Overclocking XDA2 to 796 Mhz!

Search This thread

unapproachable2kx

Apr 4, 2004
I rmember that my device ran 530 on phm when I has 1.60 Rom.
Do you think there can be the problem? maybe in radio stack?

Now,I can play Worms,Tiger Woods pa tour golf on 530mhz..but when I try to play a video file on Windows Media,like the WinMedia video demo,it freezes!

DanTheMan

Jul 21, 2004
I tried the other tool XCPU programe and I got my xda 1 running 624 mhz! Video playback is ok and it seems to be running faster than before, much easier than overclocking a pc.

HDJ80

Oct 22, 2003
Seville
Please, somebody can put here the file.
I am in the beach with only Qtek2020 and i can't download the file from the link.
Thanks.

unapproachable2kx

Apr 4, 2004
Hey,after a Hard Reset my device run smoothly on 530Mhz..
I've benchmarked several times with GX Benchmark and obtained a surprise..

Like:

-400Mhz : 1352
-530Mhz Bluetooth OFF :1615
-530Mhz Bluetooth ON : 1753

Faster frequencies give only lower performance.
But what the hell about Bluetooth,how it affects to system performance?

Mi_

Jul 29, 2004
Hello,
I tried the program, it's working fine, theoretically my best overclock is 597 MHz CPU/99 MHz memory but I should benchmark to confirm. What benchmark software do you recommend ?

When is the CPU entering Turbo Mode ?

I only regret the downclocking function of CPUScalar, I think that save a lot of battery.

cruisin-thru

Jul 20, 2003
Gloucestershire England.
I uninstalled xcpuscalar on xda1 after discovering it wont work, I keep getting notification error "cant run xcpuscaler.exe". any idea how to rid myself of this, it pops up everytime I press the power button to use the phone.

jplanelles

Jan 24, 2004
Barcelona
Re: OverClock

"But however the only way I can keep OverClock running is to not display my Today (Desktop) screen. The program will close everytime I minimise it and reverting back to 400MHz.[/quote]My program changes the CPU speed only when you press the "apply" button. After then you can safely close it. The device would revert to 400 mhz after entering the sleep state or in some other reasons. Later I'll make my program resident so that it would continuously keep the device overclocked. I'll post a new version here."
Sorry but I can't minimize or don't close the program! Every time the machine sleep, the speed returns to the original one ... What can I do?

Thanks!

mtbsoft

Jun 1, 2004
Perth
unapproachable2kx said:
My problem is that on 530Mhz my XDA2 freezes on Hard Processing Applications..like Windows Media Player,Pocket Quake,Etc..
Do you think is related to applications I have in background like: Spb Pocket Plus-MultIE and Caller ID monitor?
Someone can confirm that your ppc runs with no problems on 530mhz and more? if yes,what app do you have in background?
thanx
I've been overclocking (using PHM) for months and have found no specific app's which cause any problems and I have a very full Today screen, including PP, plus numerous other apps running, though not IA_Caller_ID.

As a beta tester for PHM2004 I've pushed my device pretty far and have actually been to 1658.88MHz without a lockup, however at that speed the SDRAM multiplier being at 1/2x means the RAM is the bottleneck and the device is not that fast.

My device currently scales between (L/M/N) 40/4/1 [592MHz], 36/4/1 [528MHz], 32/4/1 [472MHz] and 27/4/1 [399MHz], all with SDRAM multiplier at 1x and all in Turbo mode. The built-in benchmark mechanism of PHM2004 shows these to be the best speeds in each frequency range(L).

For a good free benchmarker, go to SpbSoftwareHouse and look for their benchmark tool, GXMark is good but biased towards the graphics benefits, Spb's is more generic.