Search This thread

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Galaxy SIII
LTE

SGH-T999L
d2ltetmo

****This will NOT make a T999 model LTE capable!!! Simply put, it CANNOT happen!!!****

==========================================================================================================

NOTE: It is CONFIRMED that the T999L modem, does NOT work on the original T999. It will not brick the device, but you will have no connectivity.

The same has also been confirmed for the AT&T GS3 - I747. It will almost certainly be exactly the same for ALL variants of the S3!!!!!

==========================================================================================================

The ROM will work on a T999 with few to no problems though! (Ive been running it for about a week now!)

***See Post #3 for instructions on How to Return to Stock***

As most of you know, T-Mobile has recently released a new version of the Galaxy S3. Unfortunately, it seems that Samsung never releases a downloadable version of their firmware for newly released devices. This seems to be no execption, which means that there is no way to fully return to stock once you have rooted and begun flashing customs ROMs and whatnot. For Example: If you root by flashing CWM or TWRP, your stock recovery is now gone and there is no way to get it back......until now!
Over the past several days, I have been working with Motodefier to solve this issue, and I believe we have done so! What we have is a way for users to return to stock if they so desire.

***********Motodefier and I have decided to delay the Odin version of the firmware for the T999L, just to be safe. There are too many unanswered questions and while I think we have it down and would be ready for use, I do not want anyone flashing it until I am certain it will not brick their phone. We have not given up on it though, and will keep you guys posted. In the meantime, we do have an alternative method using the recovery.

I believe Moto is planning a debloated release soon, so be on the lookout for T999L based custom roms to hopefully start coming out soon.

To all of you T999L owners, please do not expect the devs of current ROMs to release additional builds based on this. Their current releases should be able to work on your device as is anyway. I will put together an MB7 kernel + modules zip that you can flash on top of these ROMs in case any of them do not fully function on your device.
In the end, any T999L builds will most likely come from people who actually own it.

Note: I do not have the T999L, so I unfortunately have to rely on others for testing. Where possible, I will test on my own device and will post the results. I will also be sure to label each item as Untested if it has not been.
I am confident everything will work as intended. I wouldn't release it otherwise. If you do decide to try any of this, please post your results. If there are any issues, I will work to solve them right away.

**If you see an item that is untested and you do flash it, please post your results. If it fails please also PM me and Motodefier for further assistance.

*****In the event of ANY FAILURE :mad:. Send me and Motodefier a PM, and post here so others know. We will make it top priority to get you back to stock and running normally.

***Please see Post #2 for a list of any reported bugs/problems.

Build
UVAMB7

*****ODIN Firmware*****

Stock System + Root___VERSION 2!
(TESTED AND WORKING!!!)
(This needs to be unzipped first)

Stock Recovery
:cowboy: (TESTED AND WORKING!!!) :victory:

Stock Kernel

Stock Firmware
(NOT WORKING! Link Temporarily Removed) :(
I suggest waiting until the others are tested before testing this one.

This contains the following underlying firmware partitions:

aboot.mbn
NON-HLOS.bin (modem)
rpm.mbn
sbl2.mbn
sbl3.mbn
tz.mbn

Note: Together, these are the equivalent of a Full Firmware as you would normally use if an official one were available. Once each piece has been tested and found working, I will put together a single flashable that will put you back on stock. I will also release a root66 version.

I had posted a couple of these a couple of days ago, but apparently no one wanted to test or no one saw them and they got buried pretty quickly. This is a request for anyone willing to test them out. As usual, I tried my best to make sure they are safe to use. If they do not work, I believe they will fail almost instantly without actually flashing to the device. Also, as usual, i cannot guarantee this, nor that it will not brick your device. This is testing AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!! Please make sure you have a nandroid backup ready, just in case!

T999L BASED ROM
Stock / Deodexed / CiQ Free

DOWNLOADS
T999

T999L

*Busybox
*Insecure Kernel (The T999 version includes the UVDMD5 kernel and modules)
*Includes WiFi Band Switcher (Thanks to madmack for giving back the ability to choose 2.4 or 5Ghz WiFi bands!)
*Everything else remains stock for you guys to do whatever you want with it!

