TWRP 2.1.2 for the Hercules!

Search This thread

rymanh

Jan 11, 2012
Toronto
another confirmed win for TW recovery :cool: just spent some time flashing , backing up, and playing around with TW recovery... works fantastic..

do we need to use darkside superwipe/cache wipe with this recovery?

granduke

Mar 1, 2009
Tdizzle404,

I see you hanging out in the AOKP threads. Is that what you were running when you flashed this recovery?
A bit nervous about this.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

granduke

Mar 1, 2009
Pretty nice.
Interface, displayed info, and options are all great.

Just a few small issues. I wish you could select a directory in file manager and not just open it. Also while creating a backup it said 'success' before the md5 was generated. Again, small issues. Will certainly stay with this.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP for T989

BTW its pretty effing amazing.

this recovery is just the skyrockets renamed, so it wont pass any device cheecks that a rom update script may deploy. such as cm9

i fixed it in the ram disk. so it will identify as a hercules, like it should
    TeamWIN has released TWRP recovery for the Samsung Hercules!
    For those who do not know, TWRP is a touchscreen, GUI based recovery, akin to CWM touch.

Credits to the people who put the CWM flashable zip together:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Backups/nandroids made with CWM do NOT work with TWRP. I would suggest installing the recovery while on a stable rom (Gingerbread), making a backup, then installing the ICS roms.

TWRP is also themeable - search around for TWRP 2.X themes and you will find plenty.
    To use themes, rename the zip file to ui.zip (if it doesn't already have that name) and place it in /sdcard/TWRP/theme [create the directory if necessary].
    If you're looking for a great ics theme, check out my theme at the bottom of the post [based on this.

[Studies show that this does NOT cause bricks. Any bricks that were caused were found to be due to user error/that leaky ICS skyrocket rom. However, as always, exercise caution when flashing roms/kernels/modems/etc...]

[Further, this recovery seems to work as well or better than CWM Touch or standard CWM for flashing AOSP roms (CM9/AOKP). If you plan to flash one of those, you would be better off using this recovery.]

[With this recovery, it does not seem to be necessary to use Darkside Super Wipe/Fix Permissions script. The built-in wipe/fix works just as well.]

Project Page: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/101

Screenshots of the default theme:
    EMm8.png

FrDW.png

DOWNLOADS

ICS Theme
    v1: Download ICS theme v1

Latest Version
    TWRP 2.1.8: Download TWRP 2.1.8

Older Versions
    TWRP 2.1.2: Download TWRP 2.1.2
    Romracer noticed in the skyrocket forum that their fstab for recovery had sd_ext pointing to /dev/block/mmcblk0p2. On our phone the flash counter file is on that partition, and i'm not sure what else. I'm sure if some people are formatting sd_ext (and as said before, why? Not like we use it, or have any need for ever creating one with so much internal storage available to us,) and it was bricking phones.

I unpacked our recovery image and took a look at the fstab.recovery, it's got the same problem. You'd know this better than I would. Would me removing the mount point completely break any recovery functions? Or should I just figure out what it should be, (which i don't know), and change it to that?

thats the secondary SBL which holds download mode, smoke that and your done. Thats a good catch, there should be no sd-ext option for our devices anyways. the data partition is already 2gb and its already ext4

I'm talking to Dees_Troy right now, he will probably have a proper hewrcules build. so i dont have to hack it and we're discussing the removal of the sd-ext stuff. alsohe disabled being able to reboot when you wipe system and don't flash, because thats just effing stupid why would you do that?

EDIT: alright, we're going to get an official build so no one has to hack at it now.
    This one won't happen to brick the device like Racing said, would it?

i flashed it, because i live by no mans rules... not even my own.

and im not bricked. flashed 3 cm9 builds already to0.

i even pushed the dreaded reboot to recovery button, im still fine.
    Just downloaded 2.1.8 for the Hercules but it is in .img format. would someone please change it to a zip file for easy flashing?

http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2

Here you go. I just updated the one Mr.X posted. Flash in recovery.
    http://d-h.st/PkZ

Sent from the iPhone graveyard.