HOW TO:(Coming Soon) Flash A HTC Droid Incredible 2 To Cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
T

timinator94

I am going to try and flash a htc Incredible 2 to cricket. I expect to get the phone within a week. Stay tuned!:D
UPDATE! Got Talk+text working by changing settings and prl to cricket using qpst. Working on data stay tuned!

Last edited:
T

timinator94

Dangit:D Oh well. Ill finish the write up so people can do it themselves. I need to work faster. Next challenge is the nexus s 4g:cool: Of course im low on monies after the inc 2 but I will see what I can do

webuyohio

May 9, 2011
Nexus S 4g Sprint

I have the drivers on my computer, but the phone will not show up on any com port. what do I need to do to get the Nexus S to show on an com port so I can use CDMA workshop

WARpig5

Feb 19, 2008
So has anybody had luck in fully flashing the DINC2 to cricket? I have talk and text but when I try to change settings in either cdma workshop or QPST they don't stick. How can I fix that?

GDEMI

Mar 16, 2008
Incredible 2 to Cricket w everything working

I just did a Dinc 2 to Cricket, Using the standard Verizon Software (Android 2.2.1),
Once the PST settings where right, I got 3G & WAP/Market & incoming MMS.

I used QPST & ##778# to program the pst and had no problem with the settings reverting to VZW except of course if you do *228 (will wipe many cricket settings)

Note: while most PSt settings for Cricket are documented by referring to the HTC 6800 PST setup, there are some additional settings necessary to get 3G. I have provided those below.

I Had to update the apn with following to get outgoing MMS.
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<apns count="1">
<apn name="CDMA-MMS" numeric="46605" mcc="466" mnc="05" apn="mms" user="Your10Digit#@mycricket.com" server="NA" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php" type="mms" />
</apns>

PST Settiings: for the HTC Incredible 2
Modem Settings
Preferred Serving System: Home ONly? (probably not necessary)
Preferred Mode: CDMA HDR Only (can not change)
HDR Hybrid Preferred : Enabke
Clear All MRU Entry : No
Rev A: Enable
1X Diversity: Disable

M.IP settings
MIP Mode: Simpte IP only or Mobile w/ simple fallback

Mobile Mode HA Auth Auth : Disable
Send A reg Req only in use : Enable
Dormant Handoff Optim: Disable

mr_wrong_0

Dec 8, 2008
Colorado
Dangit:D Oh well. Ill finish the write up so people can do it themselves. I need to work faster. Next challenge is the nexus s 4g:cool: Of course im low on monies after the inc 2 but I will see what I can do

Hey bro I'd be interested in a write up on how to flash to cricket. I can get root but I'd like to put this phone onto cricket. Any help?

fredrick1213

Feb 26, 2011
I have my Droid Incredible 2 fully flashed to Cricket right now!:D I actually did it the day before Christmas when I received it

GDEMI

Mar 16, 2008
What is missing in guide for Incredible 2 to Cricket??

Me too., Has anyone a guide on this that is 100% working?

I have mine fully flash beside mms

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium

I just did a Dinc 2 to Cricket, Using the standard Verizon Software (Android 2.2.1),
Once the PST settings where right, I got 3G & WAP/Market & incoming MMS.

I used QPST & ##778# to program the pst and had no problem with the settings reverting to VZW except of course if you do *228 (will wipe many cricket settings)

Note: while most PSt settings for Cricket are documented by referring to the HTC 6800 PST setup, there are some additional settings necessary to get 3G. I have provided those below.

I Had to update the apn with following to get outgoing MMS.
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<apns count="1">
<apn name="CDMA-MMS" numeric="46605" mcc="466" mnc="05" apn="mms" user="Your10Digit#@mycricket.com" server="NA" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php" type="mms" />
</apns>

PST Settiings: for the HTC Incredible 2
Modem Settings
Preferred Serving System: Home ONly? (probably not necessary)
Preferred Mode: CDMA HDR Only (can not change)
HDR Hybrid Preferred : Enabke
Clear All MRU Entry : No
Rev A: Enable
1X Diversity: Disable

M.IP settings
MIP Mode: Simpte IP only or Mobile w/ simple fallback

Mobile Mode HA Auth Auth : Disable
Send A reg Req only in use : Enable
Dormant Handoff Optim: Disable

We have two people asking for guides on how to flash the Dinc 2 to Cricket, yet I believe my solution (above) provides the complete answer (other than how to use/ install Qpst and the original 6800 Cricket PST settings.

The cricket 6800 PST settings can be found on numerous forums, I believe they where originally written by Ryan mogul, you can find them on this forum at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=492824

I would think that anybody who has flashed a few Qualcomm chipeset based phones could extrapolate and interpolate and minor differences between QPST/##778 on those two phones.

Please let me know what is unclear and I will add it to my advice.

And Thanks for everybodys help.

Status
Not open for further replies.