T999L BASED ROM
T999L PureSTOCK + Root

DOWNLOAD

*This is a virtually UNMODIFIED stock build for the T999L. The ONLY change is that it is rooted. There is a reason for this.
*This will be the file used to flash back to stock in the event of problems or the need to send in under warranty.
*Please see Post #3 for more information on how to use this to revert back to stock.

T999L UVAMB7 Firmware
(Untested, but the script used as a template has been proven)

**Thanks to Aerowinder for the use of his script for this!

DOWNLOAD

*This is the underlying firmware that you would find in a full Odin flashable, stock firmware package.
*Includes the following:

aboot - Apps Boot
modem - Baseband/Modem/Radio
rpm - Resource & Power Management
sbl2 - Secondary Bootloader 2
sbl3 - Secondary Bootloader 3
tz - Trusted Zone

Stock Kernels

**The kernels with the '+' at the end will uninstall any 3rd party items that may have been flashed along with the kernel (i.e. ktoonsez's Kernel Tweaker App, modules, etc.) They also include the modules needed for everything to work properly using a Touchwiz build and kernel.
**Thanks to enewman17 for the script used to accomplish this!

DOWNLOADS
Recovery Flashable

Stock Secure (unmodified)

UVAMB7+ (kernel + modules)

UVDMD5+ (kernel + modules)

Insecure w/ init.d support

UVAMB7 (kernel only)

Stock UVAMB7 Recovery

DOWNLOAD

Stock UVAMB7 LTE Modem

DOWNLOAD

If you see Motodefier, please remember to hit his Thanks button! Without him, this wasnt possible. He put in a lot of time and effort in all of it and more importantly, he took ALL the risk while experimenting and learning about the device!

I hope this proves helpful to some of you!

:cool: Huge Thanks to all who are participating in this project, especially those of you who have been willing to test everything for us! :highfive:

:cowboy: Doc

Last edited:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
List of Markets with LTE

T-Mobile LTE is Currently Deployed in the Following Locations

Alabama
Birmingham
Decatur
Huntsville
Mobile
Montgomery
Tuscaloosa

Arizona
Phoenix
Tucson

Arkansas
Little Rock

California
Bakersfield
Fresno
Los Angeles
Modesto
Napa
Oakland
Oxnard
Riverside
Sacramento
Salinas
San Diego
San Francisco
San Jose
San Rafael
Santa Ana
Santa Barbara
Santa Cruz-Watsonville
Santa Rosa
Stockton
Vallejo-Fairfield

Colorado
Boulder
Denver

Connecticut
Bridgeport
New Haven

District of Columbia
Washington

Florida
Jacksonville
Lakeland-Winter Haven
Miami
Orlando
Sarasota
Tallahassee
Tampa
West Palm Beach

Georgia
Atlanta
Gainesville
Savannah

Hawaii
Honolulu

Illinois
Chicago

Indiana
Indianapolis
Lafayette

Kansas
Lawrence
Wichita

Kentucky
Lexington

Louisiana
New Orleans

Maryland
Baltimore

Massachusetts
Boston
Cambridge

Michigan
Ann Arbor
Detroit
Warren

Minnesota
Minneapolis

Missouri
Kansas City

Nevada
Las Vegas
Reno-Sparks

New Jersey
Atlantic City
Newark

New Mexico
Albuquerque

New York
Albany
Binghamton
Buffalo
Nassau
New York
Rochester
Syracuse

North Carolina
Charlotte
Durham
Greensboro-High Point
Raleigh
Winston-Salem

Ohio
Akron
Cleveland
Columbus
Dayton

Oklahoma
Bartlesville
Oklahoma City
Tulsa

Oregon
Portland
Salem

Pennsylvania
Erie
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh

Rhode Island
Providence

South Carolina
Charleston
Spartanburg
Greenville

Tennessee
Memphis
Nashville

Texas
Austin
College Station-Bryan
Dallas
El Paso
Fort Worth
Houston
San Antonio

Utah
Ogden
Provo-Orem
Salt Lake City

Virginia
Richmond
Virginia Beach

Washington
Bellingham
Kennewick
Mount Vernon
Seattle-Bellevue
Spokane

Puerto Rico
Mayagüez
Ponce
San Juan

Last edited:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Reverting to Stock and Unrooting

How To Revert To Stock

Using TWRP or CWM Recovery

Note: Do not forget to use Triangle Away to reset your binary counter if you are planning to make a warranty claim.
Note2: BACKUP! BACKUP! BACKUP!

