Camera lens cover gers scratched easily?

Search This thread

rexisrex

Aug 14, 2012
Chennai
htc service centre 10 min job

Guys just wanted to share my experience... Had a similar problem of back lens cover scuffedbadly..until it reached a point where it started affecting the photo quality very badly.. I knew this work around of toothpaste and brasso et al..but was worried what if I do a bad job of removing the scuff or worse if removing reflective protection starts affecting photo quality on outdoor bright snaps..
so long story short.. I thought Will take my phone to service centre before getting my hand dirty with toothpaste as it is still under warranty..
I took* it to them..explained my problem.. the technician took it inside and brought the phone back in 10 mins..voila..couldn't believe my eyes..it was like brand new and yes the anti glare reflective coating was intact.. photos are as good as they used to be on the day I bought the phone.. I did the service in Chennai tvs HTC service centre..just asked the technician what did he do..he said he had treated with a special solvent!
Asked him if I can buy the solvent from him..he just smiled and asked me to bring it back if the glass gets scuffed again ?
How is this possible folks? What did he use to make it brand new..I am sorry didn't take before after snaps of the scratched lens..you wouldn't believe the spanking new cover as if he replaced it .any ways now my worry is over ..I know I can take it back to them for a ten minute treatment..

dyepnoodle

Dec 5, 2010
Manila
Guys just wanted to share my experience... Had a similar problem of back lens cover scuffedbadly..until it reached a point where it started affecting the photo quality very badly.. I knew this work around of toothpaste and brasso et al..but was worried what if I do a bad job of removing the scuff or worse if removing reflective protection starts affecting photo quality on outdoor bright snaps..
so long story short.. I thought Will take my phone to service centre before getting my hand dirty with toothpaste as it is still under warranty..
I took* it to them..explained my problem.. the technician took it inside and brought the phone back in 10 mins..voila..couldn't believe my eyes..it was like brand new and yes the anti glare reflective coating was intact.. photos are as good as they used to be on the day I bought the phone.. I did the service in Chennai tvs HTC service centre..just asked the technician what did he do..he said he had treated with a special solvent!
Asked him if I can buy the solvent from him..he just smiled and asked me to bring it back if the glass gets scuffed again ?
How is this possible folks? What did he use to make it brand new..I am sorry didn't take before after snaps of the scratched lens..you wouldn't believe the spanking new cover as if he replaced it .any ways now my worry is over ..I know I can take it back to them for a ten minute treatment..

He smiled, that's your clue dude. He used his TOOTHPASTE!! :D

Reactions: Kotin89

pdat

Dec 11, 2014
Lens scratched, foggy, blurry photos with M8

Many owners of the HTC One M8 have complained of foggy photos, scratched lens, etc. I am one who had this issue the past 3 weeks. I've been to several forums. Some suggest cleaning the lens cover with MAGIC ERASER. First, let me explain, there is a plastic cover over the lens. Very similar to a touchscreen protective cover. It is plastic. In fact, if you take the corner of a credit card or anything small and blunt you can press on this and notice it flex.
I tried the MAGIC ERASER, wet it and rubbed the lens trying to clean it. It did not remove the many scratches on the protective cover to correct the problem for me. I read about trying toothpaste on a Q TIP and rubbing that on the lens cover. However, I only use toothpaste gel. I did have a container of SOFT SOAP and without shaking it I squeezed some into the sink. It came out very runny. I dipped the Q TIP in it and rubbed the lens cover with it for about 20 seconds and wiped it off. Rubbed it very wet until just before completely dry and then wiped it off with a wet paper towel.
SHAZAM!! It did the trick. Lens is now clean enough to take sharp photos again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah it does. I cut out a lense cover from a tpu screen protector I had lying around.
    HTC Guaranteed Free Repair

I had this exact problem! Here is my story of how I received a free repair from HTC:

I emailed HTC’s USA President, Jason Mackenzie, directly with my complaint. (I did this over Memorial Day weekend.) I explained my past experience with the M7—which was excellent-- and suggested that the M8 is somehow defective.

Jason responded within hours and indicated that someone would contact me on Tuesday. On Tuesday, I was called on both my cell and work phone, and I received an email! When I got back with HTC, they offered to provide an overnight shipping label (both to and from HTC) and they also GUARANTEED that my phone would be repaired FREE OF CHARGE.

Jason Mackenzie’s email address is: jason_mackenzie@htc.com

***In full disclosure, I emailed Jason from my work email address—I am an attorney. Notwithstanding, I think all affected M8 customers should receive this same remedy—and probably a free case to compensate for going without your phone during the repair. Anyway, give it a shot!
    Lens fix...

They seem like scratches but really aren't.
    I thought the same thing as well...It is actually a coating that flakes off.
    What I did was spray a little bit of plastic cleaner on a microfiber cloth and rubbed vigorously and came out perfect as new.
    The cleaner can be found on Amazon...It is called Plexus and works wonders and is non abrasive.
    You guys need to read more carefully. There is a protective coating on the lens that must be removed to clean up your photo quality. Then cut a small piece of screen protector to cover it if you're worried.

Read back, use Google, most recommend rubbing alcohol and a q-tip.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk