Syncing contacts over bluetooth to car issues / problems / won't work

Search This thread
Do your contacts sync over to your car?

I bought an Evo 3D and now my contacts won't sync over bluetooth to my car! This sucks, I need this essential feature to work or I'll have to return this phone. Dialing from my car is much easier and safer than dialing from the phone. My contacts synced just fine over bluetooth to my car with my old Evo.

The Evo 3D will connect to my car over bluetooth and can work in "phone audio" mode, but how come the contacts won't sync like before?

What's the difference between the Evo 3D's bluetooth and the Evo 4G's bluetooth?

rancherochido

Dec 4, 2007
Keep an eye on your phone. Even though its already paired up with the radio it will still ask for permission (on the phone) to connect via BT and access the information.

Reactions: Neo3D

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Will do, I'll try it again but I think lots of people are having this problem. Especially with BMW.

If you have a 7 series you have to call the BMW dealership to get the correct code. The 0000 and all of the rest of the standard codes never worked for me. When I called the dealership I had to bring it in and was told it was something with the idrive settings. Hope this helps.

Locked & Loaded

Still worth a shot. Try it and see if the dealership can help. More than likely they'll tell you to bring it in. Hope you get it worked out.

Locked & Loaded

So, you got your 3vo to sync contacts over bluetooth? What model year is your 7? My 5 is a 2006 so I hope that's not "too old" for it to work w/the newer phones. I'll drop by the dealer and see what they can do. May test drive the F10 while I"m there.

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
So, you got your 3vo to sync contacts over bluetooth? What model year is your 7? My 5 is a 2006 so I hope that's not "too old" for it to work w/the newer phones. I'll drop by the dealer and see what they can do. May test drive the F10 while I"m there.

No. I couldn't, the dealership did. Hope you get it working.

Locked & Loaded

No. I couldn't, the dealership did. Hope you get it working.

Locked & Loaded

I went to the dealer and they couldn't get it to work. On the 2006 5 Series, the iDrive lets you select any pairing code you want, so it's not pre-programmed into the iDrive.

I also tried another user's suggestion of properly using both First Name and Last Name fields in my contacts, I have some single word contacts, like "Home" and "Mom" and that didn't work either :(

Really sucks, I'm really loving Sense 3.0. I just figured out how to change my lockscreen to display photos from a folder, it's such eye candy!

aimbdd

Jul 27, 2009
PA/MD
Mine wouldn't either, until I updated my radio. (Third party head unit) still can't get texts to work tho. And they say it should

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D.

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
I went to the dealer and they couldn't get it to work. On the 2006 5 Series, the iDrive lets you select any pairing code you want, so it's not pre-programmed into the iDrive.

I also tried another user's suggestion of properly using both First Name and Last Name fields in my contacts, I have some single word contacts, like "Home" and "Mom" and that didn't work either :(

Really sucks, I'm really loving Sense 3.0. I just figured out how to change my lockscreen to display photos from a folder, it's such eye candy!

Humm. Id say try a different dealership.

Locked & Loaded

danaff37

Mar 14, 2010
Nashville, TN
Yeah get it on hyundai. Make sure to delete it from car and phone to restart the whole process. Have to do that at work all the time to get it to work fire people (hyundai platinum tech here)

Also... Did you erase/freeze any system apps?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Have you ever tried a different dealership??? Also have you figured out what version of idrive do you have??? You have the choice if I'm not mistaken to pay the dealership for an upgrade if there's an upgrade available "which I think there is" but once again it depends on your version of idrive. Normally its covered under the 50k/miles warranty if you were experiencing problems. If you have to pay I think it would be around 2 to 250 and take a little over three hours depending on the dealer you went to.

Edit: you could try this to check you versison. No guarantee it will but I figure its worth a shot. But if it does then that will allow you to searh for an updated version if not then unfortunately you will have to go to a dealership

To access the Secret Menu: (Put ignition key in 2nd position)

1. Push down i-Drive knob for approx 8 sec 2. Turn right 3 clicks 3. Turn left 3 clicks 4. Turn right 1 click 5. Turn left 1 click 6. Turn right 1 click 7. Push down i-Drive knob

To get your CIP code (may be slight variations on the below):

1. Go to menu 'Versioncontrol' 2. Scroll to the very bottom and you should something similiar to "I-05-09-510_050509",

Hope this helps

Locked & Loaded
"" Shooter on Deck ""

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Keep an eye on your phone. Even though its already paired up with the radio it will still ask for permission (on the phone) to connect via BT and access the information.
    Yeah get it on hyundai. Make sure to delete it from car and phone to restart the whole process. Have to do that at work all the time to get it to work fire people (hyundai platinum tech here)

Also... Did you erase/freeze any system apps?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App
    Have you ever tried a different dealership??? Also have you figured out what version of idrive do you have??? You have the choice if I'm not mistaken to pay the dealership for an upgrade if there's an upgrade available "which I think there is" but once again it depends on your version of idrive. Normally its covered under the 50k/miles warranty if you were experiencing problems. If you have to pay I think it would be around 2 to 250 and take a little over three hours depending on the dealer you went to.

Edit: you could try this to check you versison. No guarantee it will but I figure its worth a shot. But if it does then that will allow you to searh for an updated version if not then unfortunately you will have to go to a dealership

To access the Secret Menu: (Put ignition key in 2nd position)

1. Push down i-Drive knob for approx 8 sec 2. Turn right 3 clicks 3. Turn left 3 clicks 4. Turn right 1 click 5. Turn left 1 click 6. Turn right 1 click 7. Push down i-Drive knob

To get your CIP code (may be slight variations on the below):

1. Go to menu 'Versioncontrol' 2. Scroll to the very bottom and you should something similiar to "I-05-09-510_050509",

Hope this helps

Locked & Loaded
    "" Shooter on Deck ""
    OP, I used to be a Tech for Verizon Wireless and I had a gentlemen come in with a 550 (with the MT!!) and the Android phones were being a little bit picky (Droid, Droid Inc, Droid X etc) and, if I remember correctly, I tried Bluetooth File Transfer and after playing with some of the settings (can't remember which ones, sorry!) we got it to sync in. You may need to mess with OPP/FTP but see if that works. If not, try other BT apps like that in the Market and see if you can get it to work.

I never took the dude up on this, but he always said if I wanted to drive it, I was welcome to! haha he loved me, I always helped him, really nice guy! God forbid anything happen to his car, especially if I was working at the time!