[Q] Have tried to flash stock rom - stuck at samsung logo

Search This thread

gbswales

Jun 13, 2012
Problem now resolved - just needed a factory reset to get it going (can't believe I forgot something so fundamental!)

I posted earlier looking for how to flash a new stock rom to my Galaxy S3 I9300 - managed to find an Odin flash guide at
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/help/guide-odin-flash-guide-t1671969

I already had the right version of Odin and downloaded the following firmware which seemed to be the only one listed for my device
Firmware Info - I am not able to access the phone to check for any details but it was international unlocked bought from amazon uk so this seemed to be the only non- carrier version
PDA: XXALE8
Phone: XXLE8
Date: 13/05/2012
Android Version: 4.0.4
BTU (UK) Also contains (CPW DBT ITV KOR XEF XEO): Download

Flash with ODIN reported successful and the phone booted - however after the animated logo and sound it sticks at the static "SAMSUNG" logo and goes no further. This is the same problem I was having after doing a factory reset

Does anyone please have any suggestions as to what I should try next - I followed another thread which suggested wiping the cache which I did but still sticking on the SAMSUNG logo. Would installing a custom ROM be likely to work or is there something else I need to try

Last edited:

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Wrong forum, this is only for the i9300.

Report your own post and ask a moderator to move it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
XXALB is not a new firmware, it is very old and not sds safe. Downgrading from modern firmwares can create massive issues with the efs folder, if a factory reset doesn't solve it then you will need a backup of your efs folder, from v1.

Reactions: gbswales

gbswales

Jun 13, 2012
Actually it is a GT-I9300 the heading was a typo which I have amended

The problem is that the back up I had on the external SD card was corrupted and I lost an older back up in a computer crash - this one was listed in the set of instructions for installing stock rom on the S3.

However your post reminded me that I could do a factory reset from recovery mode (it is over a year since I last did any rooting etc!!)
Hey Presto it worked and I now have a fully functioning S3 albeit with earlier firmware but I can update that with kies
So thanks for you prompt - kudos to you :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XXALB is not a new firmware, it is very old and not sds safe. Downgrading from modern firmwares can create massive issues with the efs folder, if a factory reset doesn't solve it then you will need a backup of your efs folder, from v1.