Demo units.....updated 04/3/13

Search This thread

craftycarper1

Feb 1, 2011
Northampton
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Apart from the launch in London P4U store, any news on other demo unit availability?.......are all P4U stores able to show them now?

I will try as best i can to update this when people let us know where units are in store to play with, until it is clear that everybody has them available to try.:D

Confirmed locations with working demo units:

Birmingham, Bull Ring Centre - P4U
Gateshead, Metrocentre - P4U
Glasgow, Siverburn Shopping Centre - P4U
Leeds, Commercial street - P4U
Liverpool, Parker St. - P4U
London, Bond St - P4U
London, Bond St - 3 Store
London, Chingford - Currys/PC World
London, Ilford Exchange - 3 Store
London, Islington Angel - 3 Store (ask to use at your peril! :cowboy:)
London, Kilburn - 3 Store
London, Stratford, Westfiled Centre - P4U & 3 Store
London, Tottenham Court Rd - P4U
London, Westfield Shopping Centre, White City - P4U
London, Wood Green - 3 Store
Manchester, Market St. - P4U
Newcastle Upon Tyne, Northumberland St - P4U
Nottingham, Victoria Centre - P4U

Locations with dummy units (just to get a feel of the phone :laugh:)
Darlington, Yarm Rd - P4U (Currys)
Didcot - 3 Store
Durham - 3 Store
London, Camden Town - 3 Store
London, Clapham Junction - 3 Store
London, Dalston - 3 Store
London, Ealing Boadway - P4U
London, Liverpool Street - 3 Store
London, Oxford Circus (practically right next door to oxford circus station) - 3 Store
London, Stratford, Westfiled Centre - Most phone stores....
Newcastle, Metro Centre - 3 Store, P4U, O2, CPW
Northampton, Abington St - P4U
Northampton, Grosvenor Centre - 3 Store (dummy unit seems to have been stolen!)
Northampton, Peacock Place - No idea what the shop is called, but bottom floor inside Peacock Place :cyclops:

Thanks for updates to;
R89SONY
Phil750123
Wh1techapel
PHTC
Rage1ofakind
luqythewise
Omega Prime
ste1164
mnbrennan
ragingredbull

Last edited:

craftycarper1

Feb 1, 2011
Northampton
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Gonna have a look around later......i read somewhere late yesterday that more P4U stores would have units in today (21st), will be in MK later for some physio, so will try and locate a store there, then back home to Northampton, so i will have a pop in the store here see if i can get lucky.:D

RCJ89

Oct 5, 2012
london, UK
Posted reply in wrong thread...ooops......anyway,

No luck for me today trying to hunt down a demo unit, 2 P4U stores, 3 CPW stores, Vodafone store, 02 store and EE store, no luck.:crying:
I don't know about stores in the rest of the uk but a few phones 4 us in london and three stores are expecting demo units next week between the 26th-1st

craftycarper1

Feb 1, 2011
Northampton
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
So, apart from someone elsewhere saying they tried one out in a Birmingham store, and some stores saying they are getting them soon, do we have any definite sightings yet?

I would like to try and populate the OP with store locations so people can go and try for themselves.:D

RCJ89

Oct 5, 2012
london, UK
So, apart from someone elsewhere saying they tried one out in a Birmingham store, and some stores saying they are getting them soon, do we have any definite sightings yet?

I would like to try and populate the OP with store locations so people can go and try for themselves.:D

Yes there is definate sightings in london. The phones 4 u store in bond street that did the launch now have a display model however, you can't check out the camera/video or front camera or music in headphones because of the way they secured the phone.

The three store also down bond street a bit further up (opposite selfriges) had a clean demo yesterday i.e it wasn't bolted to anything so i got to test out camera/video, front camera/video, audio, phone calls in the shop and got to walk around in the shop with the phone to test out the camera on different subjects. I don't know if they would have bolted the phone down now but I am glad I went in search again yesterday as i finally got to play with it without any restrictions as such (apart from obviously not being allowed to go out the shop with it)

Reactions: craftycarper1

brizzle7

May 28, 2012
Good thread idea! I'm going to go searching Oxford Street sometime next week, I take it it's only the Bond Street stores?

hapticc

May 4, 2010
New Delhi
Re: Demo units.....updated 23/2/13

Dont worry there will be lots of vids from MWC shortly :)

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk 2

RCJ89

Oct 5, 2012
london, UK
It has been advised by the HTC staff that go around demoing the phones to shops that the demo units are running atleast 2 month old software and is not retail software.

RCJ89

Oct 5, 2012
london, UK
hello Guys I have a update for this thread.

Three store islington angel - London has a demo unit however the guy is such a pr**k and won't let anyone play with it. He claims it is his personal phone when I know it isn't because I saw him in the morning but because I had to go somewhere i said to him i will come back after he said ok. When I went back he was on lucnh and I asked the staff they said I would have to wait for him to come back as he was the only one with the demo and demoing it to customers then when he came hes telling me its his personal phone.
I thought you know what let me leave it because the staff in the three store in islington angel are FOS anyway, no wonder when I walk past it is always empty and there is like 6 or so staff members sitting in there twiddling their thumbs or talking aboslute rubbish amongst themselves on top of that they are absolutely clueless about phones but that's another matter.

