[APP][SVC][Mar 21, 2010] ZoomBarPlus V2 BETA / Make your Zoom Bar more useful!

Search This thread

JVogler

Mar 3, 2010
Oh -- that would be GREAT -- would brilliantly solve the issue many are having with eBook readers like Microsoft Reader that relied on a d-pad for page turns.

Have you tried mapping your buttons? I'm using rhodium keyboard config. You can map every single button on your phone for 1,2,3 or long press...so 4 settings per button. I mapped all my front buttons to make a d-pad on single click...run their default on long hold so I don't lose their functioning...and then ok, enter, back, and stuff to double click. That's what I set up while waiting for another version of zoombar. I'm getting so used to it now I don't even miss not having a d-pad...

onree

Apr 20, 2008
Have you tried mapping your buttons? I'm using rhodium keyboard config. You can map every single button on your phone for 1,2,3 or long press...so 4 settings per button. I mapped all my front buttons to make a d-pad on single click...run their default on long hold so I don't lose their functioning...and then ok, enter, back, and stuff to double click. That's what I set up while waiting for another version of zoombar. I'm getting so used to it now I don't even miss not having a d-pad...

Yep, but I use AEButton, which probably doesn't handle the hard keys as well. I happen to really like the hard buttons' default functions though, so the zoombar solution is much more appealing ... for now, I've been converting LIT files to EPUB and using Freda, which has been a reasonably workable solution.

JVogler

Mar 3, 2010
Yep, but I use AEButton, which probably doesn't handle the hard keys as well. I happen to really like the hard buttons' default functions though, so the zoombar solution is much more appealing ... for now, I've been converting LIT files to EPUB and using Freda, which has been a reasonably workable solution.

I don't lose my hard buttons' default functions (well sort of) You can set your 'long press' to any time interval. So I have it set really low which means 'pressing' any botton still activates the default function. I have a 'really quick' tap mapped to up, down, left, right...so i just tap really quickly to navigate with virtual dpad basically...then actually press the button when I want default action.

If that makes any sense...not sure I'm describing it well. I didn't think it would be a great work around...but literally 2-3 hours after using I was used to it. I would bet if you committed to trying for one full day it would be your final d-pad solution...it just sounds worse than it is. It took some convincing for me to try it out...glad I did.

Hopefully a more customizable zoombar comes out soon though too.

HARRY02

Nov 14, 2008
Hi thx1200,

I am writing windows mobile programs myself in Basic4PPC. Would it be possible to use the zoom bar in my programs?

I assume that pressing the zoom bar results into one or more windows messages and that these are passed to a program, when this program is listed in the registry.

When I list my own program in the registry, intercept windows messages and looks for the relevant message code(s), then I could react on those codes???.

Is this a crazy idea? If not do you know the message codes and parameter values for pressing the zoom bar?

Regards,

Harry02

thx1200

Inactive Recognized Developer
Hi thx1200,

I am writing windows mobile programs myself in Basic4PPC. Would it be possible to use the zoom bar in my programs?

I assume that pressing the zoom bar results into one or more windows messages and that these are passed to a program, when this program is listed in the registry.

When I list my own program in the registry, intercept windows messages and looks for the relevant message code(s), then I could react on those codes???.

Is this a crazy idea? If not do you know the message codes and parameter values for pressing the zoom bar?

Regards,

Harry02

ZPB pushes virtual keypresses, so whatever app has focus gets the input. To use the zoombar for custom purposes in an app you are writing will require subclassing the zoombar's window class, just like ZPB does, and responding to the codes. See ZPB's source for more info. It's all freely available. Have at it.

picture.gao

Jun 11, 2010
I think the zoom bar is really usefull. but only a few application supports it. And I think the function is not only used as a narvigation botton. it can have more use. Your application is really usefull, Thank you.

libove

Jan 25, 2007
Barcelona
OnePlus One
OnePlus 5T
Two quick wishlist requests for ZoomBarPlus:

1. Maybe this would be a different app, since ZoomBarPlus works using virtual keypresses; I'd really like to be able to just make the zoom bar on my Touch Diamond 2 be a Zoom bar! Especially in Opera10... No virtual keypresses, no extra functionality, just actually send "zoom out" and "zoom in" to whatever app has focus, based on how far I swipe right or left on the bar.

2. Allow ZoomBarPlus (either/both as it exists today, or/and my suggestion #1 above) to be configured to ONLY work with a list of whitelisted apps. This might resolve a) paranoia for those of us who are, and b) the rare but deadly problems we've seen discussed where unexpected apps take unexpected inputs and e.g. erase the Registry...

Thanks!

highKo

Jul 10, 2009
Altenburg, Thuringia, Germany
Two quick wishlist requests for ZoomBarPlus:

1. Maybe this would be a different app, since ZoomBarPlus works using virtual keypresses; I'd really like to be able to just make the zoom bar on my Touch Diamond 2 be a Zoom bar! Especially in Opera10... No virtual keypresses, no extra functionality, just actually send "zoom out" and "zoom in" to whatever app has focus, based on how far I swipe right or left on the bar.

2. Allow ZoomBarPlus (either/both as it exists today, or/and my suggestion #1 above) to be configured to ONLY work with a list of whitelisted apps. This might resolve a) paranoia for those of us who are, and b) the rare but deadly problems we've seen discussed where unexpected apps take unexpected inputs and e.g. erase the Registry...

Thanks!

DITOOOOOO!! Especially point 1! Let the zoom bar be a zoom bar...

ironhead65

Jul 2, 2007
Does this program require the HTC Smartzoom Service to be running?

In my slimmed down ROM, I did not even include this service.

Haven't quite figured out why NO zooming works anywhere, but seems that reading this thread and the ZoomAdds thread as well as AdvancedConfigurator threads seems to indicate I need that.

Thanks!

--Ironhead

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any news? Development stopped?

Sorry for the lack of updates. Yes, development has stopped. I'm in the process of learning Android development, preparing for my next phone purchase, which will be Android.

I do miss WM development, though... It was fun while it lasted!