Votes: 29 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
The G1 Oracle

Some of us decided to start a new thread like Royalknight6190's ROM Bible, because that hasn't been updated since Feb. 2011. However, as demkantor pointed out, the ROM Bible is pretty up to date up until Froyo, so there's not much point just reposting stuff. Therefore, although I have gone down as far as Eclair, I've only added new, relevant ROMs. Please PM me if I have missed out a ROM, this needs to be kept up-to-date

Credits: Don't know how we're gonna sort credits out, over the years there'll be tonnes of people we want to thank!

GUIDES:

RECOVERIES:

KERNELS:

Ice Cream Sandwich

Gingerbread

Froyo

ROMS:

Firstly, I think here is a good place to mention that there is, surprisingly, a form of non-android development for the G1 in the form of Firefox OS / Boot2Gecko, provided by Infinimit... for info, take a look at Project Lizard

Jelly Bean

Ice Cream Sandwich

CyanogenMod 9

Gingerbread

AOSP Based

CyanogenMod 7 Based

MIUI

Froyo

AOSP Based

Eclair | Android v2.1

Sense 2.0

Other

Servers

Last edited:

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Oops, didn't mean to thanks, but I'm sure you deserve it anyway frankdrey!
Yeah I wish we had gotten more done with that site, but o well, I guess we were both just too busy.
I was thinking maybe we could make some addition to the xda wiki? Don't know how well that would work but...
Anyway htcdreamon is going to speak with a mod and see if we can clean up this thread, add a spot or two for each of us in the begining and we each be resposible to add info, I'm sure if you want in to it could be done

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
Don't worry about it

Damn, im sorry, maybe we can find a mod that can delete that for us.

Oh no, really, doesn't matter at all, I'm trying to get a mod to give demkantor a post under the OP anyway, so we can move stuff around then.

On a general note to everyone, do people want versions of Android in ascending or descending order? i.e. ascending (from cupcake through to Jelly bean) or descending (from Jelly bean down to cupcake)?

Last edited:

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
I say newest first, as people probably want to see what's newest right away. Also the older stuff is all linked in the rom bible

Reactions: HTCDreamOn

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Looks like I got some left!
the rom bible is realy complete up to early 2011 or so, since then most roms have been froyo and up, actualy the rom bible probably has everything ecliar and older so if we start with the latest people can have the all in one place for roms that have never been listed before. As we get time we can link it all!

mikef

Retired Senior Moderator
OK, stickied this one. Need to get one of the admins to resolve an issue with the second post, copied the first post like normal to make a second one but for some reason the system is swapping them. Edit: Just read the rest of the thread and realized you ended up wanting a different arrangement there, sorry. OK, let me see if I can fix that up and put something by demkantor in the right place. Actually demkantor mentioned a cleanup as well there, so maybe consider what you want and then self report the thread and let us know.

Last edited:

arte444

Jun 10, 2010
I say newest first, as people probably want to see what's newest right away. Also the older stuff is all linked in the rom bible

Definitely!

It's hard to find the newest roms, not that there are many anymore. They tend to get buried by posts to old roms.

frankdrey

Dec 28, 2011
Maybe starting up that site again would be a good idea?
It'll be a lot more flexible than this :|

If you think so, we have two choices on how to do it:
1. phpbb (authorship will get awkward, since original devs arent around to post their roms)
2. html (will be the most flexible, but also most difficult :p)

and *sigh*
3. Me and my friend (a php coder) code a web platform for this specific purpose. This is by far the best way, but will take the most time and effort.

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
I see what you mean, this is proving difficult to make more widely editable. Also sorry for the gaps, I haven't had much time to work on this.

Reactions: frankdrey

tvall

Oct 10, 2010
Springfield
To clear up some info, the ezgb linaro kernel is built by me for cm9, and is just the ezgb 1.5.3 ics kernel built with linaro. I had further plans for it, but I've had very little free time recently.

The 1.5.3 kernel is built by me from anddisa's git without code changes. His code was just ezterrys latest kernel plus some patches needed on ics. I just compiled and posted.

Sent from my Evo V 4G using Tapatalk 2

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
RE: [INFO][REF][FRI, 31/05/13] The G1 Oracle

To clear up some info, the ezgb linaro kernel is built by me for cm9, and is just the ezgb 1.5.3 ics kernel built with linaro. I had further plans for it, but I've had very little free time recently.

The 1.5.3 kernel is built by me from anddisa's git without code changes. His code was just ezterrys latest kernel plus some patches needed on ics. I just compiled and posted.

Sent from my Evo V 4G using Tapatalk 2

Ahh thanks for info. The ezgb linaro doesn't boot for me by the way, so I always have to use the normal ezgb 1.5.3 for ICS, which works fine. 2078 radio.

EDIT: Did you delete the post where you had the download link for ezgblinaro? I couldn't find it anywhere apart from Banana4444's thread

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts