CSC question

Search This thread

juzzy16

Jan 14, 2011
Hi. Just a bit confused about my CSC. Currently my phone is on AP: I9505XXUEMKF with CSC: I9505BTUEMK5. As far as I was aware, this is an unbranded CSC for the UK and Ireland? (I am in Ireland). Now my phone was locked to a network but I got it unlocked and the CSC is now this. According to Sammobile, the latest firmware for BTU is I9505XXUENAA but when I connect my phone to kies, it says i have the latest update? Am I missing something big here?

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Hi. Just a bit confused about my CSC. Currently my phone is on AP: I9505XXUEMKF with CSC: I9505BTUEMK5. As far as I was aware, this is an unbranded CSC for the UK and Ireland? (I am in Ireland). Now my phone was locked to a network but I got it unlocked and the CSC is now this. According to Sammobile, the latest firmware for BTU is I9505XXUENAA but when I connect my phone to kies, it says i have the latest update? Am I missing something big here?
1. The CSC appears close to ur firmware in Kies 3. Like in the 1st pic the CSC is XEU.
2. I9505XXUENAA no is an official update recognized by Kies how u can see in the 2nd pic. Kies 3 recognize that u have the latest update installed. If you want update ur phone by Kies you will have to wait new official update or u will have to use ODIN for install I9505XXUENAA otherways (SamMobile).

Attachments

• Kies1.PNG
    Kies1.PNG
    73.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

theunderling

Feb 8, 2012
on top of your mother
I tried that csc the other night, and it loads the Austria/Switzerland stuff on my phone by default......very useful here in the uk.
There is option to select uk/btu but it resets the phone, so Im not spending 3 hours setting up my phone.

Oh, and the mobile data speed seems so crap on that modem compared to mk9....

juzzy16

Jan 14, 2011
Thanks for your reply. Do you know whether unbranded phones get updates before branded??

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Thanks for your reply. Do you know whether unbranded phones get updates before branded??
Yes normally.
- Branded phones have to have custom firmware (coz they install their own apps/mods/rebuilts)
- Unbranded handsets can apply new firmware as soon as Samsung releases it (without changes).