[ROM] [Mako] [4.4.4] TeamEOS - The Revival || Bi-Weeklies

Search This thread

Connor Baker

May 9, 2012
EOS-Wall1.png

Welcome to EOS! The EOS project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co-founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, EOS has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. EOS is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Roster.png

Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer [Xoom || Galaxy Nexus || HTC One (M7)]
RaymanFX - Co-leader, AOSP code maintainer [Xperia S || Nexus 7 (2013) || OPPO N1 || OPPO Find7a]
jrior001 - Jenkins/Gerrit Admin, CAF code maintainer [HTC One X]
anders3408 - Frameworks Developer [OPPO Find5 || OPPO N1]
Roach - Frameworks Developer [Nexus 4 || Nexus 7 (2013) || HTC One (M8)]
Connor Baker [Nexus 4 || HP Touchpad]

features.png

Code:
NX Gesture Navigation Bar
EOS Weather Engine
Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
Softkeys Long-Press Actions
Network Indicator
Battery Indicator Mods
Clock Mods
T-Mobile Theme Engine
Force Navigation Bar on any device
Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
Advanced power menu with reboot options.
MORE...

credits.png

We give much love and respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded.

downloads.png

Team EOS Mako Nightly builds

Mako <<< Link >>>

GApps Package

Because this is an AOSP based ROM Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the ROM:

GApps <<< Link >>>

installation2.png

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.4.x COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.
Detailed instructions:

Going to EOS 4.4.x from a ROM < 4.4.x:
  • Backup everything!
  • Go to recovery
  • Make a full wipe / factory reset
  • format /system
  • Flash the ROM
  • Flash a different kernel if you so choose
  • Flash GApps
  • Reboot
Updating from EOS 4.4.x #XX to #YY:
You can usually skip the full wipe step.
If ever you encounter an issue make sure you make a full wipe first before reporting though.

Information.png

Mako comes with a near stock kernel.

Contribute
Gerrit Review
Jenkins Build System
Github
Kernel Source

XDA:DevDB Information
TeamEOS, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
Connor Baker, teameos
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-05-26
Last Updated 2014-12-26

Last edited:

Connor Baker

May 9, 2012
Welcome! A brief introduction to the philosophy behind TeamEOS is in order:

If you're looking for a project with every feature on the planet, then this ROM is not for you. TeamEOS incorporates features that revolve around simplicity.

TeamEOS took a brief hiatus to work with the CodefireX project. Unfortunately, that all ended up going south in a blaze of glory. In the TeamEOS repo, you'll see references to CFX code. That code was written by team lead of EOS, bigrushdog, and is thus rightly used in his project.

I run EOS on my Mako as my daily driver. I personally have not had any issues with it, and there are some lovely things in the works.

*A note about my builds:

My builds may have some things changed. They may have changes from Gerrit or may be using a different kernel, or are simply compiled at a different time by me. These builds are not representative of TeamEOS, and I am not responsible for any harm that may come to your device (or yourself as a result) should you choose to use them.

Last edited:

Connor Baker

May 9, 2012
IF/WHEN YOU REPORT A BUG:

Please make sure to do a full wipe, with no mods (fonts, kernels, etc.) installed, and see if the issue persists. This helps us narrow down what could be causing the issue. And please, please, include a log. There are a bunch of swell guides here on XDA that will help you get a log. I use this one as reference: Clicky-Click.

Last edited:
Reactions: jayRokk

Connor Baker

May 9, 2012
Support F2FS conversion? All Chinese like PA aokp like?

First part of your question is answered above.

I don't understand what you're asking in the second part though.

EDIT: If you were talking about Chinese language support, then maybe. If AOSP supports it, we support it. If it doesn't have it, you're always welcome to translate it and put it up on our Gerrit for review.

- Connor Baker

Last edited:

Jagdish84

Account currently disabled
May 1, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
Hey Connor, running the latest build for a couple of hours now accompanied with AKs kernel and it just feels great! Thank you! May I ask whether long pressing the volume rocker to skip tracks will be included in future builds? Or you guys decided against it? It's the only feature I actually miss using this rom.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

upilguebu

Mar 15, 2013
Hey Connor, running the latest build for a couple of hours now accompanied with AKs kernel and it just feels great! Thank you! May I ask whether long pressing the volume rocker to skip tracks will be included in future builds? Or you guys decided against it? It's the only feature I actually miss using this rom.

Yo man, try with franco kernel r208! Much flawless! :D

Connor Baker

May 9, 2012

Glad you're enjoying it! I brought the idea up to the team. However, if they don't find it useful, don't expect it to be merged in.

Yo man, try with franco kernel r208! Much flawless! :D

Glad that you're enjoying it as well.

NIce !

Whats the compilation used? Same as cfx? cuz that was blazing fast

This uses GCC 4.7. Nothing supremely fancy. While it does perform well, this ROM is definitely more feature and stability driven.