Reboot into Recovery
Flash PureStock Rom
Flash the unmodified, Secure UVAMB7 Kernel
Flash Stock UVAMB7 Recovery

Next, if you want to wipe everything but your internal SD Card, Factory Reset before rebooting.
If you want a 100% clean, out of the box type device, reboot Recovery.
This should take you into the stock recovery you just flashed. Now Factory Reset.

Reboot Phone
(Last chance to run Triangle Away!)
Open SuperUser/SuperSU (app)
Find and select the option to Permanantly Unroot.
Reboot
:cowboy: Done!!! :cowboy:

Last edited:

Alpha_wolf

Dec 13, 2012
Marina
well tmobile said our device will be compatible with their lte network
so cant you just flash it on to the device? or the lte modems??

or am i missing something here??

Last edited:
B

Bass_Man25

ima take a risk and back up and hve odin on stand by and try to flash this lol
wish me is brick it shall be like a pillow and not a rock haha

Good luck and thanks for testing!

I wish you success :good:; and if it *does* fail, I hope you only get a nice soft fluffy brick.:silly:

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
If the roms are not compatible with the t999 it would be better to ad another forum for tmobile android development lte.
Remember that even on the international devices the lte version is not compatible with the none lte and they have another forum for it.
But in anycase this would not and never bring lte to the t999.

Reactions: jayfla

Alpha_wolf

Dec 13, 2012
Marina
If the roms are not compatible with the t999 it would be better to ad another forum for tmobile android development lte.
Remember that even on the international devices the lte version is not compatible with the none lte and they have another forum for it.
But in anycase this would not and never bring lte to the t999.

i been reading and i guess the lte modem was added to our jb update??
again could be wrong

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

can you try flashing the modem to see if you get lte

modem flashed and booted fine
but cm10 stable nor cm10.1 have lte icons i think so im kinda unable to test that and idk if tmobile has lte in my area nor can i find a coverage map for their lte . so has for speed idk

Romcrazguy

Sep 30, 2011
im using tw so i will take the hit and report back to see if the new modem gets LTE ..im not even sure of they update towers in Bmore

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Do go by what Icon you are seeing.. Provile screenshots of speed test and settings/about phone/status/mobile network type

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
The reason the international s3 isnt compatible is the partition layout is different. Not the case here.

Thanks for testing. Did you test on a T999 or the T999L?

I think they can be made to be compatible. The L can flash existing roms as I understand it. I tried with both the T999L kernel and the md5 kernel snd it stuck on splash for me as well. May have to do with drivers/modules? Ill look into it though.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
The T999 will not get LTE. The hardware is not there.
I Doubt the modem will brick a T999. Prob just wont work.
I know I dont have to say it, but its at your own risk on this stuff.
I mostly put it together for the T999L users to be able to go back to stock. Secondary is for development for the T999 for possible improvements.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Galaxy SIII
    LTE

SGH-T999L
    d2ltetmo

****This will NOT make a T999 model LTE capable!!! Simply put, it CANNOT happen!!!****

NOTE: It is CONFIRMED that the T999L modem, does NOT work on the original T999. It will not brick the device, but you will have no connectivity.

The same has also been confirmed for the AT&T GS3 - I747. It will almost certainly be exactly the same for ALL variants of the S3!!!!!

The ROM will work on a T999 with few to no problems though! (Ive been running it for about a week now!)

***See Post #3 for instructions on How to Return to Stock***

As most of you know, T-Mobile has recently released a new version of the Galaxy S3. Unfortunately, it seems that Samsung never releases a downloadable version of their firmware for newly released devices. This seems to be no execption, which means that there is no way to fully return to stock once you have rooted and begun flashing customs ROMs and whatnot. For Example: If you root by flashing CWM or TWRP, your stock recovery is now gone and there is no way to get it back......until now!
    Over the past several days, I have been working with Motodefier to solve this issue, and I believe we have done so! What we have is a way for users to return to stock if they so desire.

***********Motodefier and I have decided to delay the Odin version of the firmware for the T999L, just to be safe. There are too many unanswered questions and while I think we have it down and would be ready for use, I do not want anyone flashing it until I am certain it will not brick their phone. We have not given up on it though, and will keep you guys posted. In the meantime, we do have an alternative method using the recovery.