Also three store in Kilburn - London also has a demo unit thankfully they let you play with it. So far all the three stores that have the demo units they are not bolted down to anything, the staff members have it around their necks.

craftycarper1

Feb 1, 2011
Northampton
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Thanks chief, OP updated.:good:

I was in my local 3 store (AGAIN) yesterday looking for a unit to play with, the young lad who approached me as i walked in store asked if i was after anything, i said i wanted a One to play with, he told me that it was only announced a couple of days ago......i told him i already had it on pre order since last Tuesday, he sort of looked as if i was lying, then said they wouldn't have any for a while because it's not out yet, i pointed out the Xperia Z that they have had for the last few weeks wasn't out either and he just shrugged his shoulders, i then pointed at the big A frame in the store front that showed a big pre order poster with the One on it.....again he just shrugged.......kids eh?:cowboy:

Last edited:

djbenny1

Apr 9, 2011
haha yea, i swear it never ceases to amaze me how little the people who work in these retail outlets (not just phones) know about their products.

usually i just nod and agree when i realise that i know more than they do lol

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
haha yea, i swear it never ceases to amaze me how little the people who work in these retail outlets (not just phones) know about their products.

usually i just nod and agree when i realise that i know more than they do lol

Cant agree more but at least you can cut straight through the BS though and put them on the spot ;)

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Thanks chief, OP updated.:good:

I was in my local 3 store (AGAIN) yesterday looking for a unit to play with, the young lad who approached me as i walked in store asked if i was after anything, i said i wanted a One to play with, he told me that it was only announced a couple of days ago......i told him i already had it on pre order since last Tuesday, he sort of looked as if i was lying, then said they wouldn't have any for a while because it's not out yet, i pointed out the Xperia Z that they have had for the last few weeks wasn't out either and he just shrugged his shoulders, i then pointed at the big A frame in the store front that showed a big pre order poster with the One on it.....again he just shrugged.......kids eh?:cowboy:

Hopefully next week we should be able to play around with the phone in at least a couple of stores without a trip to london or birmingham.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Apart from the launch in London P4U store, any news on other demo unit availability?.......are all P4U stores able to show them now?

I will try as best i can to update this when people let us know where units are in store to play with, until it is clear that everybody has them available to try.:D

Confirmed locations with working demo units:

Birmingham, Bull Ring Centre - P4U
    Gateshead, Metrocentre - P4U
    Glasgow, Siverburn Shopping Centre - P4U
    Leeds, Commercial street - P4U
    Liverpool, Parker St. - P4U
    London, Bond St - P4U
    London, Bond St - 3 Store
    London, Chingford - Currys/PC World
    London, Ilford Exchange - 3 Store
    London, Islington Angel - 3 Store (ask to use at your peril! :cowboy:)
    London, Kilburn - 3 Store
    London, Stratford, Westfiled Centre - P4U & 3 Store
    London, Tottenham Court Rd - P4U
    London, Westfield Shopping Centre, White City - P4U
    London, Wood Green - 3 Store
    Manchester, Market St. - P4U
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Northumberland St - P4U
    Nottingham, Victoria Centre - P4U

Locations with dummy units (just to get a feel of the phone :laugh:)
    Darlington, Yarm Rd - P4U (Currys)
    Didcot - 3 Store
    Durham - 3 Store
    London, Camden Town - 3 Store
    London, Clapham Junction - 3 Store
    London, Dalston - 3 Store
    London, Ealing Boadway - P4U
    London, Liverpool Street - 3 Store
    London, Oxford Circus (practically right next door to oxford circus station) - 3 Store
    London, Stratford, Westfiled Centre - Most phone stores....
    Newcastle, Metro Centre - 3 Store, P4U, O2, CPW
    Northampton, Abington St - P4U
    Northampton, Grosvenor Centre - 3 Store (dummy unit seems to have been stolen!)
    Northampton, Peacock Place - No idea what the shop is called, but bottom floor inside Peacock Place :cyclops:

Thanks for updates to;
    R89SONY
    Phil750123
    Wh1techapel
    PHTC
    Rage1ofakind
    luqythewise
    Omega Prime
    ste1164
    mnbrennan
    ragingredbull
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcK_Ps9J0Mc

Good 9 minute + review, may or may not of been posted
    phones4u live demo units

not sure if anyone's posted this before, but i read somewhere that 10 phones4u stores will have a live demo unit from, 21stfeb - 10th march, so naturally i got in contact with phones4u to see if i could get a list of these stores. sure enough i got an email back with a list of all the phones4u stores showing live demo units. i myself went to phones4u (tottenham court road) and had a play. very very very nice device, just couldn't feel how would be in my hand since they had it in a huge clamp, that doesn't let you pick up the device. shame really. anyway, for UK users here's that list.

427 Newcastle Upon Tyne
    429 Birmingham Bullring
    432 Oxford Street - London
    463 Metro Centre 2
    115 Liverpool Parker St
    311 Manchester Market
    316 Tottenham Court Road
    46 Leeds
    60 Nottingham Victoria Ctr
    568 Glasgow Silverburn
    606 White City, London
    Theres a working silver model in P4U in Leeds on Commercial street (Not sure about the others). Had a play with it today, really liking blink feed!

The sales guy didn't know much about it and me and a colleague had to change the language back to English after some helpful customer changed it to arabic and no-one in the store knew how to change it back :confused:

Yes there is definate sightings in london. The phones 4 u store in bond street that did the launch now have a display model however, you can't check out the camera/video or front camera or music in headphones because of the way they secured the phone.

The three store also down bond street a bit further up (opposite selfriges) had a clean demo yesterday i.e it wasn't bolted to anything so i got to test out camera/video, front camera/video, audio, phone calls in the shop and got to walk around in the shop with the phone to test out the camera on different subjects. I don't know if they would have bolted the phone down now but I am glad I went in search again yesterday as i finally got to play with it without any restrictions as such (apart from obviously not being allowed to go out the shop with it)