- Connor Baker

PS: When I have more free time, I'll switch it over to 4.8-Linaro for Mako builds. I'm most likely not going to touch the kernel to try to make it better, as there are already a bunch of people on here who understand the Linux Kernel far better than I do. I recommend any of the kernels that you find on this site. It's mostly just personal preference.

IF/WHEN YOU REPORT A BUG (It's in the third post now!): Please make sure to do a full wipe, with no mods (fonts, kernels, etc.) installed, and see if the issue persists. This helps us narrow down what could be causing the issue. And please, please, include a log. There are a bunch of swell guides here on XDA that will help you get a log. I use this one as reference: Clicky-Click.

Reactions: upilguebu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EOS-Wall1.png

Welcome to EOS! The EOS project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co-founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, EOS has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. EOS is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Roster.png

Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer [Xoom || Galaxy Nexus || HTC One (M7)]
    RaymanFX - Co-leader, AOSP code maintainer [Xperia S || Nexus 7 (2013) || OPPO N1 || OPPO Find7a]
    jrior001 - Jenkins/Gerrit Admin, CAF code maintainer [HTC One X]
    anders3408 - Frameworks Developer [OPPO Find5 || OPPO N1]
    Roach - Frameworks Developer [Nexus 4 || Nexus 7 (2013) || HTC One (M8)]
    Connor Baker [Nexus 4 || HP Touchpad]

features.png

Code:
    NX Gesture Navigation Bar
    EOS Weather Engine
    Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
    Softkeys Long-Press Actions
    Network Indicator
    Battery Indicator Mods
    Clock Mods
    T-Mobile Theme Engine
    Force Navigation Bar on any device
    Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
    Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
    Advanced power menu with reboot options.
    MORE...

credits.png

We give much love and respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded.

downloads.png

Team EOS Mako Nightly builds

Mako <<< Link >>>

GApps Package

Because this is an AOSP based ROM Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the ROM:

GApps <<< Link >>>

installation2.png

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.4.x COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.
    Detailed instructions:

Going to EOS 4.4.x from a ROM < 4.4.x:
    • Backup everything!
    • Go to recovery
    • Make a full wipe / factory reset
    • format /system
    • Flash the ROM
    • Flash a different kernel if you so choose
    • Flash GApps
    • Reboot
    Updating from EOS 4.4.x #XX to #YY:
    You can usually skip the full wipe step.
    If ever you encounter an issue make sure you make a full wipe first before reporting though.

Information.png

Mako comes with a near stock kernel.

Contribute
    Gerrit Review
    Jenkins Build System
    Github
    Kernel Source

XDA:DevDB Information
    TeamEOS, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
    Connor Baker, teameos
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-05-26
    Last Updated 2014-12-26
    Also, as of tonight's (or possibly tomorrow night's) builds, 4.4.3 is rolling out! Yaaaay!

- Connor Baker
    Alright guys. Test time.

I have here a test build, compiled with a new kernel (new toolchain 4.9-linaro-a15), and platform compiled 4.9.

There's also been some movement on our bionic, so new bionic optimizations as well.

The only thing that I've found to be not-working is ART, which gives such a crap-ton of FCs that the phone doesn't fully boot. But honestly, this thing is fast enough on dalvik that it doesn't matter.

Happy testing: http://downloads.codefi.re/connorbaker/eos/mako

Warm regards,
    Connor Baker

EDIT:

Spotted another issue. My bad for not running with GApps. It appears that GCC 4.9 and Linaro 4.9 toolchains cause weird icons in the Play Store. Harmless, but trippy. Thanks for the thanks by the way, but how is it running? I've been devoting a lot of work to the Touchpad recently, and I'm sorry that I left you guys out in the cold.
    Welcome! A brief introduction to the philosophy behind TeamEOS is in order:

If you're looking for a project with every feature on the planet, then this ROM is not for you. TeamEOS incorporates features that revolve around simplicity.

TeamEOS took a brief hiatus to work with the CodefireX project. Unfortunately, that all ended up going south in a blaze of glory. In the TeamEOS repo, you'll see references to CFX code. That code was written by team lead of EOS, bigrushdog, and is thus rightly used in his project.

I run EOS on my Mako as my daily driver. I personally have not had any issues with it, and there are some lovely things in the works.

*A note about my builds:

My builds may have some things changed. They may have changes from Gerrit or may be using a different kernel, or are simply compiled at a different time by me. These builds are not representative of TeamEOS, and I am not responsible for any harm that may come to your device (or yourself as a result) should you choose to use them.
    Here's the special build: http://downloads.codefi.re/connorbaker/eos/mako

You're going to want to grab the one with "Special" in the title. It's got furnace kernel as default, and has the Snapdragon Audio+ dsp included. I was able to get it up by using the AOSP music player included in the build, and selecting sound enhancements from the now-playing screen. (via the overflow menu icon in the nav-bar). I have another build going with about eight or so changes from our gerrit, and I'll upload that one tomorrow after I make sure it boots.

Warm regards,
    Connor Baker

Thanks for the new post idea @justthefacts!