I believe Moto is planning a debloated release soon, so be on the lookout for T999L based custom roms to hopefully start coming out soon.

To all of you T999L owners, please do not expect the devs of current ROMs to release additional builds based on this. Their current releases should be able to work on your device as is anyway. I will put together an MB7 kernel + modules zip that you can flash on top of these ROMs in case any of them do not fully function on your device.
    In the end, any T999L builds will most likely come from people who actually own it.

Note: I do not have the T999L, so I unfortunately have to rely on others for testing. Where possible, I will test on my own device and will post the results. I will also be sure to label each item as Untested if it has not been.
    I am confident everything will work as intended. I wouldn't release it otherwise. If you do decide to try any of this, please post your results. If there are any issues, I will work to solve them right away.

**If you see an item that is untested and you do flash it, please post your results. If it fails please also PM me and Motodefier for further assistance.

*****In the event of ANY FAILURE :mad:. Send me and Motodefier a PM, and post here so others know. We will make it top priority to get you back to stock and running normally.

***Please see Post #2 for a list of any reported bugs/problems.

Build
    UVAMB7

*****ODIN Firmware*****

Stock System + Root___VERSION 2!
    (TESTED AND WORKING!!!)
    (This needs to be unzipped first)

Stock Recovery

Stock Kernel

Stock Firmware
    (NOT WORKING! Link Temporarily Removed) :(
    I suggest waiting until the others are tested before testing this one.

This contains the following underlying firmware partitions:

aboot.mbn
    NON-HLOS.bin (modem)
    rpm.mbn
    sbl2.mbn
    sbl3.mbn
    tz.mbn

Note: Together, these are the equivalent of a Full Firmware as you would normally use if an official one were available. Once each piece has been tested and found working, I will put together a single flashable that will put you back on stock. I will also release a root66 version.

I had posted a couple of these a couple of days ago, but apparently no one wanted to test or no one saw them and they got buried pretty quickly. This is a request for anyone willing to test them out. As usual, I tried my best to make sure they are safe to use. If they do not work, I believe they will fail almost instantly without actually flashing to the device. Also, as usual, i cannot guarantee this, nor that it will not brick your device. This is testing AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!! Please make sure you have a nandroid backup ready, just in case!

T999L BASED ROM
    Stock / Deodexed / CiQ Free

DOWNLOADS
    T999

T999L

*Busybox
    *Insecure Kernel (The T999 version includes the UVDMD5 kernel and modules)
    *Includes WiFi Band Switcher (Thanks to madmack for giving back the ability to choose 2.4 or 5Ghz WiFi bands!)
    *Everything else remains stock for you guys to do whatever you want with it!

T999L BASED ROM
    T999L PureSTOCK + Root

DOWNLOAD

*This is a virtually UNMODIFIED stock build for the T999L. The ONLY change is that it is rooted. There is a reason for this.
    *This will be the file used to flash back to stock in the event of problems or the need to send in under warranty.
    *Please see Post #3 for more information on how to use this to revert back to stock.

T999L UVAMB7 Firmware
    (Untested, but the script used as a template has been proven)

**Thanks to Aerowinder for the use of his script for this!

DOWNLOAD

*This is the underlying firmware that you would find in a full Odin flashable, stock firmware package.
    *Includes the following:

aboot - Apps Boot
    modem - Baseband/Modem/Radio
    rpm - Resource & Power Management
    sbl2 - Secondary Bootloader 2
    sbl3 - Secondary Bootloader 3
    tz - Trusted Zone

Stock Kernels

**The kernels with the '+' at the end will uninstall any 3rd party items that may have been flashed along with the kernel (i.e. ktoonsez's Kernel Tweaker App, modules, etc.) They also include the modules needed for everything to work properly using a Touchwiz build and kernel.
    **Thanks to enewman17 for the script used to accomplish this!

DOWNLOADS
    Recovery Flashable

Stock Secure (unmodified)

Insecure w/ init.d support

UVAMB7 (kernel only)

Stock UVAMB7 Recovery

DOWNLOAD

Stock UVAMB7 LTE Modem

DOWNLOAD

If you see Motodefier, please remember to hit his Thanks button! Without him, this wasnt possible. He put in a lot of time and effort in all of it and more importantly, he took ALL the risk while experimenting and learning about the device!

