[ROM] [ICS 4.0.4] JJ's HYBRID ROM v3.3b (HotUpdate) ROM Control | 12 Aug |

Search This thread

Knight47

Mar 29, 2012
sites.google.com
Hi,

I flashed the xray v6.1.1 kernel and JJ's v2.2 rom few days ago.
I found that there is an install update.zip option under recovery.

Please kindly explain what is that, whether I will lose any data when applying this?

Thanks!
It (update.zip)is a flashable file.contains META-INF folder and SYSTEM(mostly) folder.Many addons of roms are in flashable zip formats.for an example if you want to flash a rom.......
Select install zip from CWM recovery
Select the rom file(JJ's hybrid 2.3.zip)
Select Yes

install zip and Update.zip do the same function....but the difference is when you select to flash update.zip it will flash "Update.zip" file from your root of your memory card(so you can't select zip files in other names.i.e-Name_of_the_rom.zip)In install from zip option you can select flashable zip files in any names;)

Last edited:

mydegeneration

Apr 16, 2012
Its not only xloud and bravia.. You get

Full Sony camera 720p Recording
HD playback

All I found is that its very very time consuming to port those Navigation toggles and IMO its useless for Ray users since we already have touch buttons.. it causes market download issues and many other...

Lock screen Options is again useless.. I dont know how many of u will want that gingerbread style Lock screen... IMO ICS original one is best... the best I can do is to make 4 way wave instead of two only on lock screen..

Power menu customization is more or less useless too... it just adds Torch toggle.. but we already have it in statusbar toggles so whats the use?

LED options I might think to fix it but wont give much time if its a long procedure..

What I want to do is to fix what is present... I am trying the 2G toggle and others...

JJ, the navigation bar "useless" feature is one of AOKP highlights. They are very customizable and convenient. you could pretty much assign any app to it!

They are even working on implementing widgets in it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Nd_M_fHt4

...but I understand if you don't want to work on it.

screenshot2012051019025.png

at 2012-05-19

Sent from my ST18i using XDA

Last edited:

nikox93

May 19, 2012
Hello, I will have my first smartphone (the ray) in 2 days, and I looked all over this forum and saw all the amazing possibilities we get with android :D
So I thought of upgrading my phone, and this rom seemed to be the best balance for me.

Exept I'd like to have the ANT+ functions too... :(
I saw earlier in this thread (post 1248) that it didn't worked.
Is there any way to enable it?

Thank you :)

sucker for sony's

Jan 2, 2012
Sittingbourne
Its not only xloud and bravia.. You get

Full Sony camera 720p Recording
HD playback

All I found is that its very very time consuming to port those Navigation toggles and IMO its useless for Ray users since we already have touch buttons.. it causes market download issues and many other...

Lock screen Options is again useless.. I dont know how many of u will want that gingerbread style Lock screen... IMO ICS original one is best... the best I can do is to make 4 way wave instead of two only on lock screen..

Power menu customization is more or less useless too... it just adds Torch toggle.. but we already have it in statusbar toggles so whats the use?

LED options I might think to fix it but wont give much time if its a long procedure..

What I want to do is to fix what is present... I am trying the 2G toggle and others...

That's very true, its not easy at all. I can do bits and pieces but nothing like you do and tbh I don't particulary like making feature requests. Maybe one day I will learn it all and be able to help but for now I'm quite happy to follow you with this rom.

Sent from my Xperia ray using xda premium

jjdoctor

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
dont worry mates... I grabbed ray from my friend for tonight.. I am sitting on it for last one hour... Trying to get those non-working Options to work..;)

So Far I made it possible to enter those navigation and lock screen options, they dont cause ROM control to FC anymore..

well I have to be careful not to break those xloud, bravia engine links in doing so.. :D

wish me all the best...

angello2299

Jul 23, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S7
dont worry mates... I grabbed ray from my friend for tonight.. I am sitting on it for last one hour... Trying to get those non-working Options to work..;)

So Far I made it possible to enter those navigation and lock screen options, they dont cause ROM control to FC anymore..

