Secret Codes of LG Optimus One P500

Search This thread

ikunalgautam

Oct 28, 2011
Mumbai
*Secret Codes of Android Phones* :D

DISCLAIMER: This information is intended for experienced users. It is not intended for basic users, hackers, or mobile thieves. Please do not try any of following methods if you are not familiar with mobile phones. We'll not be responsible for the use or misuse of this information, including loss of data or hardware damage. So use it at your own risk. :p:p:p:p

So in this topic, you'll get several hidden secret codes which can be used in any Google Android mobile phone to access things which are not accessible by default. :cool::cool: ;)

FYI These codes have been obtained by decoding various .apk files present in the phone firmware.

*#*#4636#*#*

This code can be used to get some interesting information about your phone and battery. It shows following 4 menus on screen:

* Phone information
* Battery information
* Battery history
* Usage statistics

*#*#7780#*#*

This code can be used for a factory data reset. It'll remove following things:

* Google account settings stored in your phone
* System and application data and settings
* Downloaded applications

It'll NOT remove:

* Current system software and bundled applications
* SD card files e.g. photos, music files, etc.

PS: Once you give this code, you get a prompt screen asking you to click on "Reset phone" button. So you get a chance to cancel your operation.

*2767*3855#

Think before you give this code. This code is used for factory format. It'll remove all files and settings including the internal memory storage. It'll also reinstall the phone firmware.

PS: Once you give this code, there is no way to cancel the operation unless you remove the battery from the phone. So think twice before giving this code.

*#*#34971539#*#*

This code is used to get information about phone camera. It shows following 4 menus:

* Update camera firmware in image (Don't try this option)
* Update camera firmware in SD card
* Get camera firmware version
* Get firmware update count

WARNING: Never use the first option otherwise your phone camera will stop working and you'll need to take your phone to service center to reinstall camera firmware.

*#*#7594#*#*

This one is my favorite one. This code can be used to change the "End Call / Power" button action in your phone. Be default, if you long press the button, it shows a screen asking you to select any option from Silent mode, Airplane mode and Power off.

You can change this action using this code. You can enable direct power off on this button so you don't need to waste your time in selecting the option.

*#*#273283*255*663282*#*#*

This code opens a File copy screen where you can backup your media files e.g. Images, Sound, Video and Voice memo.

*#*#197328640#*#*

This code can be used to enter into Service mode. You can run various tests and change settings in the service mode.

WLAN, GPS and Bluetooth Test Codes:

*#*#232339#*#* OR *#*#526#*#* OR *#*#528#*#* - WLAN test (Use "Menu" button to start various tests)

*#*#232338#*#* - Shows WiFi MAC address

*#*#1472365#*#* - GPS test

*#*#1575#*#* - Another GPS test

*#*#232331#*#* - Bluetooth test

*#*#232337#*# - Shows Bluetooth device address

*#*#8255#*#*

This code can be used to launch GTalk Service Monitor.

Codes to get Firmware version information:

*#*#4986*2650468#*#* - PDA, Phone, H/W, RFCallDate

*#*#1234#*#* - PDA and Phone

*#*#1111#*#* - FTA SW Version

*#*#2222#*#* - FTA HW Version

*#*#44336#*#* - PDA, Phone, CSC, Build Time, Changelist number

Codes to launch various Factory Tests:

*#*#0283#*#* - Packet Loopback

*#*#0*#*#* - LCD test

*#*#0673#*#* OR *#*#0289#*#* - Melody test

*#*#0842#*#* - Device test (Vibration test and BackLight test)

*#*#2663#*#* - Touch screen version

*#*#2664#*#* - Touch screen test

*#*#0588#*#* - Proximity sensor test

*#*#3264#*#* - RAM version

KUNAL GAUTAM

NOTE: if you like just press thanks button !

Last edited:

sweetnsour

May 11, 2011
have you tested these? i'm sure half of them don't work (and i know this because i already have a section on such codes here; i've tested all of these codes and i only include the ones that work for our phone)

Reactions: Cynonymyst

sweetnsour

May 11, 2011
Mostly above Codes wrkss successfully on my o1

I just have two things to say:
1. Since I already have a section on this in my sticky, this thread should be closed (no duplicate threads).
2. Most codes? More like more than half don't work.

I'm not trying to be mean. It's just that you need to search before posting new threads. Not to mention that all you did to make this thread is copy and paste from other threads/sites without checking to see if the codes even work. I do not think O1 users want to waste any time on codes that don't work for their phone. No point in arguing against me because all I have to do is contact a mod to see if they agree with me.

Reactions: snipinu

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
1. Since I already have a section on this in my sticky, this thread should be closed (no duplicate threads).

I'm not trying to be mean. It's just that you need to search before posting new threads. Not to mention that all you did to make this thread is copy and paste from other threads/sites without checking to see if the codes even work. I do not think O1 users want to waste any time on codes that don't work for their phone. No point in arguing against me because all I have to do is contact a mod to see if they agree with me.

Normally I would agree creating threads just to get thanks and ultimately get people to feed your ego is wrong. But so is trying to bully the person into not disputing with you.

sweetnsour

May 11, 2011
Normally I would agree creating threads just to get thanks and ultimately get people to feed your ego is wrong. But so is trying to bully the person into not disputing with you.

