[KERNEL][GPL] franco.Kernel - r17

Search This thread

IRKONIK

Feb 5, 2013
Pyongyang
Me too. I didn't know why. I guess we could use a tool to increase the min CPU.

Alan

But only if it does not get overwritten by the kernel. I'll try setcpu ASAP. Problem is: Setcpu allows the higher clockspeed, but I guess it can not force it.
Hey Franco, any chance of getting a tool to set the turned off screen max CPU clock individually? Would be awesome! Either an app or maybe via aroma installer? :)

Also I am glad that I am not the only one.

Cheers, and big ups to Franco for doing such a good job for our N10. So much faster and smoother!

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 10 mit Tapatalk 2

alan sh

Nov 2, 2007
Rochdale
But only if it does not get overwritten by the kernel. I'll try setcpu ASAP. Problem is: Setcpu allows the higher clockspeed, but I guess it can not force it.
Hey Franco, any chance of getting a tool to set the turned off screen max CPU clock individually? Would be awesome! Either an app or maybe via aroma installer? :)

Also I am glad that I am not the only one.

Cheers, and big ups to Franco for doing such a good job for our N10. So much faster and smoother!

I'm going to try a different kernel till this gets fixed and then come back.

Alan

axionman

Jan 16, 2008
carvin (62)
My Nexus 10 on ParanoidAndroid 3.56 dies while the screen is off, meaning that it can't wake up again.
Had the same issue with my S3, it's because the max CPU speed while screen off is too low.
Please fix this :)

Same thing here

I switched to KTmanta kernel meanwhile

Waiting for the next franco release, luckyly, it will be fixed

EniGmA1987

Sep 21, 2010
Did Franco even adjust the max MHz when screen off from default? Because ROM's set the max speed to 800MHz when screen is off all by themselves and then back to 1700MHz when the screen comes on.

iamikon

May 17, 2012
Yeah i don't think that's the issue because on kt i have it set to like 500 for screen off but i was getting sods on r12 as well. Couldn't debug as i needed the tablet right then. One of you guys should grab a kmesg so he can actually try to figure out the problem otherwise it's really just complaining.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: EniGmA1987

JiiJii

Apr 21, 2011
I've been trying to get Franco.Kernel to work with bluetooth sound for months now. I don't know what's wrong. I'm running the latest version of ParanoidAndroid. I haven't seen anyone else with this exact issue but me. Whenever I play sound through Bluetooth it skips pretty bad. Like 10 times per song. If I go back to stock kernel the sound works fine. Very smooth. This is not just when I'm using a music player. If I'm listening to YouTube in my browser it happens as well. Unlike another person in this thread, it happens with the screen on or off. It doesn't matter.

Has anyone heard of this before? I've even done a factory reset. Any other solution to this?

I have the same issue. You said that bluetooth works with stock kernel? Where did you get it?

I tried with stock rom and kernel and the stutter was there. I've been searching solution for this for weeks and newer found a combination that works with bluetooth audio.

rrand

Oct 29, 2011
I have the same issue. You said that bluetooth works with stock kernel? Where did you get it?

I tried with stock rom and kernel and the stutter was there. I've been searching solution for this for weeks and newer found a combination that works with bluetooth audio.

I never had a problem when I was using stock kernel. I had the stuttering issue with stock ROM and Franco kernel only. I'm using Paranoid Android now and the only workaround I found was to not lock screen rotation. But I only tried that with PA. Maybe it'll work on stock too?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

JiiJii

Apr 21, 2011
I never had a problem when I was using stock kernel. I had the stuttering issue with stock ROM and Franco kernel only. I'm using Paranoid Android now and the only workaround I found was to not lock screen rotation. But I only tried that with PA. Maybe it'll work on stock too?

I'm using Buttered rom and Franco kernel. I've tried Slim rom and KTmanta. Newer found a good combination.

stiggy2012

Nov 15, 2012
I too ran into the bluetooth skipping issue. I think it might be a CPU time related, as it seems to be worse when playing flac files. Re-flashing to stock kernel fixed the issue. Its a shame, as in general I found the kernel to be a considerable improvement in speed over stock.

Thanks for the great kernel Franco, as soon as this issue is fixed I'll be straight back! :good:

JiiJii

Apr 21, 2011
I too ran into the bluetooth skipping issue. I think it might be a CPU time related, as it seems to be worse when playing flac files. Re-flashing to stock kernel fixed the issue. Its a shame, as in general I found the kernel to be a considerable improvement in speed over stock.

