just installed latest cm nightly from rom manager

Search This thread

mikeew83

Jul 27, 2010
Fredericktown
just installed the latest cm 10 nightly from rom manager now when i boot my phone get a screen says system software not authorized by verizon wireless has been found on your phone please turn off your phone and go to the nearest verizon wireless store for help.

bageloid

Jul 10, 2012
just installed the latest cm 10 nightly from rom manager now when i boot my phone get a screen says system software not authorized by verizon wireless has been found on your phone please turn off your phone and go to the nearest verizon wireless store for help.

Did you unlock your bootloader?

mikeew83

Jul 27, 2010
Fredericktown
yep

I rooted it then i used ezunlock went thru successfully it stated i then backed up my stock rooted and did the rest of of normal wen in to rom manager downloaded did a full wipe dalivk cache data etc and then phone installed and rebooted to that verizon warning screen talk about big brother much.

rustyjay

Jun 28, 2012
riverside
Had the same issue setting up my bro's galaxy yesterday. I had to flash back to stock via Odin and then I just redid root and unlock boot loader and haven't had issue since. Running the new d2vzw euroskank right now with no issues.

mikeew83

Jul 27, 2010
Fredericktown
yea

I figured as much i was downloadin the files had to run out so just switched devices real fast while i fix it figure ill just start from scratch once i odin back to stock.

arrogantS3

Jul 29, 2012
Richmond, VA
I rooted it then i used ezunlock went thru successfully it stated i then backed up my stock rooted and did the rest of of normal wen in to rom manager downloaded did a full wipe dalivk cache data etc and then phone installed and rebooted to that verizon warning screen talk about big brother much.

You need to UNLOCK your bootloader not just root. the official CM is a non kexec kernel and you are still running with your locked bootloader

lonnierm

Aug 11, 2012
Assuming your bootloader is unlocked. I had the same thing happen the first time. Tried to use CWM, missed the suggestion of flashing TWRP from EZ Recovery. Made all the difference. Watch the video from DroidModd3rX:
Verizon Galaxy S3 Cyanogen Mod 10 Unofficial NONKEXEC Install (I can't post links yet, sorry)
uploadfromtaptalk1345435528448.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

bc760

Dec 26, 2010
Victorville, California
I had more then just those issues, apparently my phone was sending doubles text messages, also WiFi struggled to keep a solid signal, data also dropped in and out and last but not least screen would flicker. Did a clean install of the nightly build and alpha build and had the same issues.

lonnierm

Aug 11, 2012
is it suitable for daily use??

I am happy with it. It has rebooted twice on me, once after an hour and a half phone call with Dell tech support, I was tired of talking to the guy anyway ;). But jelly bean is nice, if you don't need NFC, MMS, or Flash (can't get my side load to work). Guess it is all in the eye of the beholder, if you don't mind some of those issues is suitable.

tdperry

May 16, 2012
East Texas
Depends on what you use the phone for. NFC still isn't working, which affects me. I hear NFL Mobile and some of the video apps like netflix aren't working.
Other than that, it's stable and fast.

Not quite stable. It suffers from reboots for some during/after calls..... Me for one. The original alpha build never showed that symptom. Also a lot of people are saying that they are having echo problems on calls.

TAPPED in on my (now unlocked bootloader) Verizon S3

bluetoast

Jan 3, 2011
Did the same thing

is it suitable for daily use??

I'm hosed. I have been trying to fix it with Odin but I don't know Odin well enough. I ran the stock root rom and then synergy. Last night I locked it by using the CW app instead of the manual method. Dang. How do I return to stock? Anyone? I used Odin to download the rooted rom, and had no issues with TWRP. I should have known better than to use CW recovery app and the CW recovery.

rmcneely

Jun 6, 2006
same issue

I'm hosed. I have been trying to fix it with Odin but I don't know Odin well enough. I ran the stock root rom and then synergy. Last night I locked it by using the CW app instead of the manual method. Dang. How do I return to stock? Anyone? I used Odin to download the rooted rom, and had no issues with TWRP. I should have known better than to use CW recovery app and the CW recovery.

Hi. I downloaded and installed the nightly CyanogenMod 10 build and on reboot I'm getting the same error: System software not authorized by Verizon. How did you get past this?