Accurate Battery Mod for JT's ICS Build 6 30 Jan 2012

Search This thread

AuroEdge

Dec 17, 2010
I've been wondering if it's just me or if the numbers are a pixel or two offset to the right?

kadin.zimmerman

Jan 9, 2011
What makes this accurate battery add on better than just downloading battery indicator from the market?? Just curious lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

sendan

Dec 24, 2009
Appleton
What makes this accurate battery add on better than just downloading battery indicator from the market?? Just curious lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

They're two entirely different things, gunner's mod is repackaging the framework-res.apk with an accurate battery mod, while that app doesn't do anything to the existing battery icon.

neozen21

Oct 11, 2010
Henderson, NV
Mike,

Can you tell me how you are decompiling the SystemUI.apk?
I'm using the latest APK_Manager and it's having problems.

You using manual java command?

Thanks..

neozen21

Oct 11, 2010
Henderson, NV
update your sdk and then copy adb and aapt to the other folder in your apk manager folder

Aaarg... Thanks for the quick response, but I've updated to the latest of everything, APK Tool (1.43), APK Manager, and the R16 of the Android SDK and copied the aapt.exe and the adb.exe (altough I'm not sure that's necessary) to the "other" directory.. and still can't decompile the damn SystemUI.apk !

Here is where I got the APK Tool: http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/
and the APK Manager: https://github.com/Danesh/ApkManager

Any ideas? I've decompiled plenty of framework-res.apks (and others) before and modded with no problems. Hmmm..

Thanks!

gunnermike

Dec 13, 2010
Crestview
Here is the pastebin to the log.txt from APK Manager:
http://pastebin.com/09gqusqM

Seems it can not decode some of the attribute values... hmm

Do I need to decompile with dependencies (10) or just decompile?

Thanks!

have you installed the framework and systmeui with apktool?

and it is nessiscarry to have the latest adb and aapt and apktool in the other folder.

Reactions: sendan

neozen21

Oct 11, 2010
Henderson, NV
have you installed the framework and systmeui with apktool?

and it is nessiscarry to have the latest adb and aapt and apktool in the other folder.

Hmm.. OK.. I'm trying to Google for more info..
I "installed" the Framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk by using "APKTool if" and it extracted a couple of .apks files. What do I do with those in APK Manager? Use them as dependencies?

Last edited:

sendan

Dec 24, 2009
Appleton
I "installed" the Framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk by using "APKTool if" and it extracted a couple of .apks files. What do I do with those in APK Manager? Use them as dependencies?

I think "use as dependency" does the same thing as the "apktool if framework-res.apk" command, which just extracts the apk somewhere in your user folder...but using that option in apk manager couldn't hurt!

But if that doesn't work try some different versions of aapt, that has solved some issues for me in the past.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: neozen21

neozen21

Oct 11, 2010
Henderson, NV
I think "use as dependency" does the same thing as the "apktool if framework-res.apk" command, which just extracts the apk somewhere in your user folder...but using that option in apk manager couldn't hurt!

But if that doesn't work try some different versions of aapt, that has solved some issues for me in the past.

Success! I was able to decompile the SystemUI.apk by using APKTool.
Somehow, I guess APKManager just can't do it. Will try to figure out why later when I have more time..

I'd rather use APKManager than APKTool, because APKManager is easier & faster.. no typing any command lines...

Well.. thanks a lot guys! I'll be making some battery mods (for myself, but may share them) later...

LOL.. now back to my day job... writing C# programs for Windows... aarg :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is just an accurate battery mod for JT's ICS build 6. Flash in cwm.

Download Acc Battery Mod
    Dont flash this unless you want to go to odinville. Thanks gunnermike........

Update: Hasty writing, sorry. I did three-finger recovery for ICS and I guess that doesnt quite work out properly. Not retesting to confirm but yea......

Oh tonu.. still can't seem to get things right with a phone you've had for how long now? and claimed to be working on countless roms for? lol
    updated for build 1
    op updated for build 6