Thanks for the great kernel Franco, as soon as this issue is fixed I'll be straight back! :good:

Where did you download the stock kernel? Is there a CWM-zip?

stiggy2012

Nov 15, 2012
Where did you download the stock kernel? Is there a CWM-zip?

Not that I know of. Download the stock 4.2.2 ROM from Google. Unzip, and then unzip the zip inside. You will see boot.IMG, this is the stock kernel. You can flash this using fast boot by using the command 'fastboot flash boot boot.img'. voila!

Reactions: JiiJii

EniGmA1987

Sep 21, 2010
I mean. I use tablet whole day. And since it hits 1700 every time I touch the screen, I have insane amount of battery drainage.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Premium HD app

Why does your CPU jump to 1.7GHz with boostpulse? That doesn't seem right. Unless Franco changed the default from 1GHz to make things smoother.

Hatman41

Jun 4, 2010
Hermitage
there is definitely something wrong with version r12 I installed it and when I went to bed the batt was at 80% when I woke up and my Nexus 10 was deader than a doornail. I then re-flashed the ROM using the stock kernel my device has lasted 2 days without recharging it. I am using the AOKP Buttered ROM.

Reactions: michael_ta315

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
Why does your CPU jump to 1.7GHz with boostpulse? That doesn't seem right. Unless Franco changed the default from 1GHz to make things smoother.
I notice my clock tends to go up to 1.7GHz as well sometimes when I touch the screen (monitoring with System Monitor Lite). Other times it might jump from 200MHz to 400MHz, or some other random value up to 700MHz. Never saw it go to 1.0GHz.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all. I hate bloated OP's so this is a simple one. I don't post changelogs in here, only when I released new versions so you'll have to search for it.

Just for general awareness this is compatible with CyanogenMod based roms.

Download:
    http://192.241.177.15/Nexus10/4.4/

How to flash:
    fastboot flash boot image_name
    or
    flash the zip in your custom recovery

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/manta/tree/nightlies-4.4

Kernel changelog:
    http://192.241.177.15/Nexus10/4.4/appfiles/changelog.xml

franco.Kernel updater Free apk: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1867127

F.A.Q.
    1. My tablet exploded, halp!
    A: I don't answer to problems without a log. The log file is in /proc/last_kmsg. Retrieve it from your device and attach it to your post.
    2. This kernel works on Y or X rom?
    A: This is one of the worse questions you can ask on my threads. This is a Nexus, it works on every rom you can possibly imagine.
    3. OMG BETTARY SUCKZ, IT DEAD IN 45 MINUTAS, HALP!
    A: As you can imagine I don't build kernels to decrease battery life. All the battery life problems come from your apps, either Facebook, or Maps, or some Location Service being enabled etc etc. Check your damn wakelocks and fix them, the kernel is not responsible for them.
    4. How do I flash this?
    A: Reading the OP, theres a reason why I added instructions on it.
    Hey guys. I've been doing a lot of idle tests because I've tweaked the power states latency on this device and I've got great results, so here is r8. Contains that lower latency which means it will enter and leave the C power states much faster which will probably achieve a good battery boost. Also contains a few tweaks to the memory bus frequencies adding a little bit of throughput when needed and some patches from upstream. I still haven't got time to look into to some Color Control on this display, I'll try to look at it further during the weekend, work has been hectic.
    4.2.2 kernel source are out, later when Im off work I'll release a kernel compatible and a few other changes I have in mind - I was waiting for 4.2.2 ro update this kernel.
    r13
    * Compatible with 4.3
    * Compatible with CyanogenMod and its derivates
    * Added ROW I/O and made default
    * Lots of I/O patches from upstream
    * Updated interactive governor to its last version from Android's gerrit
    * Updated CPUidle subsystem so that the device spends more time at the deepest states for better power consumption
    * Merged patches from Colin Cross to decrease power consumption
    * Updated the Wi-Fi driver to its latest version from Android's gerrit
    * Merged USB Audio changes from CyanogenMod to enable the usage of USB DAC's plugged to this device
    * Partitions properly mounted for increased I/O performance
    * Removed lots of debug from the Kernel
    * Disabled memory throttling if the device hits thermal throttling point
    I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, lots of food, kisses, hugs, and quality time.

Thanks for sticking with FK even though this is not one of my priorities Kernel wise, although I promise to be more active like I did with the latest two releases. Very happy with r15 - but more improvements are coming.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app