[ROM][4.2.2|CM10.1] JellyBeer v4.1.4 [UNOFFICIAL][04Apr][DPI Groups][Discontinued]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

stratplayer

Nov 4, 2009
Bristol
blog.stratplayer.org
Well I've got 2 testing it already, but if I need anymore I will let you guys know...

I'm seriously humbled that so many want to test something new I'm doing.... Thanks guys ;)

Edit: Just to give you guys a teaser of what I've been working on

That looks awesome, I love how Android is so damn versatile... its hard to believe I ever sold my Galaxy S3 and got an iPhone 4S!! It was only 6 weeks long, I couldnt stand how dull the UI was, and how tiny the screen was. Along came the Note 2.... I will never stray from the path again

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
That looks awesome, I love how Android is so damn versatile... its hard to believe I ever sold my Galaxy S3 and got an iPhone 4S!! It was only 6 weeks long, I couldnt stand how dull the UI was, and how tiny the screen was. Along came the Note 2.... I will never stray from the path again

Glad to have you back on Android... hahaha

Also New JellyBeer is here

Its only an incremental update... just the update to android 4.2.1_r1.2

Also keep an eye out for the Newest Rom I've just done, It will be in Original Development... won't be long now ;)

Reactions: pctv007

Novek

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 19, 2008
Tønsberg
Re: [ROM][4.2.1|CM10.1] JellyBeer v3.56 [UNOFFICIAL][29 Jan][DPIGroups-LS Wallpaper]

Glad to have you back on Android... hahaha

Also New JellyBeer is here

Its only an incremental update... just the update to android 4.2.1_r1.2

Also keep an eye out for the Newest Rom I've just done, It will be in Original Development... won't be long now ;)

Upstream cm changes also?

Will the "new rom" be cm based also, and why bit just implement it in this one? Are there really a need for yet another rom? :p

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Upstream cm changes also?

Will the "new rom" be cm based also, and why bit just implement it in this one? Are there really a need for yet another rom? :p

The new rom is nothing to do with this rom, Its a completely different project... and no its not CM based its AOKP based as you will see when I release it. I just needed testers for the new rom, thats why its been mentioned in this thread

Yes all cm updates are included the the new JellyBeer

Edit: The new rom I've been working on is now up in original development... go here to find out what it is

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2141227

Last edited:
Reactions: pctv007

lexi1986

Sep 30, 2007
Zeist
Just love this rom :) great work. I have one question, how can I change the amount of icons on my launchdock. I only get 4 icons and 1 in the middle to go to all apps. Is it possible to set this to 7 icons?

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Re: [ROM][4.2.1|CM10.1] JellyBeer v3.56 [UNOFFICIAL][29 Jan][DPIGroups-LS Wallpaper]

Just love this rom :) great work. I have one question, how can I change the amount of icons on my launchdock. I only get 4 icons and 1 in the middle to go to all apps. Is it possible to set this to 7 icons?

It is possible but not in the standard launcher... Try Nova Launcher from playstore its possible with that ;)

Dan Law 001

Sep 3, 2012
Hello, I just have a little question for you guys before making my final decision to see if I try this ROM or not. In fact, when using this ROM, when your phone is off and you want to charge it without turning it on, will the phone stuck at the charging screen? I mean if it tries to load a battery charging animation but it never finishes it? In fact, I am currently using JellyBam Rom and I am living with this problem and this is the reason I want to switch to this one to see if the problem can be solved. Well, there's more detail here (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=37483244#post37483244). Thanks and just give me an answer since switching to a new rom is a big deal for me (you have to start everything from ground up again). Thanks again:D

yiannisthegreek

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
Hey Vertigo,

Just wanted to let you know that you have left the version number the same for your newest release (linked above) and the last most recent. Both are named v3.56.

Not sure if you did that on purpose or not but thought Id mention it.

Dan Law 001

Sep 3, 2012
Hello, and this is the image of the screen of post #408

Attachments

• IMG_20130129_235417.jpg
    IMG_20130129_235417.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 555

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
cool, gonna try this out bro :highfive:

quick question: on touchwiz roms I normally flash the int2ext mod to alow me to install large game files (gameloft,EA,..) to my memory card. How does that work on this rom? is it enabled by default or is there a mod required?

:D

I think someone else mentioned that they couldn't get it working on 4.2.1 earlier in this thread, to be honest I've not tried it myself, I will look into it though

Reactions: redhatx and pctv007

vtec303

Re: [ROM][4.2.1|CM10.1] JellyBeer v3.57 [UNOFFICIAL][13 Feb][DPIGroups-DPI Changer]

quick question: on touchwiz roms I normally flash the int2ext mod to alow me to install large game files (gameloft,EA,..) to my memory card. How does that work on this rom? is it enabled by default or is there a mod required?

try "gl to sd" from play store it transfers all game data from internal to external plus keeps all data to external, hope this helps.

Dan Law 001

Sep 3, 2012
Don't worry I won't be stopping development, I also have a soft spot for JellyBeer :p
As we hear in the news, Android 4.2.2 is out for the Nexus devices. So, will you plan to make a JellyBeer ROM update based on 4.2.2?

