[TEST] Root Call Blocker/ Call Master/ Project Delta needs help with issues on RHD JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
Hi guys. Im one of the developers of Root Call Blocker and a number of other apps using a custom build root telephony layer. There have been recent reports of our apps behaving badly with the new official JB updates.

We need people to check whether this is true - especially people with CDMA devices which we have no access to. Either way, please download the free versions of the apps in question (look at bottom of post for links) and perform some simple tests:

- call yourself from blocked numbers
- text yourself from blocked numbers
- mms yourself from blocked numbers (CM/Delta only)

If something seems to be working fine, please try again just in case. If you have problems, go to Settings and find the "Write to us" item. Once you click on it, be sure to mention in the description field that youre from xda - just put XDA TEST or something.

If you can, please try to include the number that was supposed to be blocked - the logs consist of thousands of lines, so that will help a lot.

Root Call Blocker - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.rootcallblocker.beta
(trial allows one item, you can use groups to block more)

Call Master - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.blacklist
(this one is completely free)

Thanks in advance. Also, you can write about problems here if you like!

Orphee

Jan 31, 2008
Google Pixel 8
Hi,

I just tried your application in Trial Mode.
I added a phone number in the blacklist.
I enabled filter mode (SuperSu asked authorization, accepted) : In parameter -> "Activer le blockage des appels"
and I suddently lost network connexion... Unable to reactivate it, i had to reboot the phone.

Tried it again, and same result, I loose network signal when I enable blocking...

Edit : I tried the debug option to restart service, but if blocking is still enabled, the signal is lost again directly. If I disable blocking before restart service, it seems to restore signal

Last edited:
Reactions: ftgg99

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Hmm. How long did you wait after root was granted? Sometimes it can take a few minutes so please just check again to be sure. Also, logs through the app would be very helpful, as described above,

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Orphee

Jan 31, 2008
Google Pixel 8
Well I tried a few times, waited one minute, no network signal. Even with a restart service, the signal came back for less than 1 second and desappeared again.
I disabled blocking, restarted service, and then the signal was back.

I sent 3 mails with logs with the application report tool, all with title : XDA TEST (1/2/3) : ....

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Well I tried a few times, waited one minute, no network signal. Even with a restart service, the signal came back for less than 1 second and desappeared again.

I sent 3 mails with logs with the application report tool, all with title : XDA TEST (1/2/3) : ....

If youre the one who sent logs, i can see that you waited 10(!) seconds. Then you just kept pressing restart. The radio layer cannot possibly reboot in 10 seconds.

Please, wait at least 2 minutes.

Orphee

Jan 31, 2008
Google Pixel 8
On the Test 3 i waited approx 1 minute I think :)
I can try again. It will be XDA TEST 4

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

So I did the following :

Enabled call blocking : network signal lost
Waited 3 minutes and tried "redémarrage du dispositif" : Nothing happened
Waited 3 minutes and tried "Redémarrer le service de téléphonie" : Network signal came back for 1 second and lost it.
Waited 3 minutes, disabled call blocking : Nothing appened
Waited 3 minutes and tried "Redémarrer le service de téléphonie" : Network signal came back and stayed ON, H+ appeared. (call blocking disabled 3 minutes before)
Used the "Nous écrire" menu to send the logs

It is EXACTLY what i did right now, I just moved the screen with my finger during the operation to keep screen ON, nothing more.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

So I did the following :

Waited 3 minutes and tried "Redémarrer le service de téléphonie" : Network signal came back for 1 second and lost it.
Waited 3 minutes and tried "Redémarrer le service de téléphonie" : Network signal came back and stayed ON, H+ appeared. (call blocking disabled 3 minutes before)

It is EXACTLY what i did right now, I just moved the screen with my finger during the operation to keep screen ON, nothing more.

Thank you, i shall examine them in detail shortly!

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
OK im getting my phone today, so hopefully a fix will be coming in the next few days :)

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
OK guys, issue fixed, so thread is closed. Thanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I just tried your application in Trial Mode.
    I added a phone number in the blacklist.
    I enabled filter mode (SuperSu asked authorization, accepted) : In parameter -> "Activer le blockage des appels"
    and I suddently lost network connexion... Unable to reactivate it, i had to reboot the phone.

Tried it again, and same result, I loose network signal when I enable blocking...

Edit : I tried the debug option to restart service, but if blocking is still enabled, the signal is lost again directly. If I disable blocking before restart service, it seems to restore signal

So I did the following :

do you still need logs?

Thank you, i shall examine them in detail shortly!

Hi
    I am having the same problems too