[NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 9 Discussion Thread

Search This thread

eybee1970

Jan 22, 2010
I just made a theme I personally like (I hate the ICS blueish....), maybe some of you feel the same ;)...it's made out of black infinitum theme (the most of it) and a orange MIUI-like....it fits to v2 and will most probably to v3...I will upload soon but won't make an extra thread in theme section, as it is not really my work....attached some screens:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-05-03-09-04-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-03-09-04-48.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 668
  • Screenshot_2012-05-03-09-04-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-03-09-04-57.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 607
  • Screenshot_2012-05-03-09-05-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-03-09-05-06.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 609
  • Screenshot_2012-05-03-09-05-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-03-09-05-20.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 632

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Hi, Barracuda77777, You mean can after flash CM9, than flash the abyss 4.2 red pill kernel ? no need to flash back CM9 ?

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

And the battery not feel hot....feel a little warm, not hot...

no my observation was only to do with the fact that the slow charging is tied up to the kernel and not the Rom. So please follow the directions in the original post by the Developer.

easycure1974

Nov 22, 2005
Eskilstuna
I just made a theme I personally like (I hate the ICS blueish....), maybe some of you feel the same ;)...it's made out of black infinitum theme (the most of it) and a orange MIUI-like....it fits to v2 and will most probably to v3...I will upload soon but won't make an extra thread in theme section, as it is not really my work....attached some screens:

Looking good :)

Reactions: eybee1970

anilisanil

Mar 1, 2012
Pune
You get at least a dozen apple-polishing points for this wunderbar post.

I'm not your bro, bro.

That's not sarcasm, that's genuine. I am nobody's bro here, and I hate being addressed as one.
And thank you very much for your commanding post.

So what's the deal here?

I thought it was you who provoked him, if his post was apple-polishing what value did the above posts add to the thread?

Not supporting anyone here, but may be there is scope for some better sense to prevail!

P.S: Neither this post made sense!

Reactions: drashish36

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
USB "normal" current is 500mA. The kernel was configured to take 450mA, which I raised to 500mA for the next build. You'll tell me if there's any enhancement on that side.
At the same time, AC charging was at 650mA, raised to 700.
This, plus Entropy's controller change.

Well, you'll see I reverted the 50 mA bump - the values in sec_battery_u1.c do NOT do what you expect, the only thing that matters there is whether it's 450 mA or less, as all of the charger drivers turn out to have only two settings and they decide based on whether they are passed a value greater than or less than 450.

The root problem of all the issues was that some notes have the SMB136 charger chip and some have an SMB328 - the driver for the 328 wasn't enabled.

This will improve charging performance quite a bit, but there's still more potentially to be had. I'm charging at 750 mA or so now, it SHOULD be 950, i'll be working on that in the next day or two.

As to battery getting hot while charging - I can't reproduce that, my temperatures are fine. You have a misbehaving app.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I can't see 5Ghz wifi networks, 2.4Ghz works fine.

Thanks for your work!

Whoops, forgot to include this in my multi-quote.

I still haven't figured out how to properly handle multiple wifi region settings (ccode=xx) for nvram_net.txt - it's GB by default but needs to be a different value depending on which region the user is in. One of the higher things on my TODO list.

lcmazza

Dec 4, 2011
So, after about 24 hours with a reflash from the LP6 modem, SODs are gone. I was getting like one SOD every 3 hours the phone was sleeping. It seems to be gone. All I did was reflash my modem (LP6) using mobile Odin.
I hope it can help people with the same problem, as this has being reported by another thread.

PS: About the provocations... Well, I like it. :D We're not robots (in every sense of the word) to behave like automated idiots.

ronald.perez

Apr 27, 2008
Guys my musics (mp3) library are double I'm using power amp, anyone can help me fix it?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

nizammoidu

Jan 4, 2011
Dubai
www.maxters.net
I was on stunner flashed abyssNotekernel42 through recovery,again cm9 through recovery. everything is smooth great battery life. thanks a lot for devs,
My question is why is titanium backup not supported i was able to restore my apps successfully ?:confused:

matius44

Feb 24, 2011
Sunderland
Guys my musics (mp3) library are double I'm using power amp, anyone can help me fix it?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Are they on external sd card? If so un mount it from Settings > Storage, wipe power amp data from Settings > Apps then go back and mount your external sd card again and wait for your media scanner..

If not then wipe data of MediaStorage from Settings > Apps and reboot or trigger a media using any app from matket..

I was on stunner flashed abyssNotekernel42 through recovery,again cm9 through recovery. everything is smooth great battery life. thanks a lot for devs,
My question is why is titanium backup not supported i was able to restore my apps successfully ?:confused:

It's not supported because some apps restores may cause issues to the ROM stability hence the warning..

Reactions: nizammoidu

lev04

May 11, 2011
can someone help me understand how to import my contacts from a vcf file?!i just don't understand how this works in aosp roms,including cm9!!
When i import it,it shows my contacts including those from my email,but I don't have the option to display just contacts with phone number,like in GB.
I would appreciate a little help please!Thank you!

drashish36

May 28, 2009
New Delhi
So what's the deal here?

I thought it was you who provoked him, if his post was apple-polishing what value did the above posts add to the thread?

Not supporting anyone here, but may be there is scope for some better sense to prevail!

P.S: Neither this post made sense!

I totally agree all these posts were uncalled for..

P.S-Slow down on your sarcastic comments and pics..Offends people like "bro" offends you.Think about it

lcmazza

Dec 4, 2011
Reporting current status

Known issues as of experimental build #2

Speakerphone is a bit broken
Movie Studio is broken => Fixed for build #3
DSP Manager not working properly => Fixed for build #3
USB OTG doesn't work
MHL doesn't work
Touchkeys not vibrating => Fixed for build #3
Some apps not showing in Market => Fixed for build #3
Slow charging on USB => Fixed in build #3