[Q] st15i status 7 error cm10 mod. just trying to upgrade gb to jelly bean. help.

Search This thread

mehmetxda

Mar 10, 2014
i am using:
xperia mini st15i
2.3.4 gingerbread
4.0.2.A.0.42
yes it is rooted
yes bootloader unlocked
//////////////////////////////////////////////

spent my last 8 hours for upgrading it to jelly bean 4.1.2 but couldnt make it.
i did the cwm recovery (its version was 5.0.2.6), rom manager, cyanogen10 ROM.zip (smultron, pyramid ive tried both), gapps.zip things etc

but got beaten everytime by "status 7 installation aborted" error while installing those zips from sd card. (yea did the wipe cache etc things)
and yea ive edited updater-script.txt (deleted "assert" lines till "mount" line) etc.
none of em worked. im clueless now.

i dont know what im doing wrong. i gave you all my informations above so i hope someone can help me.
jb 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 doesnt matter. i will be ok with all of em.
please respond asap.

Last edited:

bejunk

May 9, 2013
Berlin
i am using:
xperia mini st15i
2.3.4 gingerbread
4.0.2.A.0.42
yes it is rooted
yes bootloader unlocked

i did the cwm recovery (its version was 5.0.2.6), rom manager, cyanogen10 ROM.zip (smultron, pyramid ive tried both), gapps.zip things etc

but got beaten everytime by "status 7 installation aborted" error while installing those zips from sd card. (yea did the wipe cache etc things)
and yea ive edited updater-script.txt (deleted "assert" lines till "mount" line) etc.

i dont know what im doing wrong. i gave you all my informations above so i hope someone can help me.
please respond asap.

Okay. I think you missed the kernel install. And its better you upgrade to ics before installin JB :)

So steps to do:

1. Install ics by using flashtool.
2. Download jb rom & gapps and place on sd card.i would recommend yo Legacy Xperia rom, there is a very good usable 4.2.2 jb stable of it :good:
3. Flash the kernel from inside of the zip via flashtool or cmd.
Boot to recovery.
Do a factory reset/wipe data.
Install rom.zip & gapps. Then boot.

Enjoy true greatness :)

Good luck

Btw, theres NO need to edit the updater script. ;) it shows you the status 7 error bcuz u missed to install the kernel from zip ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: mehmetxda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i am using:
    xperia mini st15i
    2.3.4 gingerbread
    4.0.2.A.0.42
    yes it is rooted
    yes bootloader unlocked

please respond asap.

Okay. I think you missed the kernel install. And its better you upgrade to ics before installin JB :)

So steps to do:

1. Install ics by using flashtool.
    2. Download jb rom & gapps and place on sd card.i would recommend yo Legacy Xperia rom, there is a very good usable 4.2.2 jb stable of it :good:
    3. Flash the kernel from inside of the zip via flashtool or cmd.
    Boot to recovery.
    Do a factory reset/wipe data.
    Install rom.zip & gapps. Then boot.

Enjoy true greatness :)

Good luck

Btw, theres NO need to edit the updater script. ;) it shows you the status 7 error bcuz u missed to install the kernel from zip ;)
    done. thanks a lot.