[Q] Superuser Problems Help!

Search This thread
B

brewsterj98

Hey, Ok so i updated my Huawei u8650 to android 4.4.2 and something went wrong with my root. I can open superuser and it shows my binary and all that and it says im rooted but when i go to a app that requires root access like terminal emulator for example and i type in the command su. nothing happens it just goes to the next line. and i tried to mount my SD card partition in link2sd and it said that the script cant be created because its not allowed to su.

I thought it could be that superuser just wasn't allowing permissions but i open superuser and there's no apps, no logs or anything. I checked my settings and they're all fine and i even tried to use SuperSU instead and i still got the same thing. There's no prompt to allow access either. I don't know if the apps are just not trying to get root access or what? No app can get root permission and i need to get this fixed so i can fix some bugs on the rom. Please Help.

Thanks to all who attempt or do help. Ill be sure to hit thanks for u. :)

Vaibhav Chauhan

Feb 17, 2014
Dahod, Gujarat
Hey, Ok so i updated my Huawei u8650 to android 4.4.2 and something went wrong with my root. I can open superuser and it shows my binary and all that and it says im rooted but when i go to a app that requires root access like terminal emulator for example and i type in the command su. nothing happens it just goes to the next line. and i tried to mount my SD card partition in link2sd and it said that the script cant be created because its not allowed to su.

I thought it could be that superuser just wasn't allowing permissions but i open superuser and there's no apps, no logs or anything. I checked my settings and they're all fine and i even tried to use SuperSU instead and i still got the same thing. There's no prompt to allow access either. I don't know if the apps are just not trying to get root access or what? No app can get root permission and i need to get this fixed so i can fix some bugs on the rom. Please Help.

Thanks to all who attempt or do help. Ill be sure to hit thanks for u. :)

i have never used this phone even never shown but i am trying to help you
i think you should change the superuser app that you are using
download the latest version of super user

B

brewsterj98

i have never used this phone even never shown but i am trying to help you
i think you should change the superuser app that you are using
download the latest version of super user

thank u! u are the only one out of 50 people who's viewed this that's even attempted to help.
I am currently on the latest superuser app and i've also tried Super su as well and both do not do anything.

B

brewsterj98

lol..
i'm not saying to reboot
i'm saying to root it again(reroot)

oh xD well i tried that and it still wont give anything permissions. when i try to go into root explorer it says " cannot obtain root" then it gives me a error saying "char* ttyname(int)(3) is not implemented on android". i couldn't find anything on google about the error either.

B

brewsterj98

sorry i don't know about the rooting method of this device

i rooted by SRSroot first then first got the error then i unrooted and re-rooted by using the kingo root method but still received the same error. they are both windows programs u can run for root on multiple devices. They use USB debugging to root then device reboots and bam your rooted.

i used those methods because i tried to just flash the binary files through cwm recovery and it never actually installed into system. The two methods above installed binary and rooted my device but i cant give root access to any apps including superuser or supersu.

Last edited:
B

brewsterj98

If anyone can help me with this it would be appreciated because i hit a wall and don't know what to do. No apps can get root permissions and i cant fix my play store, WiFi, speakers or theme chooser until the root is properly working because the methods to fix those bugs need root to function. so please if anyone has knowledge or any idea why i have root but cant get access please help me out.

Last edited:

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
If anyone can help me with this it would be appreciated because i hit a wall and don't know what to do. No apps can get root permissions and i cant fix my play store, WiFi, speakers or theme chooser until the root is properly working because the methods to fix those bugs need root to function. so please if anyone has knowledge or any idea why i have root but cant get access please help me out.

If there is a custom recovery available for your device I would recommend flashing that and then flashing the latest SuperSU.zip package in recovery. Part of the problem is the orginal Superuser (by ChainsDD) while excellent at the time is now extremely outdated and no longer really be maintained, as a result make sure you flash a Superuser package compatible with Android 4.4.2 such as the latest version of SuperSU.

B

brewsterj98

If there is a custom recovery available for your device I would recommend flashing that and then flashing the latest SuperSU.zip package in recovery. Part of the problem is the orginal Superuser (by ChainsDD) while excellent at the time is now extremely outdated and no longer really be maintained, as a result make sure you flash a Superuser package compatible with Android 4.4.2 such as the latest version of SuperSU.

Where can i find it at? I have recovery on here but i cant seem to find the file. At this point i'll try anything.

B

brewsterj98

Rooted again with SRSroot and still cannot get root access.........please help me out.

B

brewsterj98

I cant install root checker pro for some reason. I have the basic version installed, is that good enough?

B

brewsterj98

The basic version will work just fine for our needs.

OK so root checker says i have root access but i still cant access root permissions in apps. I took some screenshots of Link2sd, Terminal Emulator and root explorer so you can see what exactly is going on. I get some weird error in link2sd and root explorer that i have no clue what it is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-01-19-50-56.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-01-19-50-56.png
    53 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2014-06-01-19-51-41.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-01-19-51-41.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_2014-06-01-19-53-18.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-01-19-53-18.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2014-06-01-19-53-35.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-01-19-53-35.png