Nexus 5 still a good buy in INDIA ?

Search This thread

maheshus88

Dec 9, 2012
HI,
So I am thinking of getting nexus 5 .
I don't do much of a gaming, I want a solid stable cellphone with good battery life.

if not nexus 5 then which cellphone would you suggest around same price range os 25k ?

Thank you.

D

Deleted member 5638945

hmm, nexus 5 is still a very good buy. battery life is pretty solid without gaming. i dont know much about your money but you can buy M8 or G3, maybe?

pingu11

Jul 26, 2014
Delhi
HI,
So I am thinking of getting nexus 5 .
I don't do much of a gaming, I want a solid stable cellphone with good battery life.

if not nexus 5 then which cellphone would you suggest around same price range os 25k ?

Thank you.

You could get the OnePlus One 64gb for 22k or the 16gb for 19k. Although I prefer the nexus 5, OnePlus One is pretty good too. You'll need an invite tho

Last edited:

dicecuber

Aug 15, 2013
Vancouver
I disagree, the battery life on the nexus 5 is the main weakness of this phone. You have to lower every setting basically to get more SOT. And your mobile signal has to be strong plus turn off wifi and location services when you're not using them

maheshus88

Dec 9, 2012
hmm, nexus 5 is still a very good buy. battery life is pretty solid without gaming. i dont know much about your money but you can buy M8 or G3, maybe?

HTC M8 and G3 are expensive here.

Nexus 5 however is around 25k and thats my budget.

You could get the OnePlus One 64gb for 22k or the 16gb for 19k. Although I prefer the nexus 5, OnePlus One is pretty good too. You'll need an invite tho

I am using oneplus right now. Want to get rid of it.

I don't find it smooth enough like ASOP and the phone is extremely fragile ( I am too scared to use it as daily driver ).

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
I disagree, the battery life on the nexus 5 is the main weakness of this phone. You have to lower every setting basically to get more SOT. And your mobile signal has to be strong plus turn off wifi and location services when you're not using them

I know that the general consensus is the the N5's battery sucks, but my experience has been vastly different. I have no issue making it through the day with around 4-5 hours SOT. That's a-ok in my book.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

dicecuber

Aug 15, 2013
Vancouver
I know that the general consensus is the the N5's battery sucks, but my experience has been vastly different. I have no issue making it through the day with around 4-5 hours SOT. That's a-ok in my book.

You're one of the lucky ones. I've learned to live with the battery life, since November 2013. I have multiple chargers everywhere and 2 power banks to keep this device topped up

maheshus88

Dec 9, 2012
I'll trade you my white Nexus 5 32gb for your oneplus one

hahaha,
Just returned the Opo..

4-5 hours SOT is good, isn't it ?
all I want is for the phone to run throughout the day with my data on..

You're one of the lucky ones. I've learned to live with the battery life, since November 2013. I have multiple chargers everywhere and 2 power banks to keep this device topped up

This is scary ?
I probably should stay away from this device.

I once used xiaomi mi3 with asop kitkat rom. The rom was the fastest thing I ever saw in any cellphone.
I compare all other phone with it so even opo was a disappointment to me.
The only thing that will satisfy my hunger is Nexus Devices with pure android os, I guess.

which phone would you suggest ?
I want good battery with fast, smooth experience ( I don't do gaming so frame drop during gaming doesn't matter ).

dicecuber

Aug 15, 2013
Vancouver
Nexus 5 could be sufficient for you. Maybe a moto X 2014. Lastly, I would suggest Nexus 6 to be safe if it's in your budget.