[Q] Can I root S4 without wiping data?

Search This thread

CavyS

Jul 1, 2013
I really dont want to have to backup all my contacts text messages and what not and have to re-sync all of my data. So is there a way to root it without wiping all my data or is that impossible? Thanks.

htcmodteam

Sep 14, 2011
york
Yup it can be done have a Google and read a few time like I did and it worked,

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

CavyS

Jul 1, 2013
Also I'm on AT&Ts latest MF3 build. If that makes a difference. Sorry this is the first time I have every tried rooting a phone.

CyberManiaK

Feb 22, 2011
California
Dude.. if you already find the correct thread. Why don't you ask there. I guess it will not wipe your data. At least on mine it didn't but I my contacts are stored on my gmail account. So my best advice is ask on the thread..

Samsung SGH-I337 on Tapatalk

SprintGalSII

Dec 2, 2012
Tampa
Can I Root without "Wipe," to recover accidentally deleted photos?

I'm on NC1.

I need to "Root" without wiping the Internal Memory.

I was using Internal Memory for photos and in a state of stupor (I assume), deleted a folder I thought I moved to my PC.

So the files are now deleted. I want to use one of the many recovery tools but thus far, all that I can find require "Root" access.

BTW: As an aside, does anyone else experience issues with copying too/from Internal Memory to a PC and the files seemingly go, or at least them are visible in Explorer, but then after disconnecting the phone, when you look for them, they are not there?