I need some major help PLEASE!!!!!

Search This thread

npainter7

Apr 21, 2012
Caldwell
So call me a super noob but I cant for the life of me unroot my dang Note 2. Ive read forums and threads on how and I dont know what my deal is. I dont know how to get odin on my laptop. I search and search to download it but cant find a way to download it. Im on a different pc than the one I rooted it to begin with because the old pc is stupid slow. I dont have supersu on my phone right now cuz I was screwing around with my phone and a friend of mine said I could unroot the phone by going into the supersu app. So I dont have su binaries. I dont even know if im rooted anymore. Im on scotts ROM the 4.1.2 version. I do have CWM recovery still tho. All I want to know is a step by step process on how to get odin onto my pc, and go from there on. And yes I have read forums about how to unroot but none say anything about how to install odin. I feel really dumb but I really need my phone unrooted ASAP. I have a new phone and tranferred the SIM card over to it....do I need to have the SIM card in my Note 2 in order to unroot it??? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help a bro out

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

tfly212

Dec 1, 2011
New York
So call me a super noob but I cant for the life of me unroot my dang Note 2. Ive read forums and threads on how and I dont know what my deal is. I dont know how to get odin on my laptop. I search and search to download it but cant find a way to download it. Im on a different pc than the one I rooted it to begin with because the old pc is stupid slow. I dont have supersu on my phone right now cuz I was screwing around with my phone and a friend of mine said I could unroot the phone by going into the supersu app. So I dont have su binaries. I dont even know if im rooted anymore. Im on scotts ROM the 4.1.2 version. I do have CWM recovery still tho. All I want to know is a step by step process on how to get odin onto my pc, and go from there on. And yes I have read forums about how to unroot but none say anything about how to install odin. I feel really dumb but I really need my phone unrooted ASAP. I have a new phone and tranferred the SIM card over to it....do I need to have the SIM card in my Note 2 in order to unroot it??? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help a bro out

Download Odin (it's just a simple windows program). - http://xdaforums.com/atta...3&d=1304094576

Make sure you have the latest samsung drivers - http://www.mediafire.com/?hzlnda0l5t8qyes

To use odin later all you do is power down the phone and boot back into download mode (volume down, power and home at the same time).

Open Odin, plug in phone...Odin should recognize the phone and you will see the com port noted in yellow.

From here you can follow these instructions to flash back to bone stock: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2024207

Reactions: npainter7

npainter7

Apr 21, 2012
Caldwell
Why are you trying to unroot if i may ask... Just so i know what your trying to achieve? If you are trying to get back to bone stock go to imnuts restore thread in the development section...

TappEd from my Note II

Check out my website for encouragement....

www.projectintercession.blogspot.com

Did this already. Confused me a bit. I'm trying to sell it and since 4.3 ROMS aren't "stable" in a way. I can't flash one and get reboots if I'm gonna try and sell it

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using xda app-developers app

npainter7

Apr 21, 2012
Caldwell
Download Odin (it's just a simple windows program). - http://xdaforums.com/atta...3&d=1304094576

Make sure you have the latest samsung drivers - http://www.mediafire.com/?hzlnda0l5t8qyes

To use odin later all you do is power down the phone and boot back into download mode (volume down, power and home at the same time).

Open Odin, plug in phone...Odin should recognize the phone and you will see the com port noted in yellow.

From here you can follow these instructions to flash back to bone stock: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2024207
The Odin forum you posted doesn't exist anymore I guess

npainter7

Apr 21, 2012
Caldwell
So I found a file to download for Odin. It downloaded something called zip opener. Now what do I do???? So frustrating

tfly212

Dec 1, 2011
New York
So I found a file to download for Odin. It downloaded something called zip opener. Now what do I do???? So frustrating

The download is compressed so you need to extract it (unzip). I am not familar with Zip opener but it probably works like the others (7-zip, etc). Just right click on the file and choose extract. Then you should see a normal application you can open.

npainter7

Apr 21, 2012
Caldwell
The download is compressed so you need to extract it (unzip). I am not familar with Zip opener but it probably works like the others (7-zip, etc). Just right click on the file and choose extract. Then you should see a normal application you can open.

Ya I'm figuring it out. I'm downloading the file from imnuts right now. After it's downloaded do I just drag the stock file into the PIT spot and then hit start?

npainter7

Apr 21, 2012
Caldwell

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388808063184.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388808063184.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 38

npainter7

Apr 21, 2012
Caldwell
I'm on Odin 3.09. And there isn't a pda spot. So what spot do I place the firmware at then?

tfly212

Dec 1, 2011
New York
I'm on Odin 3.09. And there isn't a pda spot. So what spot do I place the firmware at then?

I have never used 3.09, only 1.85 (the link I provided above). Looking at screenshots of 3.09, the fields look the same but are named differently, but since I have never personally used that version I can't guarantee it.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    44.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    66.2 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: jcollier

jcollier

Jan 11, 2008
Houston, TX
I have never used 3.09, only 1.85 (the link I provided above). Looking at screenshots of 3.09, the fields look the same but are named differently, but since I have never personally used that version I can't guarantee it.

It took me a minute to figure out also, but they are in the same order but with different names.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.