[Q] Need help installing clockwork recover on my Atrix HD MB886

Search This thread

riekkir

May 7, 2014
Hello XDA members,

I was hoping somebody would help me out, I'm fairly new when it comes to installing custom roms so I require your patience. I don't know how to install a custom rom onto my Bell Atrix HD MB886, everytime I try it says abortion failed, what can I do to fix this. I have wiped data and all that probably 5 times in the past week alone. I would like to know how to successfully install roms without errors. Both the times that I have done this I had my bootloader unlocked, and I had clockword recovery mod latest version 6.0.4.4. I bought an SD card today to help install the roms because otherwise I can't do it from my internal storage. I really hope somebody can help me out. :)

Regards,
Roger

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Hello XDA members,

I was hoping somebody would help me out, I'm fairly new when it comes to installing custom roms so I require your patience. I don't know how to install a custom rom onto my Bell Atrix HD MB886, everytime I try it says abortion failed, what can I do to fix this. I have wiped data and all that probably 5 times in the past week alone. I would like to know how to successfully install roms without errors. Both the times that I have done this I had my bootloader unlocked, and I had clockword recovery mod latest version 6.0.4.4. I bought an SD card today to help install the roms because otherwise I can't do it from my internal storage. I really hope somebody can help me out. :)

Regards,
Roger

Hi there. A failed abortion certainly seems like an issue... ;) I guess I am not totally clear on the status here. You say that you had CWM. Do you still have it? Bootloader is still unlocked? What rom are you trying to install? Are you certain it's for the Bell version and not like the AT&T one? What is the exact error message?

Reactions: Galaxysm

riekkir

May 7, 2014
Hi there. A failed abortion certainly seems like an issue... ;) I guess I am not totally clear on the status here. You say that you had CWM. Do you still have it? Bootloader is still unlocked? What rom are you trying to install? Are you certain it's for the Bell version and not like the AT&T one? What is the exact error message?

No I don't have it atm as I just wiped the data/cache last night but will I already have CWM, I just need to unlock the bootloader and try again...I'm trying to install this one:

Android 4.4.2 KitKat Mokee Rom, and it says the version is a nightly. Yes I'm positive it's the Bell Version as I purchased it at a Bell Store and my carrier is Bell. The error message is "Installation Aborted." It begins installing, and then halfway through I get that error message. How do I fix this?

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
I figured you knew what phone you had. I was wondering if you had a rom built for the Bell version vs an ATT one. But since you are using a CM based rom, it obviously doesn't matter. Curious as to why you are bothering with relocking the bootloader? But I suggest to either try a different version of the rom, or to change your recovery to one of the Philz Touch versions as that's what some of the other users in that thread for the rom for your phone were using. You can find them here:

http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/moto_msm8960

riekkir

May 7, 2014
I figured you knew what phone you had. I was wondering if you had a rom built for the Bell version vs an ATT one. But since you are using a CM based rom, it obviously doesn't matter. Curious as to why you are bothering with relocking the bootloader? But I suggest to either try a different version of the rom, or to change your recovery to one of the Philz Touch versions as that's what some of the other users in that thread for the rom for your phone were using. You can find them here:

No I was bothering to unlock it again, not lock it. Where can I find different versions for the 4.4.2 Mokee Rom? I've tried using the Philz Touch version: Motorola Atrix HD One Click Philz recovery installer and when I tried it a couple of times it said it failed to install although I'm not sure why. I came across these images the other day but how do I use the .img files on my device, as I'm not sure to proceed from here once I have them downloaded.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
No I was bothering to unlock it again, not lock it. Where can I find different versions for the 4.4.2 Mokee Rom? I've tried using the Philz Touch version: Motorola Atrix HD One Click Philz recovery installer and when I tried it a couple of times it said it failed to install although I'm not sure why. I came across these images the other day but how do I use the .img files on my device, as I'm not sure to proceed from here once I have them downloaded.

I was curious as why you relocked it in the first place.

Where are you getting Mokee from that doesn't have a link to their Downloads?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2619489

For installing recovery:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2262726

riekkir

May 7, 2014
I was curious as why you relocked it in the first place.

Where are you getting Mokee from that doesn't have a link to their Downloads?

For installing recovery:

thanks will try this out and let you know later how it works! :) I download the custom rom from true android blogspot.ca (can't post links just yet, annoying).

