[ROM] Ruby 1.1.4 Reports

Search This thread

mp3sum

Dec 14, 2008
Similar to my thread based around CM 6.1 progress and reports on the latest nightlies, I present what should become a telling collection of anecdotal evidence.

Ruby 1.1.4 was released and many users are very satisfied with its performance. As 1.1.1 now appears old hat, and its original thread is waning and reads like War and Peace, please refer to this post for future observations. What I would like to see is:

1. Bugs encountered that are repeatable only after a full wipe

2. Glowing reviews and/or recommendations for bits some users are unfamiliar with

3. Odd errors that perhaps we can assist with (ie. known fix)

4. Chatter about the upcoming release of Ruby 1.2 for the Inc

I look forward to any and all suggestions, input, feedback, and all around camradery. Also, keep the flames to yourself :)

Obligatory links:
Ruby 1.1.4
http://bit.ly/cpnBmJ

Google Apps Package
http://bit.ly/9Qztde

RIL update for 3g issues:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=796794

Themes specifically for 1.1.4:
http://m.droidforums.net/forum/cvpcs/87324-unofficial-ccrom-builds.html

Last edited:

mrchambo

Aug 27, 2009
Gulf Shores
Well, thanks for the opportunity...

I have been using Ruby 1.1.4 as my daily driver for the past two weeks or so and find it to be perfect for my use. Although I have strayed to check out the latest and greatest, HD, Z, Feather, etc. I always come back to Ruby.

Everything works. I've added the popular mods, i.e. signal fix, etc., removed some apps that I don't like or use and I'm really happy with Ruby overall. Looking forward to 1.2.

Can't say the same for some of the vanilla apps like mail and gallery, but there are suitable replacements for those available via the market.

My thanks to the Ruby crew...

jc

Fuzzy_Dunlop

May 10, 2010
A

Androidnite

I've been running 1.1.4 for a couple of days. I don't use Bluetooth very often, so I've only installed the RIL patch. Together with ADW Launcher I'm very happy with this ROM.

The only bug (or missing feature) I found is in regards to the Pattern lock. When I enable it, the unlock screen no longer shows up so I can't use the music controls. However, if I enable the PIN-base lock the unlock screen works just fine. In all Sense ROMs whenver I enable the Pattern lock the unlock (tabular) screen does not go away. I filed a bug at CC ROM's website. This seems like something trivial, so hopefully they'll get it in in the next release.

EDIT: You might want to add to the OP the url link for the RIL update, I've been using it and haven't experience any 3g issues.

Last edited:

gmichaelow

Aug 9, 2010
The only bug (or missing feature) I found is in regards to the Pattern lock. When I enable it, the unlock screen no longer shows up so I can't use the music controls. However, if I enable the PIN-base lock the unlock screen works just fine. In all Sense ROMs whenver I enable the Pattern lock the unlock (tabular) screen does not go away. I filed a bug at CC ROM's website. This seems like something trivial, so hopefully they'll get it in in the next release.

As far as I know, it's less of a missing feature than a feature in itself. CM, ShadowROM, all the AOSPs I've tried have that "feature."

However, I too am annoyed by it xD But it seems intentional.

dchavez

Jul 8, 2010
Been running ruby 1.1.4 with adrynalyne's battery_aosp kernel for the past week. No problems. Tried kingz aosp #2 kernel but it wasn't as stable. UV, no OC.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

dnoyeb

Nov 15, 2007
Auburn, AL
Nice to see my patch is still doing something for you guys. I wonder if they will ever release an official version again.
I almost feel like pulling down the code and compiling a version with the fixes in it...

s197

Jun 28, 2010
How is GPS working in this version? I don't know if it was the RIL or 1.1.1 but I noticed that the cell triangulation (ie. the blue circle that pops up when you first open maps) broke somewhere along the way. Pinpointing GPS would work but it was very slow (takes at least a minute or more).

At first I didn't mind the wait but I realized it caused a lot of apps that require your location (Poynt, Where, etc.) to stop working.

Odd thing is on a clean install GPS pinpointing would always be almost instant but subsequent to that it would get slower and slower. Curious if anyone else is encountering the same.

mikeymop

Aug 15, 2010
I have three questions about 1.1.4:

Does EMMC work on Ruby? I mean like in gallery and music. Itt works on Cyanogen but now Shadowrom or inc does. Thats the biggest determining factor of my using Ruby.

is it possible to get the black vanilla messenger from Cyanogen?

Also, the black bar theme that Ruby has, gives you the HTC battery icon, however I prefer the vanilla android battery. Is it possible to make a theme from the changes I made in Cyanogen?

