Unified CM11 won't boot

Search This thread

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
I can't believe how inconsistent this **** is. So I messed up my phone and wanted to start over. Now the same files I successfully flashed and booted (see first page) now don't boot past the bootloader screen again.
Even after flashing the Verizon stock image back into my phone, the same files that were still on my external sd card refuse to successfully boot.

w t f

ETA: I am so f'n pissed right now. I was so happy with CM and I spent the last hours trying to get this back on my phone. Ready to throw this thing out. 2 different recoveries, 5 different CM zips. NONE boot past the bootloader image!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flashing back to stock results in a fully functional phone. When I boot into the custom recovery and format everything followed by the zips I just don't get it to boot at all.it just hangs at the unlocked boot loader warning.
Format everything?
No. Use philz & wipe for rom.
Are you really formating ALL the formattable partitions?
No need to format.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Aboot is one you want to leave alone. Others too.

SCFirefighter

Oct 14, 2012
Format everything?
No. Use philz & wipe for rom.
Are you really formating ALL the formattable partitions?
No need to format.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Aboot is one you want to leave alone. Others too.

I meant all the ones that need to be formatted. I format /data /cache (factory reset) and I manually format /system.
Then I flash CM, followed by gapps, and reboot. The next thing that happens is that I'm stuck at the unlock warning.
I use CWM for the 926. I tried both the touch and non touch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

SCFirefighter

Oct 14, 2012
For those with similar issues I would recommend to try Philz recovery. It's an adaptation of the original CWM touch recovery. It may just be a coincidence but it worked for me again while others failed. It's fancier too with some more useful features.

Reactions: Jhall8

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
Posted Philz recovery
New xda attachment limit </= 8mb now for zip uploads!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts