[Q] Kindle with no OS

Search This thread

sandbrother

Mar 11, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have a kindle fire with no OS, it has TWRP recovery and I was trying to wipe android 4.0 from it and re install 6.2.2 but I accidentally deleted the OS and any hope of re installing it. I cannot communicate with the device whatsoever using kindle utility or Kindle fire unbricker. I played with the drivers for awhile in device manager to no avail. it currently sits in 'Disk Drives' as Amazon Kindle USB device but I cannot put anything on it because it it's showing up as a proper driver or w/e. when I turn it on I get what I believe is the firefirefire triangle and if I choose to I can access TWRP, but when I left it fully boot I get a black lighting. Any help is extremely appreciate. I did look around for a bit before posting my question and found nothing that fit my problem but if there is such a thread I'm sorry I posted an unnecessary one.

sandbrother

Mar 11, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
I thought I already tried that but I went back and fiddle with a few settings and got access to my kindle, I went looking for the kindle 6.2.2 stock rom and couldn't find a download, I need to find a stock download because brother plans on selling this kindle, I'm only helping because I was the one who rooted and put android 4.0 on there.

TL:DR; Where can I get kindle fire stock rom at?

namdnas

Jan 30, 2012
One does not simply delete an entire OS.... ;~;

Lol one does simply delete an entire is. I made this same mistake and had to push a is to my kindle while in fastboot mode through adb. Took awhile for me to think of it but it finnally worked and I fixed it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

threed42

Sep 16, 2012
OK, My command prompt can't find my kindle fire as listed devices. I really need help! Plus, there is no exclamation point (!) all it lists is the Android ADB thing. How do I get it to find the device

Last edited:

soupmagnet

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 6
OK, My command prompt can't find my kindle fire as listed devices. I really need help! Plus, there is no exclamation point (!) all it lists is the Android ADB thing. How do I get it to find the device
This has literally nothing to do with the topic you posted in. Take a step back and do a little research before posting. You'll much likely be better off if you know what's going on.

I suggest you start here:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25884555

soupmagnet

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 6
Okay, I realize I tend to come off a little "jerky" sometimes, but I really am trying to help. When you hijack a thread that's several months old and post a problem that seemingly has nothing to do with the OP, only to later reveal that there is much more to your problem (even after being suggested to do it differently), it makes other people that would normally be willing to help, think twice about getting involved. Nobody wants to have to ask 50 different questions to get to the root of the problem. You need to realize that the people who would help, probably don't want to do more work than absolutely necessary. And you should be respectful of that if you want some quality assistance from the people who might be able to solve your problem.

So once again, and respectfully, I suggest you click on the link I gave you, read it, do any suggested research and follow the directions given in the post.

jgrun8732

Feb 13, 2013
Dallas, TX
Hey I'm having the same problem. I tried to root my kinble fire and accidentilly wiped the stockos off it but I have TWRP on the device, however I am not able to mount the device using twrp to put a ROM on the device to boot to. Any help getting the device to be recognized by the computer and mounting it would be a great help and any other info about installing a ROM to my kindle would also be a big help.

soupmagnet

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 6
Hey I'm having the same problem. I tried to root my kinble fire and accidentilly wiped the stockos off it but I have TWRP on the device, however I am not able to mount the device using twrp to put a ROM on the device to boot to. Any help getting the device to be recognized by the computer and mounting it would be a great help and any other info about installing a ROM to my kindle would also be a big help.
[Edit:] Have you looked into SoupKit?

Last edited:

jgrun8732

Feb 13, 2013
Dallas, TX
[Edit:] Have you looked into SoupKit?

I actually figured everything out about 2 hours after my post. In order to get the Kindle recognized by my pc I had to change it over to USB composite device then I was able to load a ROM on it and I am now enjoying jelly bean 4.1 on the kindle now. I have not been able to restore the kindle os but I am assuming that if I look long enough for the kernal and firmware I will be able to restore it. Not that I have any plans to seeing as I have a dedicated android tablet now that does everything I want it and need to do anyways, I read on the kindle for like 3 months when it first came out, not worried about reading on it any more besides there's an app for it. Anyways thanks for the reply.

U

upallnight2getlucky

Hi, sorry if it is bad manners to post in threats months old but I am also having a similar problem with my kindle fire.

Today I spent hours rooting it and trying to get the google play store to work on it - all in a dangerously haphazard manner. It was really reckless of me.

Somewhere in the process I used KFU 0.9.9 after restoring to stock and re-rooting, then after a reboot the OS would't show up. it seemed like it loaded and everything but I couldn't see anything after it loaded past TWRP. I wiped system, and now am without an OS and only TWRP to use.

Some details:
Mounting works
Flashing stock is NOT WORKING. This is my main problem. I don't know any other method of restoring an OS; I do not know how sideloading with ADB works, or if that would help at all.

Much apologies in advanced for my juvenile-ty

Last edited:

iamchaos

Apr 3, 2014
I know this thread is old and i apologize if this is the wrong place for me to post.
I'm in a similar situation, no os can access twrp and mount but my computer wants me to format. What can I do at this point?

thanks

Last edited:

iamchaos

Apr 3, 2014
I know this thread is old and i apologize if this is the wrong place for me to post.
I'm in a similar situation, no os can access twrp and mount but my computer wants me to format. What can I do at this point?

thanks

figured it out formatted and was able to load rom and flash.
Thanks

Csnoopy35

Apr 23, 2016
No idea What I need to do

I have a kindle fire with no OS, it has TWRP recovery and I was trying to wipe android 4.0 from it and re install 6.2.2 but I accidentally deleted the OS and any hope of re installing it. I cannot communicate with the device whatsoever using kindle utility or Kindle fire unbricker. I played with the drivers for awhile in device manager to no avail. it currently sits in 'Disk Drives' as Amazon Kindle USB device but I cannot put anything on it because it it's showing up as a proper driver or w/e. when I turn it on I get what I believe is the firefirefire triangle and if I choose to I can access TWRP, but when I left it fully boot I get a black lighting. Any help is extremely appreciate. I did look around for a bit before posting my question and found nothing that fit my problem but if there is such a thread I'm sorry I posted an unnecessary one.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
it's not broken, you have twrp,
don't use kfu or unbricker
what version of twrp?

Sent from my KFFOWI using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    have you tried mounting your kindle in twrp if you can then just flash a new ROM and you should be good to go

Sent from my CM9 LG G2X using Tapatalk