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

HaHa, since when I become a SENIOR MEMBER?

nitol

Sep 1, 2009
dhaka

i used to flash 11extsd2sd to use all data in extsd card and it works(with neak kernel).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LOGO800.png

ROMInfo.png

PLEASE NOTE THIS ROM IS NOW DISCONTINUED DUE TO THE FACT THAT THE OFFICIAL HAS NOW BEEN RELEASED

This ROM is an evolution of the JellyBeer ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note. So, if you own a GNote, you can test also JellyBeer for it.
    This ROM is CM10.1 based (Android 4.2.2)

Please Note that v4+ has been completely rebased and hasn't yet got all the features of v3.5+

[/COLOR][/B]
    Features
    In ROM settings:
    DPI app Groups
    3 different UI modes @ any DPI (phone, phablet and tablet)
    Set custom DPI (320 as default)
    Navigation bar
    Change navigation bar height
    Dual panel
    Custom carrier name
    Disable bootanimation
    Center clock in status bar
    Week day in the clock
    Custom bootanimation

Extra changes:
    Support for /data/local.prop
    Added ZipInstaller (Multi zip installer!!!)
    GooManager support
    CM tablet options activated when in TabletUI
    Remove all recent apps button
    And more...

Downloads and installation
    Download the Stable ROM from here
    Download the GApps from here,
    Copy the GApps to the SD
    Install the ROM and the GApps taking into account that:
    If you are already in JellyBeer, do a cache wipe and dalvik cache wipe
    If you come from any other ROM, do a wipe data
    Reboot

Bugs & Issues

All Same as Official CM10.1

Source code
    You can find it here.

Credits
    Personal thanks to benjamin.j.goodwin who has and is still helping me out a lot and is now teaching me stuff and is a total legend.
    Personal thanks to Shingers5, if he hadn't nagged in Sense days I wouldn't be doing this.
    Thanks to Beerbong too, without whom we wouldn't have my favourite ROM.
    Thanks to CyanogenMod team for CM10.1
    Thanks to AOKP team for the inspiration (and some code).
    Thanks to PA team for the inspiration (and some code).
    Please click their links to donate.
    Changelog
    Code:
    JellyBeer v4.14
    AOKP Navbar is back so that includes; Statusbar and Navbar transparency, Long press actions, Navrings, Navbar color, Last App was brought too, Changing icons on the fly, Navbar Button colours. 
    RAMbar in Recents
    Long press clear all in recents, clears cache.
    Bug fixes (superusers duplicates etc). 
    Latest CM10 merges inc. their PIE implementation.
    Some more stuff too ... check github

JellyBeer v4.1.0
    If you want a proper changelog it's probably worth checking out github but I will summarise below:
    CRT Animation Mode
    Customizable Quick Settings
    Center Clock is back... yay!!
    Many more....

JellyBeer v4.0.0 Beta 5
    If you want a proper changelog it's probably worth checking out github but I will summarise below:
    Per App Layout
    Clock Mods
    Notification Background
    Circle Battery Tweaks
    Wake up when device is plugged or no
    Fixed Hiding clock and it going from top of notifications
    CRT Off Animations
    Notification Behaviours
    Latest CM10.1 Merges
    and maybe more. 

JellyBeer 4.0.0
    All latest CM10.1 changes
    Updated to PA hybrid engine
    Overhaul of the settings

JellyBeer 3.57.1
    Latest CM10.1 changes
    Build updated to 4.2.2
    Removed Mutli-User
    Audio Recording Fixed

JellyBeer 3.57
    Latest CM10.1 changes
    Build updated to JOP40G

JellyBeer 3.56
    Latest CM10.1 changes
    SuperSU
    Bring Back Notification Background
    Add Wallpaper to Lockscreen
    Quick Pulldown Re-Enabled
    Removed LMT Launcher

JellyBeer 3.55
    All CM10.1 merges
    Added LMT Launcher ... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1330150
    Added Dark Version :D

JellyBeer 3.54
    All CM10.1 merges
    Added Pick any widget for Lockscreen
    Cleaned up systemui
    Added swipe to QS
    DPI Groups now working

Jellybeer 3.52
    Added Multi User
    All CM10.1 merges

Screens.png

Jelly1.png
    Jelly6.png
    Jelly7.png
    Jelly2.png
    Jelly3.png
    Jelly4.png
    Jelly5.png
    Right guys tested the new compile and autobrightness is working now... Yay!!!

Which is very strange... but hey it doesn't matter as long as it works now :victory:

So here it is JellyBeer 3.56

Once again sorry guys about the problems....
    Well Here it is guys

JellyBeer 3.57.1

Updated to 4.2.2
    Audio Recording should now be fixed...

And now ENJOY :D
    Fathomed it out.

Is this another dead rom where no one replys :(

I'm sorry I've not replied earlier, but I also have a family (3 daughters and a very understanding girlfriend lol) and I chose to spend some time with them instead of being sat at the computer. So no this is not another dead thread where no one answers, if you'd have even been bothered to read the few posts previous to your first one you'd have known that I spent quite a while trying to help someone out who had a problem.... Just because you're not answered straight away doesn't mean that you're not going to get answered.

P.S. Thanks Ben... ;)