[Step By Step] GPS Fix (external ANTENNA) (pics attached)

Search This thread

hardyboy_samy

Nov 4, 2012
Alexandria
in this thread i will explain how to make external GPS antenna for our OP without epensice costs (it costs me less than a dollar :fingers-crossed:)

im not responsible for damaging your phone if u try to follow this !!!

Materials:
*screwdriver (i used 3mm but 1.5 mm is optimum) (i bought 2 screws flat and crossed for 0.5 $)
*a piece of copper wire about 10 - 12 cm and thin diameter (i used a wire of my old damaged mouse) (cost nothing)

Procedures:

1-take of the 7 screws at the back.

2-with a flat screw ..... at the top right sider (at mp3 jack) enter the screw and rotate slowly and carefully and the plastic back will open clip by clip. (try to be careful cuz of weak materials). (after taking off the back cover take care of volume rocker button and lock button as the may fall and lost!!!!!) (take the battery off to avoid short circuits)

3-locate the GPS antenna terminal at the plastic back and at the motherboard (ignor the ground terminal)

M9ryzI.jpg

0WUKUa.jpg

BPvyiD.jpg

4-at the plastic cover ...... put a piece of adhesive tape on antenna to be sure of its isolation

S3BQ5J.jpg

5-on the motherboard ....... put a piece of plastic adhesive tape on the marked area and pass the copper wire from the rubber piece as in the pic and make th wire get out at the area directly near the antenna (cuz it's opened at the back over)

AvtKmH.jpg

i1hEgW.jpg

Prc7CL.jpg

AEG6xE.jpg

yP84la.jpg

6-reture the buttons in place and the back cover and tight the screws

7-cover the metallic areas over the SIM card and SD card and screw median to the camera by plastic tape to prevent touching of wires.

oOUdLr.jpg

8-Now ............ u got the antenna :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: >>>>>>>>>>>>u can bend it behind the battery cover but it won't make reception better as u thought >>>>>>>> OR >>>>>>>>>>>>> when u need it just take off the battery cover and get it out !!!!

pMGZv6.jpg

Clhy00.jpg

2k4FWT.jpg

tp1ocX.jpg

halKUa.jpg

http://youtu.be/KJ60A2bt6Sw

Last edited:

Mar 29, 2013
looks nice and the snr is good, congratulations for your work and thanks for the tutorial.

jzak1083

Jul 16, 2012
Other side

Can I ask, is that same looking thing on the other side (at right side) antenna too? For what is that antenna?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    in this thread i will explain how to make external GPS antenna for our OP without epensice costs (it costs me less than a dollar :fingers-crossed:)

im not responsible for damaging your phone if u try to follow this !!!

Materials:
    *screwdriver (i used 3mm but 1.5 mm is optimum) (i bought 2 screws flat and crossed for 0.5 $)
    *a piece of copper wire about 10 - 12 cm and thin diameter (i used a wire of my old damaged mouse) (cost nothing)

Procedures:

1-take of the 7 screws at the back.

2-with a flat screw ..... at the top right sider (at mp3 jack) enter the screw and rotate slowly and carefully and the plastic back will open clip by clip. (try to be careful cuz of weak materials). (after taking off the back cover take care of volume rocker button and lock button as the may fall and lost!!!!!) (take the battery off to avoid short circuits)

3-locate the GPS antenna terminal at the plastic back and at the motherboard (ignor the ground terminal)

M9ryzI.jpg

0WUKUa.jpg

BPvyiD.jpg

4-at the plastic cover ...... put a piece of adhesive tape on antenna to be sure of its isolation

S3BQ5J.jpg

5-on the motherboard ....... put a piece of plastic adhesive tape on the marked area and pass the copper wire from the rubber piece as in the pic and make th wire get out at the area directly near the antenna (cuz it's opened at the back over)

AvtKmH.jpg

i1hEgW.jpg

Prc7CL.jpg

AEG6xE.jpg

yP84la.jpg

6-reture the buttons in place and the back cover and tight the screws

7-cover the metallic areas over the SIM card and SD card and screw median to the camera by plastic tape to prevent touching of wires.

oOUdLr.jpg

8-Now ............ u got the antenna :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: >>>>>>>>>>>>u can bend it behind the battery cover but it won't make reception better as u thought >>>>>>>> OR >>>>>>>>>>>>> when u need it just take off the battery cover and get it out !!!!

pMGZv6.jpg

Clhy00.jpg

2k4FWT.jpg

tp1ocX.jpg

halKUa.jpg

http://youtu.be/KJ60A2bt6Sw
    what "rom" you use ?

official ROM ICS of UAE >............ but im now using IZS with the same results

it's APEX launcher :D
    what "rom" you use ?

Most likely a custom ICS Rom. Probably IZS made by Huexxx.

Sent from my Sexy 7
    Can I ask, is that same looking thing on the other side (at right side) antenna too? For what is that antenna?
    Thanks

the antenna at the RT side (at Power button side) >>>>>>>>>>>> wifi/bluetooth antenna