[Q] Upgrading to KitKat without AT&T Sim?

Search This thread

mrh4ck

Jul 25, 2012
I just got a D800, unlocked it and it works fine with my service provider. I was trying to do the update to get it to KitKat, as its currently on JB, but when I try it tells me im not registered to the network, obviously because I don't use AT&T. What are my options to get this to update to KitKat?

I would prefer to keep the phone as stock as possible, although I am not unfamiliar with rooting and flashing custom roms, but wouldnt mind removing the stupid bloatware that came with the phone.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Reactions: SuperSport

SuperSport

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
I've responded to your Private Message, but thought I'd repost the info here for anyone reading this in the future.

You can use my files HERE and follow the video tutorial to put Stock ATT KitKat on your phone. You do NOT need to be Rooted, nor do you need to have the ATT Sim installed, or be on the ATT Network. It will work wherever you are located in the world, provided you can download the LARGE files needed. Again, it will be STOCK ATT ROM, so you will need to figure out your network settings.

After installing this ROM, you can use ioroot to Root your device so you can remove the ATT bloatware if you prefer.

mrh4ck

Jul 25, 2012
I've responded to your Private Message, but thought I'd repost the info here for anyone reading this in the future.

You can use my files HERE and follow the video tutorial to put Stock ATT KitKat on your phone. You do NOT need to be Rooted, nor do you need to have the ATT Sim installed, or be on the ATT Network. It will work wherever you are located in the world, provided you can download the LARGE files needed. Again, it will be STOCK ATT ROM, so you will need to figure out your network settings.

After installing this ROM, you can use ioroot to Root your device so you can remove the ATT bloatware if you prefer.

Thanks for your help, worked like a charm!! :laugh:

Reactions: SuperSport

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got a D800, unlocked it and it works fine with my service provider. I was trying to do the update to get it to KitKat, as its currently on JB, but when I try it tells me im not registered to the network, obviously because I don't use AT&T. What are my options to get this to update to KitKat?

I would prefer to keep the phone as stock as possible, although I am not unfamiliar with rooting and flashing custom roms, but wouldnt mind removing the stupid bloatware that came with the phone.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Thanks for your help, worked like a charm!! :laugh: