[App]ICS Camera

Search This thread

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
I was browsing the LG Nitro HD forum this morning and in one of the threads somebody mentioned this app so I checked it out and am digging it so I thought I'd share.

The app is called Camera ICS, according to the developer it's an improved version of the official camera app in ICS.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5tb2JseW54LmNhbWVyYWljcyJd

Features

- Color effects (mono,sepia,negative,...)
- Silent mode (no shutter sound, might not work on some devices)
- Picture quality setting (low/medium/high/ultra)
- Video bitrate selection (normal/2x)
- Video stabilization on/off (only 4.0)
- 720p face effects (only 4.0)
- Panorama mode and time-lapse video on Honeycomb tablets

It's not a perfect camera app but for some of us it's perfect for our use. Like me. If I want or need something better then I'll bust out my DSLR. I like it and now use it as my daily camera app. I've done very little testing...taken some pics with this app compared to stock app, recorded a quick video with both and here's my opinion so far:

Faster focus
Better video recording
Less time between shots
Fewer options
No full screen viewfinder
Have to double tap pics to view them full screen

But other than that, it's lovely and fits perfectly with my ICS themed phone.

Reactions: chris.l.naish

DarkJatrix

Jan 19, 2012
Trying now :D

Edit: LOVING THiS CAMERA....try it out

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Last edited:

DarkJatrix

Jan 19, 2012
Just wish we could set it up to open with our camera button....only minor annoyance

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
Not gonna lie bro....when u said this I tested it on mine and my previous camera app opened (zoomfx). I closed that then opened ics camera, closed that then pressed the camera button again and ics camera opened up. Not sure why but no complaints.

**Edit**
Tested again, stock camera app came up but fc'd and the ics camera immediately came up. I went to manage apps and cleared data for the stock camera app, froze the stock camera app, now its all good.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

Last edited:

DarkJatrix

Jan 19, 2012
Not gonna lie bro....when u said this I tested it on mine and my previous camera app opened (zoomfx). I closed that then opened ics camera, closed that then pressed the camera button again and ics camera opened up. Not sure why but no complaints.

I believe u....its probably user error....i still love it tho

Sent from my Atrix 2 using XDA Premium App. :D. Hit thanks if I surprisingly help you.

cogeary

Dec 5, 2011
New Orleans
I like it, however
-Wish it could take widescreen pictures/video
-Wish it had drag/tap to focus functionality

Thanks for the heads-up!

Last edited:

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
I like it, however
-Wish it could take widescreen pictures/video
-Wish it had drag/tap to zoom functionality

Thanks for the heads-up!

It does take widescreen pics and video, it just looks like it doesnt when viewed in the gallery. It also has drag to zoom via slider on the screen and u can also use the volume buttons for zoom too.

cogeary

Dec 5, 2011
New Orleans
It does take widescreen pics and video, it just looks like it doesnt when viewed in the gallery. It also has drag to zoom via slider on the screen and u can also use the volume buttons for zoom too.

OK, thanks for the clarifications about widescreen.

Sorry, I meant to say "drag/tap to focus" :eek:

Chrisruns

Feb 23, 2012
I tried this a few weeks ago and thought it was awful. The stock 2.3.6 is much better than ZOOMfx or this ICS one.

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
I tried this a few weeks ago and thought it was awful. The stock 2.3.6 is much better than ZOOMfx or this ICS one.
Thats the lovely thing about the Market, u have plenty to choose from. We all have different needs/expectations so its nice to have options......I have used stock, CameraZoomFX, Camera360.....I prefer ICS Camera for its faster focus, better quality pics and overall speed. It's also not bloated with a bunch of features I don't need so for me its perfect.

cogeary

Dec 5, 2011
New Orleans
Yes sir....it doesn't have drag to focus but does have tap to focus....tap the shutter button, it'll focus and take the pic. And it focuses quick too.

Ah, there it is :eek:. And right you are, it focuses very quickly.

