Stock-Multi Window

Search This thread

Iams1002

Mar 19, 2013
Managua
Why dont you move this to developing section?

I think you will get more support in developing section, i have a 7 tab, but not sure of what i should do, and there are more people to test it!, im using floating notifications and xhalo app with its xposed module, i have the resizable apps, but i would like the sidebar.

rust991

Dec 12, 2012
So, i am also having it freeze at the boot loader. What recovery is everyone using? It seems that after flashing the zip it's deleting the system. Could it be a problem with my custom recovery?

I'm going to try and manually install

rust991

Dec 12, 2012
For some odd reason I can get it to flash on a stock odexed rom with root and recovery, but get a boot loop when I use a deodexed custom rom (stockrom v3.01)

It only force closes when you try to do anything on the stock odexed
Sent from my SM-T210R using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

VIRGIN KLM

Feb 27, 2013
@THEDEVIOUS1 Dunno if you're still working on this but I'm really interested in it.

Also I wanted you to know that for Tab 3 7.0 you could port it from SM-T217S that has native multiwindow instead of porting it from Tab 3 8.0 as the DPI would match perfectly and it wouldn't make anything crazy with any apps since the source is technicaly the same Tab but just the Sprint version.

As for Tab 3 10.1 when I get mine I'll test whatever you want.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok...allow me to explain myself for u and anyone else who may be reading to further understand. The systemui method is not only a superior version of multiwindow in almost every way it's also the only real "guaranteed" method to get the mod going...the drawback back being that i have to check thousands of lines of code so the probability that i will miss a few is high especially when i attempt to take shortcuts. The flashbar method seems to be close to functioning but thats exactly the point where people have been stuck at for 100+ pages in other forums (epic 4g touch is a classic example) and truth be told is much more of a guessing game which is why i put it on the back burner for the time being. So with that said...i promise we will pick back up on the flashbar version soon as i make sure the systemui version is impossible to implement but again there is NO reason this shouldnt work. I have attached another copy below that i took my time to check against the original files & found 2 errors so hopefully this is the magic fix...if not i ask that u please be patient with me and we will get this thing done. If i havent told u yet then let me tell u now...i defintely appreciate the assistance so whenever u get your pc fixed i'll be ready :highfive:

View attachment SystemUI.apk

EDIT: i see a few other people have been peeping out this post (this is for @perknite in particular since i forgot to tell u when u were testing :silly:) so in case u guys take a shot at this i would just like to note that u need to add the line qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 to the bottom of your build prop in order to get the navbar/soft buttons & mini apps tray to appear
    Multiwindow mod tester needed!

I assume that the stock rom has the multi window option?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Not on 10.1 :(

Sent from my GT-P5210 using xda app-developers app

I dont know why it doesnt have it, it makes no sense, what kind of requirements does the multiwindow need? Ram? 1gig is enough, ask the s3, Cpu? Cmon

The tab 3, specially the 10.1 should have this

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4

just wanted to drop in & introduce myself...i'm the developer of the multiwindow mod for several other tablets such as the tab plus, tab 2, 7.7, and note 8 (5-layout version). I think its possible that we could get multiwindow working on the the tab 3 but i'm going to need a dedicated tester (for both the 7" and 10" version) who knows how to manually install files & set permissions (which means u guys MIGHT need TWRP or AROMA) although the packages below SHOULD be ok to flash. Also...u will need to be rooted & deodexed as well and don't forget to indicate which device & variant u are using (7 or 10 inch...wifi or 3g model number)

here goes a quick test zip for the 7" ONLY...u MAY have to extract the files and install manually due to flashable zip issues i've been having

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7yxeu9x48ILbGtJWThoUjdLQVE/edit?usp=sharing
    ^T21x MULTIWINDOW TEST 1

here goes 2 test zips for the 10" ONLY...u MAY have to extract the files and install manually due to flashable zip issues i've been having

View attachment P52xxMultiWindowModTest1.zip
    View attachment P52xxMultiWindowModTest2.zip
    ^P52xx MULTIWINDOW TEST

View attachment SystemUI.apk
    ^5-LAYOUT SYSTEMUI (this is for the 7" owners ONLY....install this file BY ITSELF to see if your tab will still boot)

DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE...BE SURE TO BACKUP BEFORE U BEGIN AS ALWAYS!
    :laugh:
    No more force closes for the systemui, but there are no restore icon to be seen anywhere, mini apps arrow functions but only show mini apps and splanner doesn't force close without the com.sec.feature.multiwindow.xml this time.

thats good news but now we have a serious problem...that one xml is responsible for EVERYTHING multiwindow related so i have to hunt down the piece of code that connects to that file wherever it is and kill it
    I've got directely the force close of FlashbarService when booting in to system. (after the configuration correctely done, the Xposed ect...)
    It's worse than before...

SGT 3 10" p5210

can't u just only remove flash bar service and give a try ?

and why there is only flash bar apk in tab 2 there is multi windows and launcher and other stuff with apk format in app folder

Is there anything new ??

ok...so what i have decided to do is put together a collection of flashbar files that u can swap out the one in the test zip with. They are organized in folders according to device...hopefully one is the magic combination and if so please let me know which number it is so i can update the test zip

install instructions (10.1 users only)
    1. download an alternative launcher (i use apex personally)
    2. flash the test zip below (if they do not flash properly then u may need to manually install using root explorer, twrp, etc.)
    3. swap out the flashbar file in "system/app" with one from the collection zip below
    4. install xposed framework then reboot

View attachment P52xxMultiWindowModTest3.zip
    ^10.1 TEST 3

View attachment FlashBars.zip
    ^FLASHBAR COLLECTION (this is NOT a flashable zip...open the package, pick a flashbar to swap out the one in the test zip with then flash again)
    Done steps 1 to 4, using Apex launcher, enabled apps don't have the "restore down" icon anywhere, but samsung apps like handrite do, touching them does nothing.
    Rotating screen with systemui from post #67 gives system ui force close too :D takes a lot of skill not to have it force close upon start up.

Please advice next steps to be taken.

BTW, I did not have the xposed tablet UI module installed this time. I did have the build.prop line added.

Ok...I'm away from my system right now but just to let u know what's next I'm gonna bake some more android.policy and multiwindow.jar combos as well as triple check the systemui for errors

i found one obvious error...test this version and see if it force closes
    View attachment SystemUI.apk (test this version first)

here's another file to try while i'm at it...if neither of these work we'll focus on the flashbar version for a while
    View attachment SystemUI2.apk (remove the "2" before installing)