[Q]Rooting/S-Off Issue

Search This thread

kingtwothree

Apr 26, 2014
I did my best and researched as much as I possibly could before having to ask because I am aware that this question is asked repeatedly. I just cant seem to figure out what the issue is.

Ive been trying to root my HTC One Max for the last week + with no success whatsoever. When restarting to bootloader menu (Vol Down and Start). It says my OS is 2.16.xxx. I did a factory reset just to make sure everything was like it was when I got it. Being a verizon HTC I assumed there would be problems but Ive exhausted everything my knowledge is capable of, which is limited. I unistalled drivers, reinstalled, trying different ones. Windows 8.1 is annoying with it but I got the drivers to work. I uninstalled HTC Sync, and ran rum runner. I tried them all, doing a factory reset in between all of them to make sure that when I was trying a different one it was from scratch. I turned off the AV, turned it back on. Tried it every which way.

Are these newer OS's not compatible with rumrunner?
Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do?
It would be appreciated immensely. Its such a great phone, I really wanna root and learn more about it. Im also taking java in school at the moment so if I have to do something going in that direction I will try..

Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

The rumrunner process has gotten as far as "chilling....." Then it says there was an unexpected action, and to install another ROM. Its driving me mad. The last rumrunner i tried was rumrunner_t6wl_1.11.605.4

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
You are in the wrong forum. This forum is for the HTC One (m7), not the One Max. Look in to weaksause to get temp root and firewater to get s-off. Not positive, but i believe they should work on the max.