I think this could be my default camera. Panoramic mode is flawless, and although it has ads... well, that's why we have a hosts file :). There's only one more thing that bothers me - barely any integration with the default gallery. I think that the default gallery is actually quite functional and has a bunch of settings that are lost when using this app.

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011

I think this could be my default camera. Panoramic mode is flawless, and although it has ads... well, that's why we have a hosts file :). There's only one more thing that bothers me - barely any integration with the default gallery. I think that the default gallery is actually quite functional and has a bunch of settings that are lost when using this app.
I was blown away at how fast and acurrate the focus is, very impressive. I ditched the stock gallery long ago, been using QuickPic and absolutely love it....and the recent ICS UI update to it is pretty nice too.

Reactions: zeph_syk

zeph_syk

Mar 10, 2012
I was blown away at how fast and acurrate the focus is, very impressive. I ditched the stock gallery long ago, been using QuickPic and absolutely love it....and the recent ICS UI update to it is pretty nice too.

Tried QuickPic its amazing! and camera ICS as well! Thankz..

cogeary

Dec 5, 2011
New Orleans
QuickPick is indeed great.

I actually think that, while ICS Camera is definitely better than the stock 2.3.4 camera, the improvements with the 2.3.6 camera outdo it. With the stock camera it focuses very quickly especially in low light, and although the theme isn't as pleasant on the eyes it is more configurable. Additionally, the video recording capabilities of ICS Camera are very limited. If you take a video in portrait, it is skewed, stretched, and cropped to be in landscape. Also since I'm on 2.3.6 and I haven't edited my hosts file the camera's ads are pretty annoying.

Just my opinion but I'm sticking with stock.

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
QuickPick is indeed great.

I actually think that, while ICS Camera is definitely better than the stock 2.3.4 camera, the improvements with the 2.3.6 camera outdo it. With the stock camera it focuses very quickly especially in low light, and although the theme isn't as pleasant on the eyes it is more configurable. Additionally, the video recording capabilities of ICS Camera are very limited. If you take a video in portrait, it is skewed, stretched, and cropped to be in landscape. Also since I'm on 2.3.6 and I haven't edited my hosts file the camera's ads are pretty annoying.

Just my opinion but I'm sticking with stock.
All very good points. This app isn't for everybody, it all depends what your needs are. For me, it's perfect and is now my daily camera app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Press the shutter button on the screen???

Not sure why so many are opposed to that, but that being said, maybe you guys should contact the dev and let him know you'd like to see this feature in the app

Because sometimes you ask people to take pictures for you and they will press the hard button and then you are stuck with an out of focus picture and you don't want to be that jerk who asks them to take the picture again lol :-D

Sent from my Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 with Verizon 4G LTE
    I was browsing the LG Nitro HD forum this morning and in one of the threads somebody mentioned this app so I checked it out and am digging it so I thought I'd share.

The app is called Camera ICS, according to the developer it's an improved version of the official camera app in ICS.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5tb2JseW54LmNhbWVyYWljcyJd

Features

- Color effects (mono,sepia,negative,...)
    - Silent mode (no shutter sound, might not work on some devices)
    - Picture quality setting (low/medium/high/ultra)
    - Video bitrate selection (normal/2x)
    - Video stabilization on/off (only 4.0)
    - 720p face effects (only 4.0)
    - Panorama mode and time-lapse video on Honeycomb tablets

It's not a perfect camera app but for some of us it's perfect for our use. Like me. If I want or need something better then I'll bust out my DSLR. I like it and now use it as my daily camera app. I've done very little testing...taken some pics with this app compared to stock app, recorded a quick video with both and here's my opinion so far:

Faster focus
    Better video recording
    Less time between shots
    Fewer options
    No full screen viewfinder
    Have to double tap pics to view them full screen

But other than that, it's lovely and fits perfectly with my ICS themed phone.

I'm with you guys I was just about to make this my camera of choice till the hard button focus issue.... lets pretend I want to fix it how would I do it?
    I tend to shake the camera when I'm taking a picture with the on screen shutter button no other reason...

Yea when i use the hard key i feel like i can grip it tighter

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5