[Q] Root without tripping knox?

Search This thread

saurabh_goyal93

Aug 2, 2011
Hey, I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500. I want to root it and install cyanogenmod 11 on it. But I read that there's some problem with Knox and how it ends your warranty if the flag changes to 0x1. I'm currently on Android 4.4.2 kitkat official ROM by Samsung. Can I root it without loosing my warranty? Also, I read that Kingoroot roots your phone and doesn't trip your knox counter either. Does anyone know about this?

The main thing I wanna do after rooting is change the DPI of my phone. I hate such big icons.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Hey, I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500. I want to root it and install cyanogenmod 11 on it. But I read that there's some problem with Knox and how it ends your warranty if the flag changes to 0x1. I'm currently on Android 4.4.2 kitkat official ROM by Samsung. Can I root it without loosing my warranty? Also, I read that Kingoroot roots your phone and doesn't trip your knox counter either. Does anyone know about this?

The main thing I wanna do after rooting is change the DPI of my phone. I hate such big icons.
There isnt way to root without trip KNOX with android 4.4.2 :(

Last edited: