HDMI Cable

Search This thread

bmancell

Dec 28, 2008
Ottawa
Will any Mini HDMI to HDMI cable work for the Nexus 10? What I mean is, are there different ones, the part you plug into the Nexus, I know there are like tons of different usb connections.

I want to play content on a TV. I found a nice cheap $7.99 cable from Walmart, but don't know if it will do what I want?

tysj

Feb 8, 2010
Will any Mini HDMI to HDMI cable work for the Nexus 10? What I mean is, are there different ones, the part you plug into the Nexus, I know there are like tons of different usb connections.

I want to play content on a TV. I found a nice cheap $7.99 cable from Walmart, but don't know if it will do what I want?

It is microHDMI. I bought this one from Monoprice for $7.50 and it outputs both audio and video just fine.

bmancell

Dec 28, 2008
Ottawa
So Mini would be a different one then?

Alright, are there USB to HDMI cables available? Does that do everything, any benefits?

the_boo

Oct 30, 2012
You need a micro hdmi cable for your nexus 10... There are micro Usb to hdmi cables but they are for phones/tabs that use MHL... The nexus 10 has a dedicated hdmi port

Feb 9, 2010
Hey guys.

So I bought one of these, only a 3 foot one, and it's absolutely wonderful. :)

Two questions though....

How long of a cable can I have before there becomes a streaming issue?

Also, how can I blank the tablet's screen while having it still continue to stream video content?

My device is rooted and I have Xposed framework installed.

Cheers.

Feb 9, 2010
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nkahoang.screenstandby

I haven't tested it but it seems to be what you are looking for.

Sent from my Evo 4g LTE

Is there perhaps another method?

The reviews for that application are somewhat intimidating.

WTF! This g-d d@mn thing ruined my tablet. I installed it, then it went to screen off mode, which disabled my HDMI out too. So I couldn't see anything, so I turned it off and back on, and when it came back ... it was all reset to factory! everything is gone! Piece of crap

roloracer

Jul 8, 2008
Kissimmee
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nkahoang.screenstandby

I haven't tested it but it seems to be what you are looking for.

Sent from my Evo 4g LTE

Is there perhaps another method?

The reviews for that application are somewhat intimidating.
I have a micro HDMI I got from amazon and I use this app and works well after you learn how to set it up. Once you install you need to set your screen on regular settings to stay awake, I usually set it to 30 min, so the tablet won't turn the screen of while watching video, then I set the app in the settings to turn off screen with HDMI cable detection, then if you need to wake the screen after is off and you're watching something, it has a shake to wake feature, just shake the tab and will wake the screen up.

I have had it wake the screen up before while watching a vid but not often.

RoloRacer on PA 4.3 Nexus 10

Top Liked Posts