Any Ex S3 User

Search This thread

Bus Driver

May 9, 2011
Malaysia
Thinking of jump ship to HTC with the Butterfly... always been with Samsung . Any ex S3 users can chime in on the UI ? Anything that you miss from the S3? Thanks

Update: Just got my Butterfly today and I must say it's gorgeous! Getting aquainted with Sense...

Last edited:

xircoms

Aug 29, 2007
Thinking of jump ship to HTC with the Butterfly... always been with Samsung . Any ex S3 users can chime in on the UI ? Anything that you miss from the S3? Thanks

Instead of jumping to butterfly, if available go for S3-LTE (2gb, Quad Core) if you are into emails, native client of S3 is far superior then HTC. Large HD display does add value, however rest not much of a difference.

ant178

Feb 20, 2013

S3 felt smoother stock vs stock. Not much of a difference, the butterfly physically feels more like a premium phone though. Not really worth going thru the trouble upgrading

Reactions: Bus Driver

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
I hardly used Touchwiz (I actually hate it) ... so if you really like Touchwiz then it will be a learning curve for you ... if you can work on Android independent of tools/launchers then its no big deal

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

All I can say is that I think HTC is the only company which comes close to the fluidity and design sense of Apple (no pun intended!)

xchasa

Dec 29, 2010
I miss sense now I'm using touchwiz.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
I still have my S3 but I am enjoying my Butterfly a lot. Any issues I have is because I have the x920e and the Chinese Govt. have gone to great lengths to neuter any form of Google functionality.

As a personal preference, I like Sense more than I do TW. So at the moment, my S3 has been in my desk drawer collecting dust.

Reactions: Bus Driver

sebastianlow

Mar 26, 2011
Singapore
I think TouchWiz is really cartoonish and not as polished as Sense. The Sense E-mail app is much nicer to use in my opinion, then the G-mail one. I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and E-mail on it is not nice at all.

ruthless10001

Nov 2, 2010
just like you i have always used samsung (galaxy s, nexus s, galaxy s2, galaxy nexus, galaxy s3, note, note2, also tab 7.7 and yes i have or had all of that) and the amoled screen but to be honest butterfly is the most beautiful phone i have ever had.. you can literally fall in love with it.. it has a goergeus display and a unibody design you just need to fell it in your hand. also sense is much beautiful than touchwiz. i am not saying you wont need anything else because you will definitly need some apps to get most out of it. anyway just one thing bothers me most and its lack of developer support..

Reactions: forelli

Bus Driver

May 9, 2011
Malaysia
So far after 3 days I'm very happy with the Butterfly..looks and feel in hand is superb. As for UI, getting used to Sense...there are a few things that make Sense but what i miss most on the Samsung is the sound settings...the ringtone and notification setting is separate so i can have silent on all my notification but ringtone still On...on the Sense its combined..anybody know a way around this?

fastcx

Jun 9, 2010
Puchong
Missed multi color notification light, missed nfc n android beam in 4.1/4.2,missed active development in s3 section, missed proper hardware dac instead of ****s audio, missed more protective casing, missed removable battery, missed sharper camera, missed those times that rooting your phone doesn't need to submit ur phone id token n void warranty straight away, missed side wake button, missed not so bloated touchwiz, missed able to do vertical n horizontal panoramic shot, missed not so tied up photo gallery that allows u to choose which video player to use to view recorded videos.. A lot more, as u can see, I'm pretty unsatisfied with HTC, not just butterfly. Yet they act like don't know why they are falling behind other manufacturers

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda app-developers app

Reactions: forelli

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
Missed multi color notification light, missed nfc n android beam in 4.1/4.2,missed active development in s3 section, missed proper hardware dac instead of ****s audio, missed more protective casing, missed removable battery, missed sharper camera, missed those times that rooting your phone doesn't need to submit ur phone id token n void warranty straight away, missed side wake button, missed not so bloated touchwiz, missed able to do vertical n horizontal panoramic shot, missed not so tied up photo gallery that allows u to choose which video player to use to view recorded videos.. A lot more, as u can see, I'm pretty unsatisfied with HTC, not just butterfly. Yet they act like don't know why they are falling behind other manufacturers

Yup you won't like HTC !

missed the battery percentage indicator :(

Battery Widget Reborn (Just try it, you wont go regret it)

Reactions: gbear

vision33r

Nov 24, 2010
I had the HTC Butterfly Verizon version for a day and returned it. It runs too warm, probably that screen. I don't know how HTC was able to get Jelly Bean to run so un-buttery laggy.

In the end, I much rather have a phone that can be uneasily rooted and have tons of custom roms to choose from. So I went back to my S3 and if all the spec leaks are true the S4 will be my next phone.

Blacklighter11

Nov 9, 2012
I'm actually very happy with this phone. I initially wanted the s3 and note 2 but the cheap built quality turned me off

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk 2

gbear

Jul 24, 2008
Just sharing, HTC seem not doing a good job on quality control, my 1st butterfly having 3 dusts trapped inside the screen, so I exchanged it. 2nd butterfly lower left corner touch malfunction, so I exchanged it again, right now I'm on my third butterfly, luckily and finally everything seem working correctly right now...

Sent from my HTC Butterfly

fastcx

Jun 9, 2010
Puchong
I have light bleed from bottom navigation keys to screen, especially obvious when watching movies with darker tone.. Build quality with this butterfly is really questionable.. Rear panel paint isn't as smooth when shine on compares to s3..and that led notification light.. Either green or red is just sad in this day n age

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's been almost 2 weeks since i shifted to the HTC Butterfly from the S3..and fully comfortable and liking the Sense UI..have no hardware or display issues as mentioned by others...maybe I'm one of the lucky ones with a perfect device.
    As for modding like bootloaders and rooting..yes its much simpler on the Samsung. The process on the HTC is slightly longer and complicated but to me that's what makes it more interesting and fun..following the steps carefully one at a time and then wallah..you made it through. Well, I guess to each his own but like other things in the IT world, it gets a bit of getting used to and to change and adapt to something new.
    I'm very happpy with HTC in general and in particular the Butterfly.. Like someone mentioned, the build quality, the way it feels when in your palm and best of all it looks beautiful when held.
    The S4 coming out soon...unless it comes with a gorgeous design and killer specs,I'll stick to the Butterfly until the flexible screens are out.

Edit: Looks like I'll be hanging on to the Butterfly...S4 desing is not impressive at all..looks just like the S3.

S3 felt smoother stock vs stock. Not much of a difference, the butterfly physically feels more like a premium phone though. Not really worth going thru the trouble upgrading
    Once you use the Butterfly you won't ever return back to Amoled screens and that too Pentile ;)
    I still have my S3 but I am enjoying my Butterfly a lot. Any issues I have is because I have the x920e and the Chinese Govt. have gone to great lengths to neuter any form of Google functionality.

As a personal preference, I like Sense more than I do TW. So at the moment, my S3 has been in my desk drawer collecting dust.
    just like you i have always used samsung (galaxy s, nexus s, galaxy s2, galaxy nexus, galaxy s3, note, note2, also tab 7.7 and yes i have or had all of that) and the amoled screen but to be honest butterfly is the most beautiful phone i have ever had.. you can literally fall in love with it.. it has a goergeus display and a unibody design you just need to fell it in your hand. also sense is much beautiful than touchwiz. i am not saying you wont need anything else because you will definitly need some apps to get most out of it. anyway just one thing bothers me most and its lack of developer support..