I honestly don't want to give that impression, but sometimes it is quite frustrating to see people break all sorts of rules. But if I did give that impression, than I'm sorry.

Sent from my LG-P509 using xda premium

Reactions: eollie

ikunalgautam

Oct 28, 2011
Mumbai

Why u Over Reacting your self ??????.. r u jealous about d post. &$%#

I already mentioned that its for all android devices including our Lg optimus one. Crapp! wat can i do.. if u already post ur stupid sticky same post !!!

sweetnsour

May 11, 2011
Why u Over Reacting your self ??????.. r u jealous about d post. &$%#

I already mentioned that its for all android devices including our Lg optimus one. Crapp! wat can i do.. if u already post ur stupid sticky same post !!!

What I'm trying to say is, at least clean up the post so that it only has codes that actually work for our phone. I can easily copy and paste the codes too, but then the thread would go in a more general forum.

And if you think I am "overreacting" it is because it kinda sucks to already have a section on such codes put together when some other guy comes along, makes a new thread, and does a crappier job at it. You know, for all we know you are not supposed to have this thread because duplicates are a no no. If I were to do that to you, I'm sure you would understand how I feel.

Btw, do you even have an O1?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *Secret Codes of Android Phones* :D

DISCLAIMER: This information is intended for experienced users. It is not intended for basic users, hackers, or mobile thieves. Please do not try any of following methods if you are not familiar with mobile phones. We'll not be responsible for the use or misuse of this information, including loss of data or hardware damage. So use it at your own risk. :p:p:p:p

So in this topic, you'll get several hidden secret codes which can be used in any Google Android mobile phone to access things which are not accessible by default. :cool::cool: ;)

FYI These codes have been obtained by decoding various .apk files present in the phone firmware.

*#*#4636#*#*

This code can be used to get some interesting information about your phone and battery. It shows following 4 menus on screen:

* Phone information
    * Battery information
    * Battery history
    * Usage statistics

*#*#7780#*#*

This code can be used for a factory data reset. It'll remove following things:

* Google account settings stored in your phone
    * System and application data and settings
    * Downloaded applications

It'll NOT remove:

* Current system software and bundled applications
    * SD card files e.g. photos, music files, etc.

PS: Once you give this code, you get a prompt screen asking you to click on "Reset phone" button. So you get a chance to cancel your operation.

*2767*3855#

Think before you give this code. This code is used for factory format. It'll remove all files and settings including the internal memory storage. It'll also reinstall the phone firmware.

PS: Once you give this code, there is no way to cancel the operation unless you remove the battery from the phone. So think twice before giving this code.

*#*#34971539#*#*

This code is used to get information about phone camera. It shows following 4 menus:

* Update camera firmware in image (Don't try this option)
    * Update camera firmware in SD card
    * Get camera firmware version
    * Get firmware update count

WARNING: Never use the first option otherwise your phone camera will stop working and you'll need to take your phone to service center to reinstall camera firmware.

*#*#7594#*#*

This one is my favorite one. This code can be used to change the "End Call / Power" button action in your phone. Be default, if you long press the button, it shows a screen asking you to select any option from Silent mode, Airplane mode and Power off.

You can change this action using this code. You can enable direct power off on this button so you don't need to waste your time in selecting the option.

*#*#273283*255*663282*#*#*

This code opens a File copy screen where you can backup your media files e.g. Images, Sound, Video and Voice memo.

*#*#197328640#*#*

This code can be used to enter into Service mode. You can run various tests and change settings in the service mode.

WLAN, GPS and Bluetooth Test Codes:

*#*#232339#*#* OR *#*#526#*#* OR *#*#528#*#* - WLAN test (Use "Menu" button to start various tests)

*#*#232338#*#* - Shows WiFi MAC address

*#*#1472365#*#* - GPS test

*#*#1575#*#* - Another GPS test

*#*#232331#*#* - Bluetooth test

*#*#232337#*# - Shows Bluetooth device address

*#*#8255#*#*

This code can be used to launch GTalk Service Monitor.

Codes to get Firmware version information:

*#*#4986*2650468#*#* - PDA, Phone, H/W, RFCallDate

*#*#1234#*#* - PDA and Phone

*#*#1111#*#* - FTA SW Version

*#*#2222#*#* - FTA HW Version

*#*#44336#*#* - PDA, Phone, CSC, Build Time, Changelist number

Codes to launch various Factory Tests:

*#*#0283#*#* - Packet Loopback

*#*#0*#*#* - LCD test

*#*#0673#*#* OR *#*#0289#*#* - Melody test

*#*#0842#*#* - Device test (Vibration test and BackLight test)

*#*#2663#*#* - Touch screen version

*#*#2664#*#* - Touch screen test

*#*#0588#*#* - Proximity sensor test

*#*#3264#*#* - RAM version

KUNAL GAUTAM

NOTE: if you like just press thanks button !
    How to press thanks button there is no thanks button showing in the xda app
    Btw thanks

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App
    have you tested these? i'm sure half of them don't work (and i know this because i already have a section on such codes here; i've tested all of these codes and i only include the ones that work for our phone)
    may all not wrk on O1 ! but d above codes is for all android devices !!!!!!

Why would you post codes that don't work for the O1? You do realize that you are in the O1 forum right?

can somebody post secret codes which work only for our phone? I shouldn't test any of keys on my new phone :p

I have a section on codes that specifically work for our phone here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1256048