[STOCK][ROOT][ODIN] SGSIII I9305 Prerooted firmware Odex/Deodex

Search This thread

A.S._id

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2010
I downloaded and installed the deodexed version but my system is still odexed. This is the file I flashed "CODE_I9305XXALI9_I9305TLAALI6_I9305XXALI9_ROOT_DEODEX.tar.md5"

Holy s...t! Please forgive me, one and the same image twice packed. Tonight repack and upload again.
Sorry...

Last edited:

singlecell83

Sep 12, 2012
No worries just wasn't sure if it was just me so thought might ask

Well this explains some of my problems. Lol.

Any chance there can be a zip file to deodex this? No biggie but i wont have odin access for a while.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium

Last edited:

A.S._id

Sep 21, 2010
OK guys, I'm sorry again, all repacked, all on the fair

So:
I9305XXALI9_I9305TLAALI6_I9305XXALI9_ROOT_DEODEX

rowver

Jul 11, 2008
Hi,

I noticed that when you flash with this ROM, the OTA firmware update doesn't work anymore. It says that the phone has been modified. I thought the count is not changed?

To test it, I downloaded the Singapore stock ROM from sammobile and flashed it on the phone via Odin. this worked fine, took rooting away and did allow for the OTA firmware update to check for latest updates. I flashed the ROM again and it shows the OTA firmware update option to be disallowed because phone was modified.

A.S._id

Sep 21, 2010
Hi,

I noticed that when you flash with this ROM, the OTA firmware update doesn't work anymore. It says that the phone has been modified. I thought the count is not changed?

To test it, I downloaded the Singapore stock ROM from sammobile and flashed it on the phone via Odin. this worked fine, took rooting away and did allow for the OTA firmware update to check for latest updates. I flashed the ROM again and it shows the OTA firmware update option to be disallowed because phone was modified.

Well, of course changed, firstly there Root, and secondly ota odex, so you can flash your OTA via mobile Odin, but only over odex!

rowver

Jul 11, 2008
Well, of course changed, firstly there Root, and secondly ota odex, so you can flash your OTA via mobile Odin, but only over odex!

Sorry for the ignorance. I rooted my Galaxy Note before using ODIN but when i try to update software OTA in the stock Samsung option it still allows me to check. Now with this Deodex version i am not able to even check for updates since it says its been modified.

Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated. Am I therefore never again able to get the OTA software/firmware updates from Samsung now that I have this ROM installed?

A.S._id

Sep 21, 2010
Sorry for the ignorance. I rooted my Galaxy Note before using ODIN but when i try to update software OTA in the stock Samsung option it still allows me to check. Now with this Deodex version i am not able to even check for updates since it says its been modified.

Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated. Am I therefore never again able to get the OTA software/firmware updates from Samsung now that I have this ROM installed?

Why? Back to return odex version of rom via odin, and use OTA...
But after OTA update, you lost a root...

Last edited:

rowver

Jul 11, 2008
Hi,

I tried reverting to the stock ROM via samMobile. Then I loaded ODEX version via ODIN. Unfortunately, I think the binary count has shifted since it again says "phone has been modified".

I am wondering if I am doing anything wrong? The ODEX version definitely gives me root access. However, the stock Samsung OTA update will not work any longer.

A.S._id

Sep 21, 2010
Hi,

I tried reverting to the stock ROM via samMobile. Then I loaded ODEX version via ODIN. Unfortunately, I think the binary count has shifted since it again says "phone has been modified".

I am wondering if I am doing anything wrong? The ODEX version definitely gives me root access. However, the stock Samsung OTA update will not work any longer.

If your custom counter show custom binary =1, system status - custom, you mast:
1. Back stock recovery
2. Reset counter binary via treangle away.
3. Flash stock firmware without root via pc odin.
4. If system status stand by custom, need wipe data/factory reset, it's back to return official status...
after this you can get official OTA from Samsung, if it you need...

JGS_

Oct 16, 2012
Very nice firmware! But what will happen if version 4.2 for example is released. Is it safe to just flash it with 4.2 or will I lose root ?

unibiggle

Sep 19, 2012
If your custom counter show custom binary =1, system status - custom, you mast:
1. Back stock recovery
2. Reset counter binary via treangle away.
3. Flash stock firmware without root via pc odin.
4. If system status stand by custom, need wipe data/factory reset, it's back to return official status...
after this you can get official OTA from Samsung, if it you need...

I couldn't get mine to say official after doing all of that. It still said custom. Is this because I was doing this after imei loss? If I was to do this now would it say official and in device status will it say normal instead of modified?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium

YOSEFE

Sep 12, 2006
UK
as i9000,
would you kindly consider doing up a stock/rooted lj7, taking out the carrier banner at boot?

Cheers mate.

Top Liked Posts