have now having an error where I can not download anything from he play store because my memory is full. When I check my memory it does not add up. I have 12gb of space and a I am using roughly 4 gb of that. If anyone knows of a way that I can fix the issue so that I can update my CWM and flash a new ROM it will be greatly appreciated!

Guynan

May 24, 2013
Auckland
Did you have the same error before changing your root managing app? You went from superuser to supersu

Sent from my ST18i

Guynan

May 24, 2013
Auckland
I tried to change from supersu to superuser and I can't download superuser because it says my memory is full.

That is really confusing. When it says wrong permissions, it won't mean the root managing app has the wrong permissions, it means that the system has wrong permissions somewhere. This cannot be fixed through Supersu or Superuser. If you can still go into recovery, go into advanced, and then 'fix permissions' and that should fix issues if that is what it pertains to.

Because Android it is based off a Linux kernel, it is very picky with the permissions you give it. Too little and it doesn't work. Too much, and it doesn't work.

Let me know how you go.

eviltweak

Dec 21, 2012
I don't think I explained this very well in my first post. My issue lies when I try to flash the new version of cwm. I get this screen.

I went into recovery and advanced and I don't have an option that is fix permissions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-05-13-23-53.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-05-13-23-53.png
    165.8 KB · Views: 16

Guynan

May 24, 2013
Auckland
So you do have a current working recovery? Okay then advanced>Fix Permissions, at the bottom. If it isn't there, it might be the stock recovery included by Samsung. What is wrong with your current recovery? I can't seem to figure it out sorry.

eviltweak

Dec 21, 2012
So you do have a current working recovery? Okay then advanced>Fix Permissions, at the bottom. If it isn't there, it might be the stock recovery included by Samsung. What is wrong with your current recovery? I can't seem to figure it out sorry.

I am running CMW 6.0.3.7. When I go to advanced all that I see is Reboot recovery, Reboot to bootloader, Power Off, Wipe Dalvik Cache, Report Error, Key Test, Show Log, *******Go back*******.

My recovery works, its just not up to date so when I go to flash a new ROM I get a status 7 error. I have had this issue before and I fixed it by updating my recovery. BUT this time when I go to flash an updated version of CWM I get the screen that I posted above.

Guynan

May 24, 2013
Auckland
the status seven error is usually to do with the updater-script. So make sure the ROM you want to flash is for your device, if it isn't (which may be why you have run into issues) don't flash it. But if you are sure it is, go into the ROM, META-INF>Android>Google>Updater-script (the android and google may be the other way round, it won't take you long to find it) And then open the updater script in a text editing program and remove the first few lines of stuff. It will have the words "assert" "getprop" and looks different to the rest, so just delete that section, and rezip if you have to, and try reflashing. But if that doesn't work and the issues are becoming intrusive, a full reset might be in order.