problem with flashing rom
Hi all my name is Gaurav and i'm from India.First of all i want to thank all you guys at xda of the support and help you are providing to people(noobs)like me and making our experience of using the smartphones much more smarter and enjoyable.
I own a SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 GT I9300 with following details
1) ANDROID VERSION-4.1.2
2) BASEBAND VERSION-I9300DDEMG2
3) KERNEL VERSION-3.0.31-1292854 dpi@DELL312*1
4) BUILD NUMBER-JZ054K.I9300XXEMG5
I've recently roote my phone via odin and have the latest CWM recovery installed
My questions are:-
1) while downloading roms should i go for roms which are based on my android version ie 4.1.2 or can i flash any roms based on any android version?
2) Which GAPPS are available for SGS3GT I9300? should i go for GAPPS for my android version 4.1.2 or any GAPPS?
3) I today tried to flash AVATAR rom "avatar-nightly_3.1-636-20130823-NIGHTLY-i9300" and gapps-jb-20121011-signed and followed the entire procedure of wiping dalvik cache and all but on rebooting got a message that AVATAR ROM HAS DETECTED A CRASH and SET WIZARD HAS FAILED.Please tell me what did i do wrong?
Thanks to so many tutorials by xda members i had already backed up my previous rom so i'm safe but i want to flash a new rom,kindly help
Anticipating a quick response..........zillion thanks in advance