Also if you want EMMC to mount on windows, this fix was posted I dont know if it works on ruby, if you're brave you can give it a try:
http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=2236

mapko11

Mar 20, 2010
Ok. So im a little confused on the bluetooth issue. Is there a link to the fix or no?

A

Androidnite

Can we use the Gapps zip from 1. 1. 1....
I would suggest using the one posted in the 1.1.4 download link. The op in that link also suggested to use only 1.1.4 themes...meaning that if the 1.1.1 you were using has not been ported over to 1.1.4 don't try to install it.
How is GPS working in this version? I don't know if it was the RIL or 1.1.1 but I noticed that the cell triangulation (ie. the blue circle that pops up when you first open maps) broke somewhere along the way. Pinpointing GPS would work but it was very slow (takes at least a minute or more).

At first I didn't mind the wait but I realized it caused a lot of apps that require your location (Poynt, Where, etc.) to stop working.

Odd thing is on a clean install GPS pinpointing would always be almost instant but subsequent to that it would get slower and slower. Curious if anyone else is encountering the same.
I've had the 1.1.4 (clean install) for 4-5 days, so hard to tell, but on Tuesday I used the GPS with Maps for about an hour and it worked great. I'll report in a few weeks if I ever use the GPS again.
I have three questions about 1.1.4:

Does EMMC work on Ruby? I mean like in gallery and music. Itt works on Cyanogen but now Shadowrom or inc does. Thats the biggest determining factor of my using Ruby.

is it possible to get the black vanilla messenger from Cyanogen?

Also, the black bar theme that Ruby has, gives you the HTC battery icon, however I prefer the vanilla android battery. Is it possible to make a theme from the changes I made in Cyanogen?

Also if you want EMMC to mount on windows, this fix was posted I dont know if it works on ruby, if you're brave you can give it a try:
http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=2236
EMMC works on Ruby. However, it seems that you can only mounted on a Mac, not on a PC. I connected the phone to my PC at work and it only recoginized the SD card. However, when I connected it to my Macbook it detected both EMMC and SD card.

By "black vanilla messager" you are referring to the Text Messaging app or the Google Talk? If you are talking about text messaging, there is a setting that allows you to change the background to black. In regards to the themes, I would suggest you stick with the themes made for 1.1.4 (as in the download link). If you want specific changes to the them the OP suggested contacting the created of the specif theme you are interested in.
Ok. So im a little confused on the bluetooth issue. Is there a link to the fix or no?

If you go to the url link that has the "RIL update" in the first post it has a link to another thread where you can download the Bluetooth fix. It is called "BT" something.

mikeymop

Aug 15, 2010
Okay thank you, for the info. Is Ruby more stable then Cyanogens stable release?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's not very nice. Ccroms guys put a lot of work into what they do. He's currently working on a release for multiple phones at once so sit tight. I'm sure the magic is about to happen.

i've been running a sense based rom since i got my incredible back in june, and i just installed this a few days ago. This two month old realease runs smoother and faster and has more customization options than anything currently out right now! i was gonna wait for a new release before switching roms, but man this one was definitely worth it. hopefully they do a new gingerbread release, i wouldnt mind doing a wipe and all that again:D only thing is, i kinda miss the htc dialer. and facebook contact sync is kinda sketchy, it only linked like three of mine

Go into your contacts that weren't linked, click edit contact and scroll down. If you see facebook info click on the facebook contact pic instead and click use this picture.

If there is not facebook info hit menu, join.
    You'll now see a list of suggestions from facebook where you can manually join facebook names. This is useful when your FB friend is a tard and added random symbols to their names or if they include a middle name or alternate spelling that isn't present in your contact list
    Did Ruby come with a kernel? How do I switch back from #18? The battery life on this is killing me.

--
    Sent from my D-Inc using XDA App

Here's the stock Ruby kernel :

http://db.tt/5SbvOyg
    i did some research a few days ago before installing, and as far as i could tell 1.1.5 is not a stable release but 1.1.4 is
    so is 1.1.4 a full stable release from CCROMS? It's not listed on their site/wiki and as far as I understand from reading this thread it's kinda like how CM has nightly builds, that is it's a test release. I Just want to make sure I am clear before I proceed, I suppose everyone says it's solid but I kinda prefer to lean more on the cautious side and would prefer to wait till it's official and labeled stable. Thanks for any clarification and/or guidance! :) Ruby is by far the best ROM I have used so far, tried all the others and they only lasted maybe a day installed, non were as good as Ruby, not that they were bad I just really like the plain vanilla Froyo without all the flashy colors and mods. good job! :)

1.1.4 is an unofficial release but a mighty fine one at that.