Unable to install Rom!

Search This thread

EvilKing009

Feb 15, 2012
Hello everyone,
I am new here on Desire,
So I S-OFFed my desire,Flashed Custom CWM recovery,

My problem is,

Everytime i try to install a custom ROM,it shows me an error as "Installation aborted : status 0"..i tried to wipe /data,/system/cache,doing factory reset etc.none of them they helps.it always shows me this error.any solution? :(

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
Do the ROMs you are trying to install require an sdcard partition. Most do, and you'll need one anyway to install several apps.

- Flash 4EXT recovery.img using fastboot (better recovery, makes good partitions for desire unlike CWM)
- Backup and partition your sdcard using 4EXT recovery (max 2GB ext4 partition, no swap)
- Check md5sum of ROM.zip, to make sure you didnt get a bad download
- Full wipe and flash ROM.zip

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Hello everyone,
I am new here on Desire,
So I S-OFFed my desire,Flashed Custom CWM recovery,

My problem is,

Everytime i try to install a custom ROM,it shows me an error as "Installation aborted : status 0"..i tried to wipe /data,/system/cache,doing factory reset etc.none of them they helps.it always shows me this error.any solution? :(

What rom u trying to flash? If its android 4.4 (kitkat) then u need to use the latest 4ext recovery v1.0.0.6 otherwise it just abort the install.

EvilKing009

Feb 15, 2012
Do the ROMs you are trying to install require an sdcard partition. Most do, and you'll need one anyway to install several apps.

- Flash 4EXT recovery.img using fastboot (better recovery, makes good partitions for desire unlike CWM)
- Backup and partition your sdcard using 4EXT recovery (max 2GB ext4 partition, no swap)
- Check md5sum of ROM.zip, to make sure you didnt get a bad download
- Full wipe and flash ROM.zip

Is there is anyway to Flash Rom without any Sdext partition doing??

jmcclue,I was trying to installing Cool sense,mildwild roms. :)

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Is there is anyway to Flash Rom without any Sdext partition doing??

jmcclue,I was trying to installing Cool sense,mildwild roms. :)

Yh so like eddie said u will need to partition ur sdcard for that rom. Theres a good guide in desire general "how to partition sdcard correctly" follow that guide and then u can flash roms. The reason is that the desire has bad/low memory so the sdext partition is needed, definitly for sense roms.