Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mputtr

Nov 12, 2008
California, USA
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
http://www.bitmore.co.uk/products/samsung-galaxy-s3-charging-kit

Is this legit, found after some google and it looks way better than what you guys have posted so far!

I'm a fan of being able to use a backcover of my choice rather than that modified one. It probably works fine though.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Can you point me to where I can buy the yijieneng one?

I heard that some members googled up their site and contacted them directly. I acquired my set via other means, so I don't know how well it works. AFAIK, the member who did this got their kit just fine, you just have to wait a few weeks due to it being shipped from china.

You can also get the energizer charging mat and just buy the receiver from them. up to you.

afipanic

Aug 28, 2010
Cincinnati
I'm a fan of being able to use a backcover of my choice rather than that modified one. It probably works fine though.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

I heard that some members googled up their site and contacted them directly. I acquired my set via other means, so I don't know how well it works. AFAIK, the member who did this got their kit just fine, you just have to wait a few weeks due to it being shipped from china.

You can also get the energizer charging mat and just buy the receiver from them. up to you.

Thanks, I'll give them a try directly.

mputtr

Nov 12, 2008
California, USA
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Verizon released their version which seems to work fine with all the SGS3 phones.
but they're interestingly always out of stock or really hard to find.

On the other hand, you can try out zens and directly contact the manufacturer to get it from them.
The transmitter pad are all compatible with each other as long as they're Qi. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
If it's Qi, it'll charge. If it says anything but Qi, it will not charge.

Reactions: hshshawn

axel06

Sep 10, 2010
Chappell Hill, Tx
Qi

Verizon released their version which seems to work fine with all the SGS3 phones.
but they're interestingly always out of stock or really hard to find.

On the other hand, you can try out zens and directly contact the manufacturer to get it from them.
The transmitter pad are all compatible with each other as long as they're Qi. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
If it's Qi, it'll charge. If it says anything but Qi, it will not charge.

That is not partially correct. There are at least 5 Chinese companies producing excellent Galaxy S3 Qi chargers and Qi receivers, but the Qi logo is not stamped on their parts. These are smaller (than Energizer/ Zens/ Etc.) companies that cannot afford (yet) to pay the US$20k + membership fee. However, they do confirm in their instructions/ advertising correctly as " Qi" compatible (which Powermat, Touchstone are not)

pdubcramp

Oct 4, 2010
New York
That is not partially correct. There are at least 5 Chinese companies producing excellent Galaxy S3 Qi chargers and Qi receivers, but the Qi logo is not stamped on their parts. These are smaller (than Energizer/ Zens/ Etc.) companies that cannot afford (yet) to pay the US$20k + membership fee. However, they do confirm in their instructions/ advertising correctly as " Qi" compatible (which Powermat, Touchstone are not)

And it violates XDA rules to link to said Chinese retailers?

mputtr

Nov 12, 2008
California, USA
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

unfortunately, I cannot speak for what I do not know. As far as the standard is concerned, if it has the logo that is approved, it is capable of working with all qi products. as for companies that can't register because they can't afford it.. that I do not know.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

axel06

Sep 10, 2010
Chappell Hill, Tx
Powermat is not Qi - Not Yet

The existing Powermat pads are NOT Qi compatible at this time, although they're talking about releasing a Qi pad later in 2013: From Powermat CEO Daniel Schreiber: "However, we will continue to drive our technology. So, when a Powermat device meets a Qi-compliant device, it will interoperate with that device in accordance with the Qi specifications. But the best user experience in terms of efficiency, reliability and ease-of-use will continue to be enjoyed when Powermat receivers are paired with Powermat mats"

Last edited by a moderator:

axel06

Sep 10, 2010
Chappell Hill, Tx
unfortunately, I cannot speak for what I do not know. As far as the standard is concerned, if it has the logo that is approved, it is capable of working with all qi products. as for companies that can't register because they can't afford it.. that I do not know.

Of course, you are absolutely correct with the Qi logo appearing it guarantees working with all other Qi products. When not, due to high membership fee, you just have to trust the smaller manufacturers statements. So far, I have had no problems.

mputtr

Nov 12, 2008
California, USA
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
The rules are as follow. Please stop causing more drama.
Powermat discussion is completely OT and should be left to its own appropriate thread.

