GSM Voice call from Galaxy Tab 10.1v.

Search This thread

rs125

Oct 28, 2007
Curinga, Calabria
scusa la domanda forse cretina.
c'è una guida per sbloccare il gsm sul galaxy tab 7 per cui vanno installate (sempre sul tab 7) prima due rom poi il modem.
è possibile flashare il 10.1v con quelle rom e installare quel modem per vedere solo se la parte phone si sblocca?

Nono...assolutamente ma da li possiamo prendere vari moduli per il test anche se il nostro Android 3.0 è ben diverso ;)

Ninth ... absolutely, but from there we can take various forms for the test even though our Android 3.0 is quite different;)

Knorpel

May 21, 2007
Berlin
Thx, guys. Works on my 10.1v very nice. SMS and Whatsapp jippie, it works. Sorry for my english. I´m from germany

many greetz from berlin

phlurm

Aug 7, 2011
Also thanks from me, sms is working fine, whatssapp not, it is registering but still not see any contacts.:-((

rs125

Oct 28, 2007
Curinga, Calabria
This is my dev:

sc20110828041450.jpg

Citrusbomb

Sep 21, 2009
@rs125

Looking good mate, Im guessing Chiamata is phone settings of some sorts and that the "Chiamata" tab is new in the settings but not sure what the rest sais :S.

Did you get the tab to actually make a voice call?

rs125

Oct 28, 2007
Curinga, Calabria
@rs125

Looking good mate, Im guessing Chiamata is phone settings of some sorts and that the "Chiamata" tab is new in the settings but not sure what the rest sais :S.

Did you get the tab to actually make a voice call?

Oh no ... but I am trying in every way to turn it ...
I think that now lacks only some modules that do not yet know :)

Help me to develop this function ;)

D

Deleted member 2136416

Anyone used this in combination with Seo's 3.1 rom?

thx

Reactions: seo

seo

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2005
Plovdiv
Anyone used this in combination with Seo's 3.1 rom?

thx

don't waste your time trying the combination. won't work trust me

just tweaking com.android.settings.Utils.isVoiceCapable() won't do the trick, because:

1. SecPhone / com.android.phone
2. TelephonyManager
3. RIL

you need a hardcore smali hacker even to make it "partialy work" (without the ability to make calls of course). I am not going to even try. would be an epic waste of time.

and there is still RIL issue so it's unlikely to get it done.
we should be happy we have sms functionality with latest 7500 (touchwiz) modem.

so, seriously, don't waste your time trying to get voicecall on 10.1 / 1v tab. there are things we can do. there are things we can do with lot of hackig work. and there are some we can't do at all. we have to live with that :)

Reactions: karthikcs

mbh017

Dec 10, 2010
Thank you for your work ! :)

I've just got the 3G version of Galaxy Tab 10.1... and what a dispointement when I see that there is no possibility to make calls...

(I come from a Galaxy Tab 7" with great call capacity)

It will be wonderfull if a patch/hack will be found to make gsm calls : it's realy the only big lack of this tablet... It will be the perfect tablet for me !!!

(I'm sorry but I didn't know anithing about coding and hacking but I hope someone will found a solution to thi problem...)

shagkie

Dec 14, 2010
This is pretty much what is stopping me from getting my hands on one of these tablet. The 10.1 look awesome compared to the women sanitary product v2. I also hope that one of you smart hacker come through, god save us all from the evil fruity empire!

Nov 9, 2009
yes I'm waiting my tab can make gsm call. why it can work with flyer and xoom but won't with my tab. Go DEV.... we are waiting

hajjinm

Sep 27, 2011
Any update about tunning the galaxt tab 10.1 3G to make GSM calls?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

I am trying to enable GSM voice call on Galaxy Tab 10.1v. So far I tried to change some config values in firmware but no luck. I though I should open this thread to get some traction on this topic.

So far my findings are SGT 10.1v is cable to make/receive GSM voice call as it has the supported hardware and its only blocked via software.

I will keep trying, if anyone have done something like that please share your knowledge.

Thanks

A Newbie in Android development/A Pro in .NET
    Added steps to upload modem.img

Please follow the steps to install modem.img
    Phone calls are really working!

Hello
    First of all I tried method by Smithsonian. I tried it with official CM9, but phone calls and even data network doesn´t work!

But I have another good news too! :) I flashed modem.bin from Galaxy R I9103 ICS ROM to Galaxy Tab 10.1 with official ICS ROM and it really works!!!

My method was:
    1) Install the latest official ICS ROM for Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 from here. (flash via ODIN)
    2) Install pershoot´s CWM recovery from here. (flash via ODIN)
    3) Extract the modem.bin from Galaxy R ROM which is here and create CWM flashable zip file.
    You can find it below. It is file named "CWM_I9103XXLQ3_Modem.zip".
    4) Flash new modem via CWM recovery mode.
    To this point everything works like charm! 2G/3G data network works good!

5) To manage phone functions and phone app (phone.apk is in the system, but is disabled) I modified bools.xml file in framework-res.apk. Just changed line with "voice capable" from "false" to "true".
    Code:
    <bool name="config_voice_capable">false</bool>
    Than I flashed it back. How to make it is written here or here. My modified framework-res.apk you can find below. It is file named "update.zip" which is prepared to flash via CWM recovery mode. (This "update.zip" file is ONLY for official ICS ROM from the link above!)

After reboot system the phone app was there!!! :) But many apps get me "force closed" warning!!!
    I closed these warnings and open samsung´s phone app. I tried to call the phone number in my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and tablet was really ringing and I could answer the call. Calling from tablet works too! :)
    But it still gives me some "force closed" warning from some apps and I don´t know why.
    Maybe someone could solved that problem and get Galaxy Tab 10.1 with voice call function working for daily use! :)

Sorry for my bad English and good luck! :)

Files to download:
    CWM_I9103XXLQ3_Modem.zip http://ulozto.net/xytHJAT/cwm-i9103xxlq3-modem-zip
    update.zip http://ulozto.net/xzxk4GJ/update-zip
    GSM Voice Call

Hello everybody
    I managed to make a GSM voice call with my device GT-P7300 using the following steps
    1- flashing modem.bin extracted from I9103 rom using ADBTool thanks to suwandiapr and his article
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1539352
    2-installed Cyanogens mod 9.
    but in general the rom is not stable and camera not working and I prefer to go back for the Samsung rom since I need Google maps and other program not working with this rom and keep on crashing
    Wish everybody good luck