[ROM][AOSP] Evervolv-ICS 2.1.0p11 [IML74K] 03/18/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Starhero

Oct 19, 2007
Could anyone PM rls9? I seem to loose all cell signal on this rom and I think a better kernal would help that a bit..

I mean I loose it and it DOES NOT COME BACK..after even pulling the bat, and i am in a high signal area.

Also is it normal for calendar app to crash 40 times a minute?

I tested this rom and fell in love with ICS right after it.

mattspfld

Nov 25, 2007
I'd also appreciate it if somebody could pm me with a link to rls9

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

AdhvanIt

Aug 8, 2009
Grand Rapids, Mi.
Could anyone PM rls9? I seem to loose all cell signal on this rom and I think a better kernal would help that a bit..

I mean I loose it and it DOES NOT COME BACK..after even pulling the bat, and i am in a high signal area.

Also is it normal for calendar app to crash 40 times a minute?

I tested this rom and fell in love with ICS right after it.

No issues here with calendar crashing. Have you restored data via tibu?

I'm not sure what's up with the loss of signal. I've been dropping all connection at times too, but airplane mode for ten seconds and back seems to fix it.

I'll talk to preludedrew and see if he's noticed anything.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA premium

bluediablito

Jun 20, 2010
wOw
just got out of a meeting / training at work. phone battery is almost dead, only lasted 7.5hrs. but i can tell you something 30 minutes into the meeting / training my ICS Evo 3D was the talk lol
Thanks to all the devs that are working on ICS.

Quick question.
i have read different thread and i get from reading the battery problem is ROM base then back to kernel. any news on who i can follow on twitter about solving this problem, and what is the real problem?

AdhvanIt

Aug 8, 2009
Grand Rapids, Mi.
wOw
just got out of a meeting / training at work. phone battery is almost dead, only lasted 7.5hrs. but i can tell you something 30 minutes into the meeting / training my ICS Evo 3D was the talk lol
Thanks to all the devs that are working on ICS.

Quick question.
i have read different thread and i get from reading the battery problem is ROM base then back to kernel. any news on who i can follow on twitter about solving this problem, and what is the real problem?

Battery not reporting is a kernel issue-kernel included here does not have that issue. I'm going to look into battery life issues as I believe there may be some apps/processes causing a wake-lock. Whether its app, ROM or kernel related at this point all I've seen is speculation. I'll be sure to let you guys know what I come up with though if anything.

Starhero

Oct 19, 2007
idk what is causing it but there seems to be something about not able to flush a handler in logcat..

it is literally spamming it..

this is with rls9 kernel but still

The rom has rebooted numerous times now also...bat life seems fine...but that is me coming from synergy that seemed to rape my bat life (can ANY android last more than one day in standby with out charging?)

I love my ICS, i don't wanna use another rom, and will be roughing this out, but someone please see if they can get rid of that spam.

Sounds like something with the sdcard, now I COULD do a wipe of that but with out the ability to go into USB mode, can't get my files, not gonna do it.

Edit: also I have never had a rom just turn off my phone for no reason...

This kinda sucks, someone save us and make a stable verson of this, it its amazing!

AdhvanIt

Aug 8, 2009
Grand Rapids, Mi.
idk what is causing it but there seems to be something about not able to flush a handler in logcat..

it is literally spamming it..

this is with rls9 kernel but still

The rom has rebooted numerous times now also...bat life seems fine...but that is me coming from synergy that seemed to rape my bat life (can ANY android last more than one day in standby with out charging?)

I love my ICS, i don't wanna use another rom, and will be roughing this out, but someone please see if they can get rid of that spam.

Sounds like something with the sdcard, now I COULD do a wipe of that but with out the ability to go into USB mode, can't get my files, not gonna do it.

Edit: also I have never had a rom just turn off my phone for no reason...

This kinda sucks, someone save us and make a stable verson of this, it its amazing!

Reboots are caused by locking the device in landscape mode and then unlocking it the same way. That's fixed in the next release. Other than that, you're likely looking at an issue with the kernel you're running. Go back the kernel that comes with this and you'll take care of battery reporting issues as well.