This is also NOT a thread about powermat. So this is completely OT.
There were a couple of threads pop up about the Qi wireless charging. Unfortunately, they turned out to be members (not just one) just trying to sell their products. This will serve as an official discussion thread about the Qi Wireless Charging System for people with inquiries about it. You may post a review video if you have the system, but we will be watching closely. If we see that you are trying to run a business off of XDA's back, you will be infracted/banned for good. XDA is not a place to promote your business. Part 11 of the forum rules:

11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar/substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software, or commercial services. unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if the following conditions are met:
A) the site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership who actively maintains XDA-Developers' support thread(s) / posts, related to the download,
B) the site is a relatively small personal website without commercial advertising/links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)

So please keep this in mind while you discuss it. Have a good time guys!

Reactions: axel06

axel06

Sep 10, 2010
Chappell Hill, Tx
Perfect - nothing makes more sense than staying with Qi - and Qi only in this thread. We are losing too many wireless charging posts/ threads due to infractions and/ or false comments.I for one am not perfect, but I have since learned what and how to do it...and what not...

axel06

Sep 10, 2010
Chappell Hill, Tx
Personal Qi setup

Here photos how I have my personal Qi charging set up - and btw: Qi charger is connected via USB cable to Samsung's OEM wall plug!
I like it because it eliminates traveling with another bulky adapter/ converter.

Attachments

• qi_1.jpg
    qi_1.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 853
  • qi_2.JPG
    qi_2.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 875
  • qi_3.jpg
    qi_3.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 803
Reactions: pdubcramp

axel06

Sep 10, 2010
Chappell Hill, Tx
@Axel
That is a sweet setup man. Going to try to get that working for me!

Found the acrylic stand on ebay by searching for a cell phone stand, used a Dremmel to cut opening for USB cable plug and the cable easily slides out for travels...rest is history. It is perfectly aligned and does the Qi by just setting GS3 on stand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd like to start it off with a wireless charging kit I purchased that comes with a receiver and transmitter.
    The manufacturer is called Yijieneng.
    The receiver fits underneath the battery door with no modification required.
    From what I've noticed about it, it charges a little faster than USB but not as fast as an AC adapter. (according to the receiver, it charges at 700mAh)
    NFC works with this kit.
    As far as I've noticed, the range is about 4mm (from transmitter surface to battery case) for there to be a successful charge.
    The transmitter emits a small beep when it starts the charge. I've had it next to my bed for the past few weeks and I don't hear it when I sleep if it goes off. It does keep my phone at 100% in the morning.

At this time I'm also creating a custom dock that will put the phone up at an angle like a dock. I have finished the core part of it, but still waiting to finalize the ridge that will hold the phone. I'm waiting to get a certain bumper case before I create the final ridge.
    Here's a few pictures of the dock in its current form (it still needs to be sanded and have the surface reworked):
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4bcgiapslrawvcs/yIOWW5Fybz#/
    Here's a video of the kit that I shot showing how it works as well as NFC function.

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
    Charging range and case choices:
    is it possible to use Cases Such as Otterbox Commuter with the QI PAD? Does the signal transmit through?

Yes I am currently using the defender with the dual energizer pad nightly with no issues.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

* Ballistic SG Maxx Case as well as the Ballistic SG
    * UAG (Urban Armor Gear)

Are Qi products intercompatible?
    I bought a Nokia wireless charging plate uses Qi standards, I got it from Verizon Wireless online with my work discount, It cost me for 40 dollars and I am using Yijieneng Qi pad.

My s3 use UAG case (Urban Armor Gear), It does transmit the wireless charging through the case and It runs like charm.

As far as I know, the charging distance is between 4mm to 4cm (if the transmitter is based off the newer standard)

Charging speed
    Depending on the receiver it can range from 500ma to 700ma (this is roughly the speed of usb charging or a little faster)

Does NFC Work?
    I can't vouch for ALL the Qi kits out there, but the Yijieneng one that I do posses, works. Reference the above video to show that it works.

Available Products
    Wireless Charging Kits (This includes both receiver and charger):
    Yijieneng kit. Comes with a receiver pad that fits underneath the battery door and a transmitter.
    Warning: I highly suggest getting just the receiver pad from them rather than the whole kit. Apparently the 2nd version seem to be problematic and requires an exact placement. You can find the transmitter at your local phone store like AT&T and Verizon or get it from sites like Amazon and such for the Energizer Qi charging pad.
    As for those who are asking how to purchase this, this is what some of the members have done.
    Just read through the thread and I think I might consider the Yijieneng receiver and charging pad. For those of you that have successfully purchased the kits from Yijieneng: How was the communication service and shipping promptness from them, and what's the price for the charging pad and the receiver (as they don't have any price listings on their site).
    Hi,
    Communication is slow, use messenger links on their site.
    Price of the unit is 55$ + shipping cost. Mine shipping was 30$ via DHL.
    Took them more than a week after completed payment to send the item. I was about to contact paypal to help me get my money back ...