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Odd. I just downloaded it to test and I didn't have any issues. If you can't get the actual application / exe file to open, then just use the Main-Skip.bat. Does the same thing.

If it doesn't open still, make sure that you have your anti-virus off as sometimes those interfere with programs like this. Might also try as admin.

Last edited:

riekkir

May 7, 2014
Odd. I just downloaded it to test and I didn't have any issues. If you can't get the actual application / exe file to open, then just use the Main-Skip.bat. Does the same thing.

If it doesn't open still, make sure that you have your anti-virus off as sometimes those interfere with programs like this. Might also try as admin.

Okay I wasn't looking at the actual .exe sorry, I got it to work and all I installed the Philz One Touch Recovery from that program, just downloaded a different rom and all and then I select the apply update from external storage and when it gets to the verifying update package, it gave me the same error message as yesterday, Installation Aborted.

So again, how do I fix this, am I doing something wrong? Why won't my custom rom install?

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Okay I wasn't looking at the actual .exe sorry, I got it to work and all I installed the Philz One Touch Recovery from that program, just downloaded a different rom and all and then I select the apply update from external storage and when it gets to the verifying update package, it gave me the same error message as yesterday, Installation Aborted.

So again, how do I fix this, am I doing something wrong? Why won't my custom rom install?

I don't think that is the most updated version. What's the version number of the recovery that was installed? It should be listed on the main page of it when you boot there. I was suggesting to use one of the new ones. It might have something to do with the SELinux support that KK roms need. You just have to put the img file in the tools folder and rename the new one the same. But here's no other error that shows up other than Installation Aborted? I was thinking usually it would have an error code or some other message.Have you checked the md5 of the rom zip to make sure it's not corrupted (if the dev provided it)?

riekkir

May 7, 2014
I don't think that is the most updated version. What's the version number of the recovery that was installed? It should be listed on the main page of it when you boot there. I was suggesting to use one of the new ones. It might have something to do with the SELinux support that KK roms need. You just have to put the img file in the tools folder and rename the new one the same. But here's no other error that shows up other than Installation Aborted? I was thinking usually it would have an error code or some other message.Have you checked the md5 of the rom zip to make sure it's not corrupted (if the dev provided it)?

Use one of the new versions of that program or to use the latest CWM which I have been. Okay I really don't know how to do that and where to move it to, how do I do such a thing? No it just says Installation Aborted... How would I do that? And yes I downloaded the new rom directly from his site.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Use one of the new versions of that program or to use the latest CWM which I have been. Okay I really don't know how to do that and where to move it to, how do I do such a thing? No it just says Installation Aborted... How would I do that? And yes I downloaded the new rom directly from his site.

Look in the tools folder of the zip you downloaded. Download the newest Philz Touch img from the other link from earlier. Rename it to replace the one in the tools folder. Redo the recovery install. But you didn't say what version you already have.

riekkir

May 7, 2014
Look in the tools folder of the zip you downloaded. Download the newest Philz Touch img from the other link from earlier. Rename it to replace the one in the tools folder. Redo the recovery install. But you didn't say what version you already have.

Okay that did the trick, properly got philz recovery installed, did the install again, this time it worked, clicked reboot and now it's stuck at the Dual Core bootlogo screen :(

riekkir

May 7, 2014
Pop the battery out for a bit, then pop it back in and hold Volume Down while powering up. Should get you into fastboot where you can skip to the recovery.

The battery doesn't come out of my phone as you can't take the back off. I got into fast boot easily them selected recovery and nothing happened, I think my phone is screwed :(

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
The battery doesn't come out of my phone as you can't take the back off. I got into fast boot easily them selected recovery and nothing happened, I think my phone is screwed :(

Oh yea, forgot you have to undo the screws on the bottom. So you scroll down to hit recovery and use the Power button to select and it doesn't do anything? That's odd.. Try and reflash the recovery since you can still get to fastboot. If that doesn't work, you're not totally screwed since you can still get to fastboot, that means you should be able to restore it to stock and start over.

Alternatively, if you have fastboot set up, you could make sure that philz touch is in the fastboot folder and use this command:

fastboot boot recovery nameofphilztouchfile.img

If you don't have fastboot, then just grab this one: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317790 , drop the recovery img in that folder and open the CMD prompt on your computer and change directories to it and run the command.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA members,

Regards,
    Roger