[Q] So about 4.4.3 update with root, unlocked bootloader and tampered system apps...

Search This thread

danny2146

Feb 2, 2014
I have a Nexus 5 that has been rooted, unlocked bootloader and I deleted some of the system apps (cant's remember which). I received the OTA update for the 4.4.3 update few says back. Clicked the update, after the download process went through, the phone restarted to install. But then my phone just went dead, it popped up a dead android with the word "error" underneath it x-P.

I know the problem has to do with me uninstalling system apps so is there anyway for me to update to 4.4.3 without wiping my data, if not, I have no problem doing it anyway (nothing too important on my nexus...) Thanks.

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Download the factory images of 4.4.3 and flash system, bootloader, recovery and radio.. Doing so will not wipe your data! :)

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!

yyz71

I have a Nexus 5 that has been rooted, unlocked bootloader and I deleted some of the system apps (cant's remember which). I received the OTA update for the 4.4.3 update few says back. Clicked the update, after the download process went through, the phone restarted to install. But then my phone just went dead, it popped up a dead android with the word "error" underneath it x-P.

I know the problem has to do with me uninstalling system apps so is there anyway for me to update to 4.4.3 without wiping my data, if not, I have no problem doing it anyway (nothing too important on my nexus...) Thanks.

Put your phone in bootloader mode and flash the 4.4.3 system img you'll be fine:good:

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
Download the factory image and flash boot.img, cache.img and system.img, and the new radios.

I would recommend a wipe and do it fresh, but it's up to you.

Edit: 3 replies in the same minute, derp.

danny2146

Feb 2, 2014
Download the factory image and flash boot.img, cache.img and system.img, and the new radios.

I would recommend a wipe and do it fresh, but it's up to you.

Edit: 3 replies in the same minute, derp.

Uhh, that went way over my head, maybe a dumb question but how does one flash img on a android phone? Sorry, I'm still a noob when it comes to these things. (is there a way to do it on a linux computer?)

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Uhh, that went way over my head, maybe a dumb question but how does one flash img on a android phone? Sorry, I'm still a noob when it comes to these things. (is there a way to do it on a linux computer?)

You'll need fastboot setup on your computer. Once you have is setup just go to the link I posted. You just need to double click on the flash-all

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
You'll need fastboot setup on your computer. Once you have is setup just go to the link I posted. You just need to double click on the flash-all

The flash-all.bat/flash-all.sh wipes if I'm not mistaken.

To the OP:
Download the Android SDK and set up fastboot, there are stickied threads for it in the General Section. :)
Download the factory images and take out boot.img, cache.img and system.img (inside a .zip inside the already compressed file), as well as the radio-hammerhead-m8974a-2.0.50.1.13.img. put them in fastboot directory
Open a cmd prompt in fastboot directory and type (pressing enter after each line, wait for each individual one to complete):

cmd said:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash cache cache.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash radio radio-hammerhead-m8974a-2.0.50.1.13.img

It might be slightly different on a Linux computer but it should be in the stickies, or search :)

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
The flash-all.bat/flash-all.sh wipes if I'm not mistaken.

To the OP:
Download the Android SDK and set up fastboot, there are stickied threads for it in the General Section. :)
Download the factory images and take out boot.img, cache.img and system.img (inside a .zip inside the already compressed file), as well as the radio-hammerhead-m8974a-2.0.50.1.13.img. put them in fastboot directory
Open a cmd prompt in fastboot directory and type (pressing enter after each line, wait for each individual one to complete):

It might be slightly different on a Linux computer but it should be in the stickies, or search :)

Not in the link I gave it's a modified factory image

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
Cool, it worked! Now I have to re-root. Thanks a lot for the amazingly quick reply!

Welcome, if you ever run into issues make a thread in the right section if you can't figure it out yourself, we're here to help. :) You're welcome to PM me too if you don't think something is worth a new thread although people don't mind if it's in the right section. You seem eager to learn too, which is important. :angel:

Sent from my Nexus 5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cool, it worked! Now I have to re-root. Thanks a lot for the amazingly quick reply!