[Q] Samsung Galaxy S3 calendar not syncing to Google/other devices

Search This thread

mewmew!

Oct 9, 2011
Edit: I posted this after an hour of trying to fix it myself, and of course I solved the problem five minutes after posting it. Problem was that on the phone the entries were by default being made under a local calendar and not my Google account.

I'm having sort of a weird problem with calendar syncing. I use two android devices - my phone which is a Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300 international version purchased overseas), and my tablet which is an Asus Transformer Prime (TF201), and Google Calendars. Events that I create on my phone do not upload to Google Calendars or to my tablet. However, events created on Google or on the tablet will sync to the phone - it's only the phone-created events that won't sync.

Before making this thread I googled around and didn't find much. I followed every step in http://support.google.com/calendar/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=ts.cs&ts=2819319 , but there was no effect. I've tested the phone on the cellular signal and on wifi, and I'm using the stock calendar.

The tablet has no problems, but both it and my phone are rooted and running stock 4.1.1. The only thing I can think of that could be causing this is the fact that I manually updated the phone to 4.1.1 with odin, and shows as being modified under Device Status.

Anyone have any ideas that I haven't tried yet?

Last edited:

Shofar1

Aug 13, 2010
Edit: I posted this after an hour of trying to fix it myself, and of course I solved the problem five minutes after posting it. Problem was that on the phone the entries were by default being made under a local calendar and not my Google account.

I'm having sort of a weird problem with calendar syncing. I use two android devices - my phone which is a Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300 international version purchased overseas), and my tablet which is an Asus Transformer Prime (TF201), and Google Calendars. Events that I create on my phone do not upload to Google Calendars or to my tablet. However, events created on Google or on the tablet will sync to the phone - it's only the phone-created events that won't sync.

Before making this thread I googled around and didn't find much. I followed every step in http://support.google.com/calendar/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=ts.cs&ts=2819319 , but there was no effect. I've tested the phone on the cellular signal and on wifi, and I'm using the stock calendar.

The tablet has no problems, but both it and my phone are rooted and running stock 4.1.1. The only thing I can think of that could be causing this is the fact that I manually updated the phone to 4.1.1 with odin, and shows as being modified under Device Status.

Anyone have any ideas that I haven't tried yet?
Using Note 3, can't seem to find the "default" setting (OS 4.3) to get my S calendar to sync with google calendar.