The prices are from their pricelist which you can request and the prices are for "sample". Prices for bulk are more than half way down ...

With the pricelist they've send me 2 pdfs with company presentation. They seems to be big oem manufacturer for the most of QI enabled charging pads (incl energizer). But this is only if you can trust what is written in presentation pdfs and in my experience with Chinese companies like this is that the truth in presentations is less than 40% ....

Zens wireless charger
    . They sell the whole kit for something around $80 or $90 (I think). Comes with a case and transmitter.

Droidax EzyCharge
    Here's the link to their review: http://www.androidunite.com/2012/11/15/droidax-ezycharge-wireless-charger-for-galaxy-s3/
    Comes with a case and transmitter.

Speed
    New HK brand. Seems to have a full kit available. Receiver backing goes for ~25 USD (208 HK$). Transmitter goes for ~$50 (388 HK$).
    http://www.speed-charger.com/en/home

Disclaimer: Touchstone, Qi, and Powermat are not compatible with each other. As of this edit (12/15/2012), none of these charging standards and their products will work with the other's product no matter what anyone tells you. In the future, there might be a universal charger, but right now, none exist.

Kits to AVOID
    Kaneda Wireless Powerbank
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35679928&postcount=125

EDIT: Added some extra info

EDIT 2: There are many members who have asked me where I got this kit from and the best I can and am allowed to disclose is that you would have to look up the manufacturer and contact them yourself. As far as I was reading, various members have actually directly contacted the manufacturer through their website and did their own transaction there. I personally have not done it before so I can not guarantee anything. I also do not know how much they charge nor do I know what kind of payment they take so your best bet is to talk to them. I only have this one kit that I have shown in the video and no it will not be sold to anyone (I like it too much and use it too much for me to even think about giving it up)

EDIT 3: Added info on other Qi chargers. Will add more info and pictures of other chargers and/or receivers as I find them.
    EDIT 4: added more info based on what I missed previously .
    EDIT 5: Added a Kits to avoid section.
    EDIT 6: Added warning on 2nd gen Yijieneng transmitter issue. Added new kit
    There were a couple of threads pop up about the Qi wireless charging. Unfortunately, they turned out to be members (not just one) just trying to sell their products. This will serve as an official discussion thread about the Qi Wireless Charging System for people with inquiries about it. You may post a review video if you have the system, but we will be watching closely. If we see that you are trying to run a business off of XDA's back, you will be infracted/banned for good. XDA is not a place to promote your business. Part 11 of the forum rules:

11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
    Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar/substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
    Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software, or commercial services. unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
    Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
    Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
    Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if the following conditions are met:
    A) the site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership who actively maintains XDA-Developers' support thread(s) / posts, related to the download,
    B) the site is a relatively small personal website without commercial advertising/links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)

So please keep this in mind while you discuss it. Have a good time guys!
    What!!! I don't know what to think!! I am beyond frustrated with searching for a more affordable version. Please, keep us all updated if it actually arrives.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Please, don't tease me, lol! Sounds to good to be true.

I just received it, charging the powerbank at the moment, will comment on it later.

All I can say is dont buy it, the unit is a true 5000mAh, but the battery is cheap, the coil inside the powerbank is not a proper qi coil, but a nornal transformer coil, the magnet is weak, so i'm going to mod it to see if i can get it to work better, oh and the s3 back cover was DOA.

couldn't be bothered to send it back, just call it a USD 35 loss.

Due to the constant reporting of this thread due to allegations of users selling items, I have no alternative other than to close this thread. We do not have the resources to watch this thread 24/7 and review every post made.

The information contained in post 2 will remain as a potential guide for buyers of wireless charging solutions.
    At this point the thread will remain stuck, and no other Qi, PowerMat or other wireless charging threads may be opened.
    Any found will be deleted/closed.

Thanks for your understanding.
    No prob.

i apologize. it was alot of posts to go through and I did let a few slip through as I tried to update it. i'll do it tonight when I get home.
    thanks for the heads up.

@sircody - Why don't you just post your own thread regards the safety standards Qi or Powermat. Just stop mess either this Qi and Powermat thread. We already gave the facts Qi comparable works well with the Yijieneng pad and you are freaking paranoid over the safety by using standards electronics design prevent fire quotes.