There is a wake-lock issue with the included kernel that will drain your battery in less than 10hrs with minimal usage though, so watch for that. It's being looked into.

It'll be a while before it's perfect, but if you hang in, preludedrew is awesome. He'll get the bugs worked out.

AdhvanIt

Aug 8, 2009
Grand Rapids, Mi.
love this ics is running amazing whats the deal with HE i know its said to be fast enough without it but im just curios what it does

Hardware accel uses the gpu to render graphics instead of the CPU. Granted, its running quite well without it, but would be significantly faster with it. There's a night and day difference between how my wife's NS4G runs on ICS and how this does.

It'll get there sooner or later. We just need to be patient. :)

davidhill21

Dec 8, 2008
I absolutely love that I have ics on my evo thanks to you all. If you're wanting to know little things that we find that are quirky, using a picture from my gallery doesn't scroll with the 5 homepages and just stay's on the "far left" home page (it's as if I paged to the left and the picture stayed there). Hopefully I'm not mentioning something already made aware to you. Love the work put in here.

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I absolutely love that I have ics on my evo thanks to you all. If you're wanting to know little things that we find that are quirky, using a picture from my gallery doesn't scroll with the 5 homepages and just stay's on the "far left" home page (it's as if I paged to the left and the picture stayed there). Hopefully I'm not mentioning something already made aware to you. Love the work put in here.

nova-launcher enables wallpaper scrolling. i mentioned it before and i've been using it instead of the stock launcher. it adds alot of functionality.

Alcnaeon

Jun 12, 2010
twitter.com
Anybody know of a fix for rebooting when plugged into a car dock? It's odd, I wasn't having this issue until I reinstalled the ROM yesterday.

AdhvanIt

Aug 8, 2009
Grand Rapids, Mi.

Yeah, wallpapers are a bit funky right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Presenting the first ICS previews of Evervolv for the HTC Evo 3D!

Introducing the Evervolv team (the guys who make this rom happen).
    * Preludedrew (developer, Evo, Droid Incredible, Hero CDMA, Evo Shift 4g, N1, Evo 3D)
    * Cocide (linux, overall scripting, Evo support)
    * Milesje (java/android & overall, Evo support)
    * Adhvanit (Overall graphics & theme design, Droid Incredible support)
    * Deck (Evo & MT4G)
    * TpyoKnig (file mirror)
    * RyteSyde (wallpapers & graphics)
    * Exxodium (wiki/wallpapers, Evo Shift 4g support)

New features are added as the ROM progresses, and will be noted in the changelog.

*HWaccel (not 100% yet)
    *Notification toolbox
    *Evervolv settings (WIP)
    -Configurable lockscreen
    -Optional 4bar and 6bar signal meter
    -Remove persistent search bar from launcher
    *Other stuff...........

What does not work or is quirky.

-USB storage mount
    -Camera
    -3D (clearly)
    -Wimax
    -BT audio

Downloads:

Instructions:
    - Boot to recovery
    - Wipe data/factory reset
    - Install ROM
    - Install GAPPS
    - Reboot
    - Install apps MANUALLY from market
    Not following these instructions will likely bring up a number of issues. Please make sure you've followed them before reporting bugs. :)

Source code is available on github here.
    Follow @preludedrew for officialupdates and changelogs
    Get the latest ROM at Evervolv.com

NOTE: I am not the developer of this ROM. I'm simply posting it as a courtesy to XDA members with permission from preludedrew.
    Extra stuff:
    -modded mClock template/theme in SS (original template/skin available here)
    -T9 Dialer (flashable) - 2.8 MB (credits go to CM team on this)

Changelog:
    -@preludedrew
    *all changelogs/builds are posted on his twitter*
    ^^^ go play in traffic.
    Sorry about the late post. p8 is in the OP. Well, and here.

Evervolv-Neco-2.1.0o8-shooter.zip

Also, for those who might be interested, there's a flashable mod that I made for the t9 dialer.

T9 Dialer (flashable) - 2.8 MB (credits go to CM team on this)
    Me want WiMAX an camera missing not.good. do devs gone working on thoses because it seems crazy without It! Gotta have speed an in Rom!

128786920692822494.jpg