The back of note 2 gets hot

Search This thread

mezo91

Dec 6, 2012
Cairo
When playing mc4 online the back of my phone was getting hot at the camera end is this normal should I continue playing with this heat or stop. Or there should be no heat and my phone is faulty

Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

lucian75

Oct 16, 2007
Same to my but when i recharge it..and is heat also on top of display...
Seems that is a issue of exynox processor

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

edwinpang

Nov 11, 2010
Heat is normal for android devices...

Even apple has a bit...

As long as it is bearably hot its fine

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

mezo91

Dec 6, 2012
Cairo
The screen too gets hot is that normal?

mezo91

Dec 6, 2012
Cairo
Also 22minutes of usage I mean playing mc4 drained 10% of the battery is that normal too? I was playing online. When I was playing local the 20 mins drained 5% how come.

bushako

Mar 16, 2007
Dubai
Yes it is completely normal. I play Need for speed most wanted for about a 1.5 ~ 2 hours and the battery drains almost completely after a full charge and gets hot at the top but it's expected. So don't worry be happy.

Sent from the rabbit hole.

note2grey

Nov 24, 2012
Playing hi end games always makes phone heat up

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

baoma760

Nov 27, 2011
When playing mc4 online the back of my phone was getting hot at the camera end is this normal should I continue playing with this heat or stop. Or there should be no heat and my phone is faulty

Thanks in advance

i think its normal wenn you play games or 3g surfing

HellRa1SeR

Dec 20, 2010
New Delhi
Also 22minutes of usage I mean playing mc4 drained 10% of the battery is that normal too? I was playing online. When I was playing local the 20 mins drained 5% how come.

While playing local its only your GPU/CPU that does the work, while online your radios are also working. Almost all parts of the phone are working. So its normal. Also if you are on a long call(~30mins-1hr) your phone may heat up in that case too.

abdo9119

Jan 15, 2013

Thanks in advance

I have the same issue but also my top of the screen became hot, are you face the same issue?

mezo91

Dec 6, 2012
Cairo
Regarding the heating problem I wanted to ask this, the back gets hot cuz there is no ventilation for the processor of the note 2. Now the question is I got me a back cover silicon from sides rubber on the back does this affect any small ventilation or heat transfer that was happening? I know it does affect cuz I feel a warmth on top but not hot as b4 bcuz of the back cover now. Does this affect or may reduce the performance of processor by time?

matzone

Jun 6, 2009
Regarding the heating problem I wanted to ask this, the back gets hot cuz there is no ventilation for the processor of the note 2. Now the question is I got me a back cover silicon from sides rubber on the back does this affect any small ventilation or heat transfer that was happening? I know it does affect cuz I feel a warmth on top but not hot as b4 bcuz of the back cover now. Does this affect or may reduce the performance of processor by time?

The phone has a quad core processor (lol) which is passive cooled. To make your answer and the story very short, you don't need to worry about how hot it gets.
On a side note, I had mine tested from full power till it went off, playing nfs and it got as hot as....imagine pouring hot water in a can to make a tea and let it cool for 5 minutes. You can barely keep it in you hands...well that's how hot my phone went and yes, I play nfs still daily for about 1 month now, still works like a charm.
Passive cooled BGA's (processors) can go much hotter than a normal cooled component. And if it reaches the extreme it should shut down itself, with another words, heat isn't your issue unless you play NFS for 5 hours directly under the australian 50% sun melting the phone:)

Reactions: mezo91

abdo9119

Jan 15, 2013
The phone has a quad core processor (lol) which is passive cooled. To make your answer and the story very short, you don't need to worry about how hot it gets.
On a side note, I had mine tested from full power till it went off, playing nfs and it got as hot as....imagine pouring hot water in a can to make a tea and let it cool for 5 minutes. You can barely keep it in you hands...well that's how hot my phone went and yes, I play nfs still daily for about 1 month now, still works like a charm.
Passive cooled BGA's (processors) can go much hotter than a normal cooled component. And if it reaches the extreme it should shut down itself, with another words, heat isn't your issue unless you play NFS for 5 hours directly under the australian 50% sun melting the phone:)

mmmmmmmmm does your screen getting hot also, because mine became hot after 10 mins of playing NFS or Asphalt especially its top half I´m afraid that will damage my screen :crying:

karlada

Aug 14, 2012
Beirut
totally normal

the exynos chip is located behind the camera ( top of phone -centered- ) so its normal the top back of the phone will heat and the top half of your screen...what do u expect from a processor with no fan? normal!

mezo91

Dec 6, 2012
Cairo
Well thanks I just wanted to be sure that's all.

jik saw

Mar 5, 2011
Baghdad
Cuz thats where the processor is and when u play hugh end game on a quad core thats what u get so heat is normal
And the screen gets hot too its cuz its made of glass so it gains heat from the processor
Its all just fine so dont worry :)

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Besides if every thing was not right the device will rebot it self automatically to prevent hardware breaking

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.