I hope this proves helpful to some of you!

:cool: Huge Thanks to all who are participating in this project, especially those of you who have been willing to test everything for us! :highfive:

:cowboy: Doc
    Guys lets not turn a rom thread into another LTE thread, kind of beating a dead horse now, and it does nothing for rom development on this rom. Easily can continue this productively over at the LTE discussion thread here.
    List of Markets with LTE

T-Mobile LTE is Currently Deployed in the Following Locations

Alabama
    Birmingham
    Decatur
    Huntsville
    Mobile
    Montgomery
    Tuscaloosa

Arizona
    Phoenix
    Tucson

Arkansas
    Little Rock

California
    Bakersfield
    Fresno
    Los Angeles
    Modesto
    Napa
    Oakland
    Oxnard
    Riverside
    Sacramento
    Salinas
    San Diego
    San Francisco
    San Jose
    San Rafael
    Santa Ana
    Santa Barbara
    Santa Cruz-Watsonville
    Santa Rosa
    Stockton
    Vallejo-Fairfield

Colorado
    Boulder
    Denver

Connecticut
    Bridgeport
    New Haven

District of Columbia
    Washington

Florida
    Jacksonville
    Lakeland-Winter Haven
    Miami
    Orlando
    Sarasota
    Tallahassee
    Tampa
    West Palm Beach

Georgia
    Atlanta
    Gainesville
    Savannah

Hawaii
    Honolulu

Illinois
    Chicago

Indiana
    Indianapolis
    Lafayette

Kansas
    Lawrence
    Wichita

Kentucky
    Lexington

Louisiana
    New Orleans

Maryland
    Baltimore

Massachusetts
    Boston
    Cambridge

Michigan
    Ann Arbor
    Detroit
    Warren

Minnesota
    Minneapolis

Missouri
    Kansas City

Nevada
    Las Vegas
    Reno-Sparks

New Jersey
    Atlantic City
    Newark

New Mexico
    Albuquerque

New York
    Albany
    Binghamton
    Buffalo
    Nassau
    New York
    Rochester
    Syracuse

North Carolina
    Charlotte
    Durham
    Greensboro-High Point
    Raleigh
    Winston-Salem

Ohio
    Akron
    Cleveland
    Columbus
    Dayton

Oklahoma
    Bartlesville
    Oklahoma City
    Tulsa

Oregon
    Portland
    Salem

Pennsylvania
    Erie
    Philadelphia
    Pittsburgh

Rhode Island
    Providence

South Carolina
    Charleston
    Spartanburg
    Greenville

Tennessee
    Memphis
    Nashville

Texas
    Austin
    College Station-Bryan
    Dallas
    El Paso
    Fort Worth
    Houston
    San Antonio

Utah
    Ogden
    Provo-Orem
    Salt Lake City

Virginia
    Richmond
    Virginia Beach

Washington
    Bellingham
    Kennewick
    Mount Vernon
    Seattle-Bellevue
    Spokane

Puerto Rico
    Mayagüez
    Ponce
    San Juan

Reverting to Stock and Unrooting

How To Revert To Stock

Using TWRP or CWM Recovery

Note: Do not forget to use Triangle Away to reset your binary counter if you are planning to make a warranty claim.
    Note2: BACKUP! BACKUP! BACKUP!

Reboot into Recovery
    Flash PureStock Rom
    Flash the unmodified, Secure UVAMB7 Kernel
    Flash Stock UVAMB7 Recovery

Next, if you want to wipe everything but your internal SD Card, Factory Reset before rebooting.
    If you want a 100% clean, out of the box type device, reboot Recovery.
    This should take you into the stock recovery you just flashed. Now Factory Reset.

Reboot Phone
    (Last chance to run Triangle Away!)
    Open SuperUser/SuperSU (app)
    Find and select the option to Permanantly Unroot.
    Reboot
    :cowboy: Done!!! :cowboy:

On the contrary, yes I risked my device for this effort, but without your patience, advices and awesome instruction this wouldn't have been possible from just my end either, so give thanks to DocHoliday77 also, it was a team effort!
    Sent from my SGH-T999L using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

No it is not currently confirmed

Sent from my SGH-T999L using xda app-developers app