well I have to be careful not to break those xloud, bravia engine links in doing so.. :D

wish me all the best...
good luck bro
honnestly i'm keeping the 2.2 version
hate FC
i still waiting for a stable 2.3

sorry for my poor english

jass434

May 4, 2009
Nice work JJ!! im definitely gonna try the new rom :D:D

one question.. do i need to install the new sirkay kernel AOKP V2.2 or will it work with the V6.1.1 that i currently have??

xperia ST18i

May 19, 2012
video

i need a request if anyone can give a full overview on how to go on this im so confused ..i have never used a android but i need this rom it's good. currently im running on android version 4.0.3 and kernel version 2.6.32.9
plz help

angello2299

Jul 23, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S7
i just finished flashing the 2.3 version it looks as always great and smooth,
i love what i can do with the Rom Control
thanks jj
kerp the good work :thumbup:
:)

hey jj could you add the CRT animation?

Sent from my Xperia Ray using XDA

Last edited:

Knight47

Mar 29, 2012
sites.google.com
i need a request if anyone can give a full overview on how to go on this im so confused ..i have never used a android but i need this rom it's good. currently im running on android version 4.0.3 and kernel version 2.6.32.9
plz help

First you need to unlock your boot loader
Then you have to flash sirkays kernel
Do a full wipe in cwm (factory reset)
Then flash hybrid rom Via CWM (select the Rom zip file)

Sent from my Xperia ray using XDA

Reactions: xperia ST18i

albagani

Jan 17, 2012
Bagan Serai
What is the default location for picture? My gallery has no picture at all...

Edit: problem solved...replacing the gallery with other gallery apk from other ROM seems to solve the problem

Sent from my Xperia ray using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jjdoctor

May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
i just finished flashing the 2.3 version it looks as always great and smooth,
i love what i can do with the Rom Control
thanks jj
kerp the good work :thumbup:
:)

hey jj could you add the CRT animation?

Sent from my Xperia Ray using XDA

I wish i could add Wheels and engine to it aswell to drive us to office...:rolleyes:
if something is not there is because I couldnt do it yet...

Tan9890

Feb 9, 2012
Pune
Hi JJ, quick question..

I want to modify the calling screen to the one in 4.0.4 like this..

screenshot2012052012055.png

I tried replacing the Phone.apk, but it gives a force close..

What do u think i should modify or replace to make it work?

Contacts.apk, contactsprovider.apk, etc?

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

Also, JJ, would you please guide me on how you do all this editing and adding new features and stuff..

Please provide me with some links to read.. I've just installed Ubuntu and would like to give a go on the development side..

Thanks..

jjdoctor

May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
Hi JJ, quick question..

I want to modify the calling screen to the one in 4.0.4 like this..

screenshot2012052012055.png

I tried replacing the Phone.apk, but it gives a force close..

What do u think i should modify or replace to make it work?

Contacts.apk, contactsprovider.apk, etc?

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

Also, JJ, would you please guide me on how you do all this editing and adding new features and stuff..

Please provide me with some links to read.. I've just installed Ubuntu and would like to give a go on the development side..

Thanks..

Hehe.. if it was that easy I would have done it loooong ago....But I would be happy to help anyone who wants to try it...

Developing a ROM is not easy initially... We are all Noobs... I remember the first ROM I made was a Port of ARC REQUESTING for Help less than 3 months back... and Now I am here to provide u with a fine ROM...

Anyway for Phone.apk port I wud suggest using my ROM coz that is already done ith everything... otherwise u have to sing all contcts, providers and phone.apk from scrtch...

First thing is to Sign the Phone.apk... For that u have to Edit AndroidManifest.xml and check the first line which shows SharedUID.. It should Match the one from SemcPhone.apk...

After matching same SharedUID, you have to resign the entire ROM... Search google for that...

After Singing, When U flash ROM u will get a series of FCs... U have to read Logcats and interpret where its going wrong... Now interpreting Log cat is another subject...

Too much to explain, cant really explain every step... but I gave u a roadmap... follow it and let me know if u face unavoidable probs...

Remember... GOOGLE Solved 99% of my problems...

xperia ST18i

May 19, 2012
help

a very thanks to knight 47

can any one help me with dis ....
flashing sirkays kernel
Do a full wipe in cwm (factory reset)
Then flash hybrid rom Via CWM (select the Rom zip file)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts